The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:28:32 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Magione: March 29, 2017
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Magione - Mar 29  (Read 2228 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 10:00:48 PM +0100 »

First time I actually enjoyed this track, only driven it with those Fiat 500's.

Shame a few tried to jump the start at the beginning ( the cheaters  Grin ) so I just did my best to try and get to Lotus Linus, but he was just pulling away a few tenths a lap.
And my tyres were wearing out pretty quickly after a few laps, stayed at around 98% grip for quite a while until they suddenly started dropping fast last few laps, think my left rear was about 94 % at the end.
Drifting through the corners didn't help much, but hey, it's the only way to drive that beamer  Grin

So next week the Praga?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 10:09:37 PM +0100 »

I've imported the results. Please can I discourage people from changing cars once they've joined the server. It's a bit of a phaff having to manually edit the result files to only contain the correct data.

So next week the Praga?
Not unless I buy it or someone emails me the files needed for the server  Embarrassed

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:27 PM +0100 »

Hmm can't say I enjoyed that too much despite finishing 3rd. It just lacked drama, noise and energy for me  Undecided the cars, whilst nice motors, are all a bit too civilised.
Race only livened up for me in last 6 laps as nfsw closed up but still finished a clear 3rd for Porsche honours  Cool Wink

The Cayman is awful  Sad was quite pleased to turn up and get a red one ...until I took it for a few laps  Roll Eyes The boxster is far more lively in both handling and engine drive-ability so something is amiss with AC's model  Undecided
If my CR was that bad I'd sell it!

Well done to Michael and Maikel for top two steps of the podium  Smiley

I was expecting a much closer race for sure as I'm never the quickest in the field. I guess we were missing 5 - 7 other drivers so it may of been different. This was the other car classes I test but opted for the one we chose as I thought it would be closer.

1.20 - 1.21
Nissan GTR Nismo
Porsche 911 R
Ferrari 458 Italia
Audi R8 Plus
Mercedes SLS AMG

1.22 - 1.23
911 Carrera S
Cayman GT4
Evora GTE
Exige S
BMW M4 Akrapovic

Michael Boylan

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 10:27:10 PM +0100 »

I didn't jump the start, I forgot to press the go button, and sat there in the pits wondering when the race would start, then heard
cars going past  Shocked so hit go, and set off down the pit lane, with others in pursuit.
Made a horlicks of the corner onto the straight, and then was so busy watching FMG for his rejoin that I lost concentration
and bumped into Pete, which knocked me accross the track into FMG which spun me unto the path of MJ which
left me in last place.... sigh, sorry for my mess. Then passed FMG and Stefan as FMG waited for him after contact
and somehow managed to stay in front to the end.

Weird experience, with the traction control on, it wasn't really racing, just trying to drive around the TC behaviour
I tried turning it off, and the cars were undrivable for me. Undecided
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:28:44 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 08:17:26 AM +0100 »

Most in front of me disappeared at the start then appeared behind me after a lap so wasn't sure if I was lagging so quit the race. Been so many weird things since last update, game to me seems to be going backwards not forwards.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 09:07:57 AM +0100 »

Most in front of me disappeared at the start then appeared behind me after a lap so wasn't sure if I was lagging so quit the race. Been so many weird things since last update, game to me seems to be going backwards not forwards.

I think that was because a few people put the car in 1st gear and tried to use the clutch for starting, but that doesnt seems to work with these cars and since we had false start enabled they were teleported to the pits  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com