The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 12:03:51 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Cadwell Park: April 19, 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Cadwell Park - Apr 19  (Read 3812 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:08 PM +0100 »

Was actually a pretty fun race in the end.

Right from the start Matteo, Jeffrey and me were quite close, with Matteo pulling away slightly each lap in the Ginetta.

Then after a few laps I saw Jeffrey practicing some grassgliding, had to go on the brakes in the middle of the corner or it would've ended his new hobby. Though "braking in the corner" translated to Maserati's means doing a 180  Grin

After some laps I knew that Matteo was too quick and just decided to wait on Jeffrey to have some battle. Lasted a while until he got stuck in the tyres  Roll Eyes

Pretty fun rollercoaster track, should be good with some other cars aswell.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 10:12:38 PM +0100 »

Really enjoyed that a lot and the Porsche Cayman GT4 is incredible. So much fun. Had a good race as well, qualified 5th and finished 3rd with Eck closing on me ever so slightly each lap.

As for this track, a spec race here would be excellent. Nothing too fast so you need to work at it to get the maximum through the twisties and slow enough to allow overtaking opportunities. Something like the MX5 Cup or even the Cayman GT4.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 11:47:26 AM +0100 »

One race too early for me, I was a space cadet with jet lag and really couldn't get into it. Retired at mid distance  Embarrassed

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 01:25:13 PM +0100 »

Then after a few laps I saw Jeffrey practicing some grassgliding, had to go on the brakes in the middle of the corner or it would've ended his new hobby. Though "braking in the corner" translated to Maserati's means doing a 180  Grin
I acquired that new hobby because the clamping system of the T500RS is absolutely rubbish and due to the bumpy nature of the track, my wheel bounced off my desk and I ended up with the wheel on my lap. Luckily the spin was long enough for me to put it back on the desk and try to secure it again.
The whole race i was pushing the wheel back onto the desk, as it kept moving towards me.

After some laps I knew that Matteo was too quick and just decided to wait on Jeffrey to have some battle. Lasted a while until he got stuck in the tyres  Roll Eyes

Got my bumper against the tyres and couldn't move because of that  Roll Eyes. Car was hardly damaged, but the tyres just didn't let go and after 3 seconds or so, the game put me back to the pitlane (which apparently is a setting somewhere).
Drove out of the pitlane thinking, great bug as I am still infront of Maikel, but then I saw my name drop down the list Sad. Maikel and I went side by side towards the first braking zone and I braked at my normal spot, but the game also gave me fresh new and stone cold tyres when I warped to the pits, so I just went straight as I had no braking power.

Race was a complete mess for me, and ironically, this one gets a resultspage  Tongue.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 02:17:15 PM +0100 »

at least we had the honour of finishing in front of you for one time Jeffrey!  Wink

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 03:19:48 PM +0100 »

thumbup2
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:39 PM +0100 »

Got my bumper against the tyres and couldn't move because of that  Roll Eyes. Car was hardly damaged, but the tyres just didn't let go and after 3 seconds or so, the game put me back to the pitlane (which apparently is a setting somewhere).

To avoid this kind of issue, make this change in the file options.ini that you find in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg/options.ini
Open the file with Wordpad and change the value "AUTOFLIP_RECOVERY=1" to AUTOFLIP_RECOVERY=0. That won't cause any mismatch online or "alert" with anticheat like Simracingtools.

About my race. I was forced to take the Ginetta because I experienced a strange bug on this track. Every time I did try to modify the setup with Maserati or Porsche, on the first button on the left (the one with the steering wheel image) appeared the message: "Invalid setup", so I could not change fuel load and with 30 litres I wouldn't have finished the race. Unfortunately the Ginetta was too fast for the rest of the field on this track, so my race became just an exercise of hotlapping.
In any case I was really happy to race again with some of you after more than 4 years. SROUK is always a good place for racing Smiley
Hope to see you for the next.
Bye
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:19:19 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 08:52:04 AM +0100 »

To avoid this kind of issue, make this change in the file options.ini that you find in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg/options.ini
Open the file with Wordpad and change the value "AUTOFLIP_RECOVERY=1" to AUTOFLIP_RECOVERY=0. That won't cause any mismatch online or "alert" with anticheat like Simracingtools.

Thanks, I've changed that now. But I think I would still be stuck in the tyres anyway, as it never let go  Grin,

About my race. I was forced to take the Ginetta because I experienced a strange bug on this track. Every time I did try to modify the setup with Maserati or Porsche, on the first button on the left (the one with the steering wheel image) appeared the message: "Invalid setup", so I could not change fuel load and with 30 litres I wouldn't have finished the race. Unfortunately the Ginetta was too fast for the rest of the field on this track, so my race became just an exercise of hotlapping.
In any case I was really happy to race again with some of you after more than 4 years. SROUK is always a good place for racing Smiley
Hope to see you for the next.
Bye

If you haven't already, check the ride heights in the setup, if they are red, then that means the setup is invalid and you can't go on track. Maybe other settings also cause it, but I've only seen it with ride height:

And good to see you back  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com