Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 03:57:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Shaw Trophy Weekend 2017  (Read 5616 times)
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 03:01:33 AM +0100 »

Not really related, but nowhere else to put this:

Sounds like I'll be able to make it to the Vintage Grand Prix @ Mosport this year (June 15-18, weekend after the just-too-damned-expensive-for-my-budget-these-days other event in Montreal). Most of the Masters GP cars running the support race at Montreal will be stopping by this much more classic circuit, and at $20/day for spectators ($35 weekend pass), including paddock access, too good to pass up. Details as of now: http://varac.ca/news/historic-formula-one-to-run-at-the-2017-varac-vintage-grand-prix/

No idea exactly what will be there (looks like mostly DFV-based stuff, 1966-1995 timeframe was mentioned elsewhere), but I will be camera-equipped, so any requests may be fulfilled, amateurishly.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 10:51:21 AM +0100 »

I think that I need to make a call about this weekend simply so that people can start making plans.

So, I am proposing that we go to Brands Hatch again this year simply because it worked so well last year and it is such good value for money.

£29:00 for the whole three days!!

Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix, Brands Hatch, Kent (HSCC).      July 1st-2nd

http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar/2017/july/hscc-01-02-july.aspx

Last year we stayed at a nearby campsite which was OK and had a bar etc. But we discovered during the weekend that we could pitch our tents at the circuit for free. The slight downside would be that we would have to rely on the bars/restuarants/toilets/showers etc around the pit complex.

If we intend to camp at the circuit I cannot foresee any problems as we do not need to do any urgent booking.

But, if we feel that staying at the local campsite is preferable, then it would be good to have some numbers of members attending to book sufficient tents places etc.  as soon as possible.

Can any members planning to attend please post here.
 I can ( almost) guarantee great weekend amongst fellow sim racers and it would be good to see some more faces, even if you come along for just a day out!!

July you say?
I might actually be able to make this then  Grin

I'll have to be a johnny come lately on letting you know as I won't know my movements this far in advance, but I hope to make it  Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 09:31:11 PM +0100 »

If last year is anything to go by then getting tickets will NOT be a problem, unlike Goodwood where it is probably already too late! So you could roll up on the day and still get in.

http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar/2017/july/hscc-01-02-july.aspx

Plus, if I have understood the "camping at the circuit" issue correctly then we should have a whole field to ourselves, and it's free...this TBC.  Wink I have to make a telephone call and ask nicely  Wink

I suspect that as per last year Friday will be a practice/qualifying day so some may wish to get there Friday morning?

Also need to copy Malcolm Shaw in on the plans and hope that he can attend to present the trophy ( probably to Robert again!!  Undecided unless we all get our butts in gear!)

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:30 PM +0100 »

As said, I'm planning to come. Have contacted Tommie, but he yet has to make a decision, he's very busy. Depending on that I need to plan my travelling. If he doesn't go, or other continental Europeans, then I will fly to Southend (fom Eelde, Groningen airport).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:14:54 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 01:26:32 PM +0100 »

Great news Robert.  Grin I hope that Tommie can make it this year, and it would be good if more of our European members could be there too.

If you fly over I am sure that we can arrange for someone to pick you up at Southend   Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 08:13:04 PM +0100 »

Congratulations on yet another Joe Shaw Trophy victory Robert.  Good to see you are planning to take the trip to Brands.  I am too, hope to see you there.  Camping at the circuit looks like the best option for me.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 09:31:36 PM +0100 »

Hearty congratulations to Robert for sweeping the Joe Shaw Series.  A pleasure to share the track with you, mate.

Indeed, my thanks to all who participated.  It was fun and rewarding to race with Joe in mind.

You may have noted a lack of posts from me of late.  I'm greatly restricting my computer terminal time in an effort to save from going blind.  I figure the less time in front of the monitor can't but be a help.  It's been not a lot of fun recently.  Lee's Weather Patch at full bore with maximum fog about describes it.  Sad
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 12:06:21 AM +0100 »

Cheers guys, sorry to hear Doni; take care of your health my friend!  Undecided

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 03:32:19 PM +0100 »

Indeed Doni, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully a short break from the monitors will improve things for you.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 04:19:12 PM +0100 »

Ouch Doni,  Shocked
I hope you find a good prescription to get your eyes in a good shape again.
Fingers crossed!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 05:09:56 PM +0100 »

all the best wishes from me
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 07:27:34 PM +0100 »

Tom van Ostade just apped me he can't make it going to the UKGPL meeting/JSMT presentation. Means I need to make an alternative travel plan and will get back to you guys on that, there's one flight a day to Southend here but looks like the bastards double the prizes Friday to Monday! So might have to extend the trip a few days including thursday and fly back tuesday sleeping on the streets or so Tongue Will get back on that or travel with the train and/or boat...

In the meantime the Joe Shaw Memorial Trophy is heading back to the holy ground.

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:29 PM +0100 »

I have decided NOT to visit the UKGPL meeing/JSMT presentation. It's simply too complicated and too expensive currently to travel alone and stay...

Hope you guys understand Wink

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 01:26:01 PM +0100 »

That is a shame Robert, but I can understand the cost implications for you.

I am sure that we would have arranged to collect you from Southend and returned you to get the flight home.  I was anticipating that we would find space for you in one of the tents, just like we did last year. Perhaps we should have confirmed plans before, but I am notorious for being relaxed about these things  Roll Eyes

Plus, there would be no question of you sleeping on the streets!! between us we would have provided somewhere to stay with food and maybe even a beer.
Malcolm has confirmed that he has received the Trophy from you and he will be bringing it to Brands Hatch.

I am still trying to speak to the "right" person at Brands to get absolute confirmation about the free camping, but the phone calls are getting more frequent....they will get really pi**ed off with me soon and give us free camping just to stop the calls!!

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33:34 AM +0100 »

At Last!!!

I have finally had an email confirming that the free camping area at Brands Hatch will be available on the 30th June and 1st July, and according to the website there are toilets available and water. We would have access to the various food outlets and bars within the circuit too.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com