The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 05:04:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which would you prefer?
New GT3 Series - Blancpain 2017 - 8 (66.7%)
Group C series - 3 (25%)
Single spec series - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Next AC Series - starting end of April/early May  (Read 4047 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 03:45:04 PM +0100 »

heh, similar vibe for me on the GT3 series as I think the Blancpain was one of the best AC series we've had on here, except the Porsche cup for great racing  thumbup1

In an ideal world I would run a separate Historics racing night to use all the great content we have but just don't think i'd get enough racers for two nights a week and its already tough enough to find enough time to practise for one championship race a week. An hour long endurance on a sunday would be cool.

A new Blancpain series will happen soon but I really would like to get a Grp C series going in one way or another first. They are just such cool race cars. Cool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 03:47:30 PM +0100 »

I'm just in the process of updating the server with the last AC update and the Adelaide '88 track. I see it only supports 22 pit boxes, has anyone checked the other tracks from the pack? I'd hate to see us trying to use a track with insufficient space for all the entrants!

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 04:01:29 PM +0100 »

Just watching the Blancpain GT race at misano and its hard not to reminisce back to our GT3 series.

Sounds like this thread has already decided whats going on.

Yeah, I think GT3 will be a lot better, but I am in the minority here  Sad

I think we should possibly run a mini Grp C championship, something like 4 or 5 races. If its popular then it can be extend like the Porsche Cup. Then run a 10 round GT3 championship.

^ This

While I like the cars from the group C, it's going to be more of a struggle with the car then some close battling the GT3's provide. As a reference I found that the Lotus 98T was easier to drive then most group C cars around Adelaide ( I'm looking at you Mercedes C9  Grin )

We'll just see how Wednesday plays out  Cool
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 04:46:05 PM +0100 »

i just tried all 3 cars at Adelaide and set an equal time with all 3  Shocked admittedly a few secs shy of Maikel as I just ran default setups and did 10 laps in each but I was surprised how even they seemed. They seem to have tamed the beast somewhat in the C9 too, as I found it much easier to hussle around than I expected. It used to be a right b*stard to drive  Grin
Pretty sure I would find them trickier if I really started to push for those extra tenths but I like cars that are driveable from the off that you can then tweak the setup further.  Smiley

I wouldn't have thought of running a street circuit for this series but have to say they suit Adelaide pretty well and its a nicely done track except for that nasty bump down into T1 chicane. Though the irony isn't lost on me that we pick a tight circuit to test Grp C cars  Tongue We definitely need a speed test at somewhere quick like Paul Ricard or Monza for comparison.

The Porsche is actually the least exciting to drive of the 3, the other two sound epic from the cockpit. Don't know how many of you run triple screens but they look mighty fine with this cockpit view  Cool  watching 4 abreast go down the straight in replay mode is fantastic  tt1

Re the pitboxes, surely 22 is enough? I know we touched on 25 for the Porsche cup but be surprised if I could repeat that with more niche historic racing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:48:44 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 05:12:01 PM +0100 »

Re the pitboxes, surely 22 is enough? I know we touched on 25 for the Porsche cup but be surprised if I could repeat that with more niche historic racing.
On a sample of 1 there are 'only' 22 boxes. No idea what any of the other proposed tracks have. We've fallen foul of this before so I was just pointing out it should be checked.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 06:10:51 PM +0100 »

Test part 2 at Paul Ricard

Quickest this time around was the shorttail with a 1:19.3. Again seems the most stable and easiest. About on par with the 787b for top speed (+- 280 )
Second the Longtail with a 1:19.9 on 70% boost. Top speed was slightly faster then the shorttail and around 300 with a 100% boost.
Third was the C9 with a 1:20,3 using 60% boost. Car was managable around here. Insane top speed, even at 60% boost I was getting about 305 km/h!!
Last the 787b with a 1:20.7. Should probably be alitlle bit more in it but it does seem lacking in power on the straights ( around 275 )

Then I gave the C9 a go with 100% boost and did a 1:17.6 with a top speed of about 325 km/h  Shocked
No idea how long that engine will last though ( was running with damage off )
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 06:20:58 PM +0100 »

Nice work Maikel  Smiley

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 06:57:17 PM +0100 »

On a sample of 1 there are 'only' 22 boxes. No idea what any of the other proposed tracks have. We've fallen foul of this before so I was just pointing out it should be checked.

It seems to vary greatly per track. .. . ..

Montrael has 28
Estoril 25
Detroit 24
Imola, Adelaide and Jerez 22
Paul Ricard and Monza 21
Mexico 20
And Silverstone only 16

Those are the one I've installed so far.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:56 AM +0100 »

Tried all 4 cars for a few laps at Adelaide. All default setup with shorter gears, correct tyre pressures, medium tyres, more wing, 60l of fuel and boost on 70% where applicable/

Times wise they are quite close, but the mercedes shouldn't be competitive here, but it still is. It's by far the hardest to drive, but with the top speed bonus and not even full boost, it will be almost impossible to pass that thing.
Mazda felt really slow, but i guess it wins a lot of time in the corners.
The Porsches felt quite the same and the ST was a bit bland.

All times have room for improvement as they were just benchmarks, but I just can't see the Mercedes getting slowed down in a proper fashion to make it less overpowered. Slapping on a lot of weight will just make the car a dog to drive. Bit like the Marcos was in GTR2, can't turn, but goes like a rocket.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:02 PM +0100 »

Been testing the cars at the different tracks and the track that seem the best are,

1. Paul Ricard 88
2. Estoril 88
3. Jacarepagua 88 (amazing in these cars)
4. Spa 88
5. Imola 88

Bonus round: Adelaide 88

Michael Boylan

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:36 AM +0100 »

Those sound good to me. Not too many tracks favouring the outright power of the Merc.

However i would love to see the Brno or Suzuka track in this list though.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2017, 10:25:57 AM +0100 »

Those sound good to me. Not too many tracks favouring the outright power of the Merc.

However i would love to see the Brno or Suzuka track in this list though.

Ooooh, I don't have the Brno track. It wasn't in my pack.

Suzuka I found pretty average in places so left it out. Happy to run it though Smiley

Michael Boylan

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:32 PM +0100 »

Finding all cars a handful, will keep out of the way tonight. Embarrassed
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 03:33:32 PM +0100 »

Ehhm, yup. Not the easiest of tracks to race these monsters.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:23 PM +0100 »

Just back from my hols, what was the general consensus on the grp C cars? Now that you have raced them once or twice.Can we run a viable series with them?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com