The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 08:17:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Adelaide: April 05, 2017
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Adelaide - Apr 5  (Read 1750 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 09:56:05 PM +0100 »

Didn't really enjoy that in the sense it just wasn't much fun. Didn't start well by going to the grid and being in the same spot as Stefan so when the lights went out, I immediately had damage. Can't see much racing going on and frustration getting the better of people. I actually got bored early on but that might be because only around 8 of us or so. Probably didn't help I took the GT3's for a spin last night which was thrilling as usual Smiley

I guess these cars would be great with 40 or so drivers as Le Mans Smiley

Michael Boylan

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 10:21:10 PM +0100 »

That was me Micheal - No Idea why it happened and for some reason it wouldn't let me quit back to the pit either.
I'm guessing it can't of done us much damage as despite having a yellow front splitter from the off I still recorded at least one 1:30.xx during the 2nd half of the race...

I actually started to enjoy that as the race went on. I clicked with the car around half way and figured out how best to drive it here without over driving. As a result my laptimes dropped a fair bit and I even found myself making less errors.

I think the lack of enthusiasm here was propably down to how evil these cars were and the fact this was a small street circuit that perhaps doesn't have the appeal of say - Spa - to younger drivers.
As to the lack of wheel to wheel racing I think that was a factor of this circuit as much as it was to the cars. F1 here wouldn't feature much wheel to wheel either if we took the 72's or 98's out. A bigger circuit and suddenly we'd have action.

I think we need at least one further trial on a bigger circuit before writing these off, as I'd love a proper championship. I also think the cars would balance out quite well.
The Merc may be silly fast, but Maikel was on Hards after his stop then he still wore through them very fast, I was getting more pace out of my 25 lap old tyres than he was out of nearly new ones Wink
And Jeff's pace in the 787 was untouchable for me - maybe because he was on Mediums and I made a few mistakes, but even so...
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:49 AM +0100 »

Well i have to agree whith FMG on this one. These cars require a setup and some getting used to, as they do not feature ABS, TC, In car entertainmentsystems, etc and still have shit loads of horsepower kicking in with turbo lag (not the 787) measured in minutes.
Without some practice you are going to fail in these cars (especially on this track), just like it was in the real days.

It seems the wear rate and diffuculty level is also a good perfomance balancer i quess? The 787 might be outright slower than the Merc, but over a race distance things might turn out the other way.
Pitstop strategy might also be a factor here. As you might remember some bloke called M. Schumacher was an ace on his pit-stop strategy's and tyre wear as he learnt that from racing Group C cars.
Also the GT3 cars are not equal, they are getting BOP'ed so that all are the same. Compared to this lot a bit bland even?..

On another note. I tried the Brno track and altough a nice layout, i don't think ready yet for leagueracing.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 11:47:22 AM +0100 »

Tyre wear was all over the place for me. First stint on the mediums the rears were dropping quickly after a few laps, had to dial the boost down to manage the car better. Then on the hards the front was dropping rather quickly  Huh Could be the pressures were abit off, added only one extra psi for the hards, but was to busy to check during the race  Grin
Was changing brake ratio and the boost all the time, was more busy then in the LMP1 cars  Tongue
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 04:55:40 PM +0100 »

I've been trying to import the results but after editing the result files it appears the importer doesn't like the track. As this is a fun race, and we'll not use this track in the future due to the bugs in it, I suggest we don't bother Dave and just move on to the next event.

Any violent objections?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 05:18:42 PM +0100 »

I've been trying to import the results but after editing the result files it appears the importer doesn't like the track. As this is a fun race, and we'll not use this track in the future due to the bugs in it, I suggest we don't bother Dave and just move on to the next event.

Any violent objections?

I object if that gives Dave a night off, put that man to work  Wink.

JK obviously  Tongue
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 06:04:17 PM +0100 »

Tyre wear was all over the place for me. First stint on the mediums the rears were dropping quickly after a few laps, had to dial the boost down to manage the car better. Then on the hards the front was dropping rather quickly  Huh Could be the pressures were abit off, added only one extra psi for the hards, but was to busy to check during the race  Grin
Was changing brake ratio and the boost all the time, was more busy then in the LMP1 cars  Tongue

Possibly just due to the change in compounds - I did all my practice and set up work on hards.
I created the qualifying setup during the pre-race practice and found I was adjusting suspension settings and so on just to make the softs work for me Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com