The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 12:40:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which would you prefer?
New GT3 Series - Blancpain 2017 - 8 (66.7%)
Group C series - 3 (25%)
Single spec series - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Next AC Series - starting end of April/early May  (Read 4019 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:34 PM +0100 »

In lieu of a new championship series starting late April/beginning of May, interested to hear what the majority would like to race.
We have new gt3 cars in the mix with the exciting f458 and RSR joining the already great car line up.
 But we also finally have 3 Grp C cars to pitch against each other. If the BoP is out we can maybe add some ballast to any clear lead car type.
Or we could run a single spec series using one car type...porsche 962 springs to mind as it is a fantastic car to race with and has a great set of custom historic skins available.
Group C races would be an hour long for majority but might splash a longer event or two in it if possible, not sure yet.
A trackday car series was tempting to add but truth is I just don't have the time to test enough.

So anyway, just vote and post comments/thoughts below  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:32:02 PM +0100 »

GT3 for me, the Group C's are just too different to get them the same.

I prefer road cars, but I know I'm quite alone in that  Tongue
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 09:22:22 PM +0100 »

Yep, GT3 for me as well.

Michael Boylan

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:02:14 PM +0100 »

group C for me any day!

im sure we can bop them reasonably similar.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22:26 AM +0100 »

Group C's for me. Proper race cars these and there are ways of balancing the championship a bit.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:03:38 AM +0100 »

Group C or road cars, only my input.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:10 PM +0100 »

Dont forget that whilst one grp C car may have a speed advantage at some tracks that same car may be a complete handful on a twistier circuit. I would expect drivers to stick with their car choice for the series so no hopping Into perceived race winners at each track. Problem is as I'm away I can't do any testing so if any of you guys with spare time can run some legit tests at a variety of tracks that would give me good feedback. Can pm it if would rather keep your times to yourself.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:56:02 PM +0100 »

my vote goes for GT3's
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 03:20:20 PM +0100 »

Dont forget that whilst one grp C car may have a speed advantage at some tracks that same car may be a complete handful on a twistier circuit. I would expect drivers to stick with their car choice for the series so no hopping Into perceived race winners at each track. Problem is as I'm away I can't do any testing so if any of you guys with spare time can run some legit tests at a variety of tracks that would give me good feedback. Can pm it if would rather keep your times to yourself.

How is that fun? That way you fight on paper and not on track. Each car need to be competitive on all tracks,  or else it's just boring.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 04:13:52 PM +0100 »

Eh? That's the real world of racing! If you make a slippy car that's great on straight line low df circuits then you expect to take a hit on twisty tracks! Or vise Verda  Tongue ..just ask red bull or Williams  Wink
I'm not convinced the c9 will fit at all personally but nice to be proved wrong  Smiley

Votes 6-5 in favour of gt3 so far anyway. I'm happy with either but love be the idea of a great grp C or 962 series

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 07:37:43 PM +0100 »

I'll take the C9 if no-one else does, found a couple of decent and 'fixed' skins for it recently - If I'm honest I'll take any of the choices if they're under-represented just to ensure a decent grid. Don't think any of them aren't fun to race..

I also fail to see the point in a championship that allows cherry picking of cars per race, completly removes the point of the competition if the track choices are suitably balanced
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 07:56:36 PM +0100 »

I'll take the C9 if no-one else does, found a couple of decent and 'fixed' skins for it recently - If I'm honest I'll take any of the choices if they're under-represented just to ensure a decent grid. Don't think any of them aren't fun to race..

I also fail to see the point in a championship that allows cherry picking of cars per race, completly removes the point of the competition if the track choices are suitably balanced

Totallg agree, should be one car per champiobship wifh maybe one change allowed after the first race. Its not like theres not enough chance to test the cars.

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 09:05:27 PM +0100 »

Totallg agree, should be one car per champiobship wifh maybe one change allowed after the first race. Its not like theres not enough chance to test the cars.

Maybe do a "fun" race beforehand to have everyone test the cars and see how any balancing works out.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 09:48:15 PM +0100 »

I just tried them out at Montreal 88 and Monza 88, forgot how much tracks have changed since then  Shocked far more colourful advertising back then! Only thing I didn't like is the high kerbs, don't know if anyone has modded them better?
Watching and hearing these cars in the replay gave me goosebumps  Cool

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:16 PM +0100 »

I just tried them out at Montreal 88 and Monza 88, forgot how much tracks have changed since then  Shocked far more colourful advertising back then! Only thing I didn't like is the high kerbs, don't know if anyone has modded them better?
Watching and hearing these cars in the replay gave me goosebumps  Cool

Paul Ricard and Adelaide are amazing Mark.

Michael Boylan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com