The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 03:51:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Adelaide: April 05, 2017
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Adelaide - Apr 5  (Read 1748 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:25:33 PM +0100 »

Sports car fun Race

Practise: 19:15 BST (60 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 27 Laps (approx 40mins)

Cars allowed:
Merc C9
Mazda 787B
Porsche 962 Long/Shortails

Track: Adelaide (from this pack)

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:03:57 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:34:35 PM +0100 »

Thanks Pete, Grp C things  Grin
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:59:21 PM +0100 »

LOL - trying to sort it out properly but work keeps distracting me.....

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:17:10 PM +0100 »

I'll get a bunch of rough setups done tonight and then plump for whatever is most under-represented.
This probably means running around at the back in a long tail though...
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:37:16 PM +0100 »

Tried them all again and the C9 still is quickest for me. I find it quite agile around the slower corners, very finicky on the throttle though.
Did my best time on 60% boost, seems to be the best power/not-spinning-like-crazy ratio.

And still slowest with the Mazda. Just can't seem to get any grip out of the car. Could be my setup though, I just messed around and changed a few things. Might have broken the thing  Grin

I've added all my setups to ptracker. Just don't put to much trust in that Mazda one  Cool
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 09:47:27 PM +0100 »

I'm going for the Mazda but it understeers like crazy  Huh

Michael Boylan

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:26:05 PM +0100 »

Not that I've done proper setups for all yet, but currently I'm fastest in the C9, then 787, 962LH, and finally 962SH.
Admittedly I've only done 3 laps in the short tail though so expect to gain some serious time in that!

Tempted to run longtail although I love the engine note in the Mazda...
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:33:13 PM +0100 »

I'm going with either the C9 or the longtail.

Love the Mercedes and even though its definitely the quickest, it's also most likely to kill you...in brutally fashion.... and especially that very brave racing steward standing in front of the tyres at the end of the long straight ( I hit him once in the Mercedes but he seemed fine, he stayed on his feet and he didn't even blinked once )  Grin

Longtail was pretty fun once you get around at how to drive the thing. Seems like the throttle is somehow attached to the steering wheel.... those crazy Porsche engineers.  Grin
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 08:48:13 AM +0100 »

Indeed the 787b is very understeery by default. Can't remember the exact changes i made but added front wing and front camber, also different ARB settings to get it to turn.
I found that changing the diff settings also helped quite a bit.
Do like the car, also for its sound. So i will stick with it for tonights race.

Altough i changed the setup and created some more heat in the tyres, they still seem to stay coldish. Now AC advices to add pressure? They will be even colder no?
Rears are green at about 30 PSI hot, fronts stay blue at 25 PSI hot. What should be anything near the ballpark on hot pressures then?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:10:46 AM +0100 »

Was wondering the same. Ideal pressure was about 29 - 30. But this means I had to add quite alot of pressure, especially the front. Not sure if you're supposed to go for ideal press with these though.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 08:48:45 PM +0100 »

didn't manage any practice in these cars, I was going to start from the back and get some mileage, but after doing a couple of laps realised I need more practise to just keep out of peoples way. they seem like nice cars to drive, hopefully I will be able to get some praccy in before the next race
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 09:20:05 PM +0100 »

Great cars these, well done all, satisfied just to finish.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 09:32:36 PM +0100 »

That was intense for 40 minutes  Shocked.

The difference in speed between the Mazda with stock setup and a nice downloaded setup is quite a lot.

Went for mediums as I thought they would be better suited for this race and would probably last...how wrong was I. The were gone before halfway and I pitted. Set up my stop with a 3rd party app and ignored the official one. So the crew ignored me and didn't do anything  Roll Eyes.

Had to do another lap and come in and try to figure out how the official app works. Found out the mouse doesn't do anything, but you need the arrow keys.

I can't see these cars ever being BOP'd, they differ just way too much. Maybe single class could be fun, but I just don't see this being proper championship material. Great cars tho.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 09:43:26 PM +0100 »

I did a fresh install of AC and deletec all my game and FFb settings, as I tried millions of different settings over the years, with and without those .lut files.
Went back to what I started with, basically everything turned off, and the cars tonight felt great. Hopefull it's not just these cars and I can actually feel the others as well and enjoy the racing.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 09:47:44 PM +0100 »

Went for the Mercedes last minute, since at the time nobody was driving it.

Managed to stay within Jeffrey's Mazda for a few laps, gaining on the straights. After that I was just struggling with the car and keeping it on its rims since the car ate the tyres ( Bad Mercedes  nono )
After 14 laps or so the tyres were at 96%, had to dial the boost down to 50, hit the wall a few times since the car decided to waggle its tail against it and pitted for hards which didn't even last that long aswell.

Fun cars to drive in and hotlap, though I'm not seeing these doing any nice car to car battles.

Maybe keep them as fun races ?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com