The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 09:09:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Blancpain Championship series 2017  (Read 19049 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 07:38:51 PM +0100 »

If your all so concerned over BOP, dont pick the cars!

Agree. If the quick drivers just don't pick the 650 it doesn't matter much. May even bring the field closer.

Well I would say just alien drivers don't take the 650, got no issue with mortal drivers choosing it. Bit of a revelation to me about this disparity tbh, I thought the gt3 set of cars were balanced by kunos?  Undecided
I want variety on the grid as that's what is so great about the real series.  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 07:55:12 PM +0100 »

I think we all agree on the 650 being clearly faster than the other cars, so gentlemen's agreement that faster drivers don't take it  Smiley.

For me the Nissan is 2nd best, but that may be because it suits my driving style and the Lambo the slowest for me, so I think a lot will come down to the personal affinity with a car, how much somebody can get out of it.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 08:58:00 PM +0100 »

The 650 is the fastest?! Not in my hands, it's one of the slower cars for me. In order for me it's the Porsche fastest, then Merc GT3, then the rest. A lot depends on how you drive and your style and therefore what suits you and what you like in a car and whether you have a good setup, e.g. I can't keep some of the cars on the track when I'm on the edge whereas others I can keep on the edge and on the track. Swings and roundabouts.

So no I don't agree that the 650 is the fastest. Fact is that the faster drivers will win whatever their car (as the case should be!). The fact that different cars have different characteristics makes GT3s interesting just like our days of GTR when the different cars produced all sorts of racing. Will the Nissan win at Monza? Will it? It's fast in a straight line yes, but can the others make it up through the corners? Possibly. Should we have driver balancing (to artificially make the championship closer), based on championship position, not sure?

Let's just race with the cars as they are with the tracks as they are.

P.S. I'm waiting on my team mate before choosing one of two cars. :-)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 09:49:47 PM +0100 »

Can we get a test server up, somewhere like Mugello or Barcelona GP so we can start testing and comparing times Smiley

Michael Boylan

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 10:26:24 PM +0100 »

Well I would say just alien drivers don't take the 650, got no issue with mortal drivers choosing it. Bit of a revelation to me about this disparity tbh, I thought the gt3 set of cars were balanced by kunos?  Undecided
I want variety on the grid as that's what is so great about the real series.  Smiley
Kunos is haven't alien drivers in team so, they clearly said in final- " Use ballast"
To me the car choice is main thing here because i am starting to drive in BOPed car BMW in other league 30+ pilots champ. So i dont want personaly to test other cars in UKAC champ which racing in 3 o'clock night my local time. But to drive in BMW here will means that i'll loose any grid position especially when i just waken from bed  Grin  And i don't want to drive 650S because Mclaren was drived by me in other GT3 champs in last years...I tyred from him.  But i want to drive in this site because of good peoples here. Dilemma is present in my mind  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:34:41 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 10:55:15 PM +0100 »

Can we get a test server up, somewhere like Mugello or Barcelona GP so we can start testing and comparing times Smiley

Good idea, both tracks are perfect for testing cars  Smiley. Pete can we get a testing server up? Maybe until Saturday then switch it to Brands GP for next Wednesday's opening race.

Ps the real Blancpain series races at Brands hatch this weekend if you want inspiration  Cool

Regarding car choices, I agree with Simon, different cars suit different drivers. Other than aliens preferably staying out of the 650, please pick whatever car you want to race with  Smiley

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 11:34:35 PM +0100 »

Good idea, both tracks are perfect for testing cars  Smiley. Pete can we get a testing server up? Maybe until Saturday then switch it to Brands GP for next Wednesday's opening race.

Ps the real Blancpain series races at Brands hatch this weekend if you want inspiration  Cool

Regarding car choices, I agree with Simon, different cars suit different drivers. Other than aliens preferably staying out of the 650, please pick whatever car you want to race with  Smiley

Can the server be set to run Barcelona GP please  Grin

I'm actually going to Brands on Sunday to watch. Third year in a row and the best racing I've ever seen live Smiley

Very true about cars suiting different drivers and driving style. I just tested the McLaren, Nissan and Audi and for me the McLaren was the slowest Smiley Felt wrong in my hands.

Michael Boylan

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2017, 07:22:41 AM +0100 »

If your all so concerned over BOP, dont pick the cars!

Agree. If the quick drivers just don't pick the 650 it doesn't matter much. May even bring the field closer.

Amen!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2017, 07:34:06 AM +0100 »

Pete can we get a testing server up? Maybe until Saturday then switch it to Brands GP for next Wednesday's opening race.
I was hoping for a race announcement so I had a full list of cars you're running. There are 3 Porsche GT3s in game, which are we running in this championship? The Audi R8 LMS is not listed in game as GT3 but we ran it last time, are we again - are there other 'non GT3' cars I need?

Sadly I'm no expect in car classes, nor telepathic, nor do I have enough free time to trawl 4 or 5 topics to see what's being mentioned and to 2nd guess.

I have now launched a practice server - I'm sure you'll all be along soon to say you've forgotten blah or we're not running blah. So expect the server to be restarted while you're on it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:55:28 AM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2017, 08:18:34 AM +0100 »

ooh someones grumpy this morning  laugh

GT3 eligible class cars:-

Porsche gt3-R 2016,
Audi R8 Lms,
Ferrari 488gt3,
Lambo Huracan GT3,
Bmw Z4 GT3,
McLaren 650 gt3,
Mercedes AMG gt3,
Nissan GTR GT3

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 08:23:09 AM +0100 »

ooh someones grumpy this morning  laugh
Nothing different to any other morning  Embarrassed Thanks for the official list.

Server restarted
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:29:24 AM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 08:51:52 AM +0100 »

See it as extreme confidence in you abilities Pete Grin.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 04:40:50 AM +0100 »

MODEL=bmw_z4_gt3
SKIN=xdrive_20_z  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 08:25:11 AM +0100 »

Couldn't find the server last night, was it down?

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 09:08:25 AM +0100 »

All servers where down last night. Was an issue on AC's side.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com