The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:00:30 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blancpain Championship series 2017  (Read 18699 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:11 PM +0100 »

I was going to post about in real world Bop is subjective based around a single test driver around a single track. Its not scientific at all. But...

I know everyone critisies Raceroom but driving it i relised that actually the cars in AC arnt real GT3 cars as Bop'd in real life. Everything is adjustable in AC unlike the real cars where they have the gearing fixed, differing min ride heights, fixed diffs etc. to equalise the cars

Has anyone actually looked ot see on the FIA/SRO websites exactly what the BOP for the cars are and replicating it?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2017, 10:48:48 PM +0100 »

Makes for an interesting read:-

https://www.reddit.com/r/acrl/comments/6ikp13/gt3_survey_results/

In one of those hindsight moments and with all the agro this season experienced with BoP aspertions, I realise we jumped right into this series without a test race or two. That was probably a mistake as meant people chose a car without fully knowing if they would get on with it. But probably, like me, you assumed it was all business as normal like we had for season1 Blancpain.  Undecided  Even looking back on that I now realise several aliens joined in throughout the season running the useful weapon (in the right hands) that is the McLaren 650 as that was no doubt the better car at the time. detective
More work needed by Kunos on their GT3 BoP me-thinks  Tongue

Can I just say that I suggested a test race for this very reason but the idea was poo pood Sad Last season we ran a test race at Mugello so next season I think we should run another test race as it has hurt us this season.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:52:18 PM +0100 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2017, 11:34:46 AM +0100 »

If you are going to run a test race, make the track one which is the most similar to the majority of layouts, that way it wont be unfairly bop'd.

Still, i think were all trying to put our ideals in, lets just pick a way and test it.. i have loads of free time atm so i dont mind doing some preliminary testing for bop.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 26, 2017, 12:22:34 PM +0100 »

Barcelona is often the test track of choice, or Nordschleiffe or portimao these days.
An incremental restrictor test would be useful for the gt3 class as would a way of BoPing the group C cars  Wink

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 26, 2017, 02:14:57 PM +0100 »

problem with the group c cars which makes it harder than the GT3 cars is the variable turbo boost.

i'm unsure how air restriction would effect the turbo cars, ideally when setting the turbo you want the highest without causing damage at redline, you can usually have and extra 10% because even tho it is damaging the engine the engine life lasts the length of the race. it may be possible to lower the air restriction but increase the boost pressure, which would negate the effect altogether so i will have to work that out.

i will have a quick look how they react to air and ballast and try find something which is decent to start with, but they might need to be tweaked as the series goes on..  but i'm not sure they are too dissimilar out of the box tbh.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2017, 07:33:54 AM +0100 »

But both the ferrari and Mclaren are turbo'd. Definatly feels in the ferrari that top end theres nothing, all the torque kicks in quite low.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2017, 10:08:42 AM +0100 »

But both the ferrari and Mclaren are turbo'd. Definatly feels in the ferrari that top end theres nothing, all the torque kicks in quite low.

You're correct, but they dont have variable turbos.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com