by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 06:20:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LE MANS CLASSICS ADD-ON FOR GT LEGENDS RELEASED (v.1.0)  (Read 2693 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2017, 06:46:58 PM +0100 »

by BorekS over at:

http://simgarage.nolimit.cz/rubriky/game-add-ons/le-mans-classics

DESCRIPTION
A free car add-on for GT Legends game (SimBin). Contents some kind of historic Le Mans racing series cars from late 60s / early 70s.
This game pack is enhanced with another vehicles yet, which never raced Le Mans, but are related to the main car list strongly. Typically with Le Mans longtail vehicles are also its shortails available there.

CREDITS
2D/3D stuff: BorekS, RookieoftheMans, Marco F., tsf2, dbstreet and DonPanoz
Car physics: deep-strike
Sounds: NEChris and wolferl, adapted for the cars by deep-strike
Special thanks to: LooseEther, Altbierbude testdrivers MichaW, Manfred Haupenthal, Terra24, valentinocavrag, Norbert Calenborn 

CAR LIST
Ferrari 330 P3/4
Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari 412P
Ford Mk.IV
Porsche 907 K
Porsche 907 LH
Porsche 908 K
Porsche 908 LH
Porsche 917 K (1969)
Porsche 917 L (1969)

Smiley Great stuff. Just tested the GT40 Mark IV at Mosport.

Thanks to all involved thumbup1 thumbup2 rockon

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:35:57 PM +0100 »

Also ran a few laps at Mosport, they seem docile to me as compared to the CAN AM beast's.  I PM'd Tony a while back and he was downloading.  Looks to me like a good series for 2018, hint hint....

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:00 PM +0100 »

Guys, if you do edit the SIM_GTC.gdb file please do it with a fresh GTL install.

Otherwise we will be inundated with miss-match messages on race night.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 08:33:34 PM +0100 »

Yep mine is install on a backup drive, not my SROUK racing stuff...

Thanks
Bob M.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 11:24:01 AM +0100 »

Guys, if you do edit the SIM_GTC.gdb file please do it with a fresh GTL install.

Just modified the .car files according to CAN-AM-classes

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 03:16:16 PM +0100 »

Thanks for letting us know about this  Cool I haven't run GTL for a while now but this mod tempted me into reinstalling it again. I downloaded VLM LeMans and have been having a lot of fun running the mod with the GTC65 cars. I'll have to set aside an evening for a full on time scaled LM race  Smiley

The cars feel and drive great but unfortunately to get the best in the seat feeling I've had to edit the cameras in the CAR files (as I always seem to have to do with GTL/GTR2). This makes any online racing out of the question for me these days. I don't know why devs and modders don't give wider options for seat adjustment in the camera files Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 05:41:54 PM +0100 »

Just modified the .car files according to CAN-AM-classes
Hmm but don't you have to do that too every .car file? Seems like hard work when you could just edit the SIM_GTC.gdb file once. Just sayin'  whistling

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 05:45:56 PM +0100 »

Driven all the cars for three of four laps on full tanks at Daytona Road (1970). Only tweaked the setups a bit. All good to drive and quite close in performance terms. Some have better brakes than others and some are very punishing to their tyres. Leave it to you guys to find out which has what  Grin

Hope we get a series for these in 2018 

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 06:45:48 PM +0100 »

Is there a chance we could edit the mod to have a greater range of seat movement?  angel The lines would need changing in each .car file to something like:

MaxSeatUp=0.35                                                                                               
MaxSeatDown=-0.30

Obviously this would mean hosting our own version of the mod and presumably would need approval so I understand if this would be a problem.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:02:11 PM +0100 »

Is there a chance we could edit the mod to have a greater range of seat movement?  angel The lines would need changing in each .car file to something like:

MaxSeatUp=0.35                                                                                               
MaxSeatDown=-0.30

Obviously this would mean hosting our own version of the mod and presumably would need approval so I understand if this would be a problem.
The mod team are contactable. I'll ask the question.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 11:53:59 AM +0100 »

Is there a chance we could edit the mod to have a greater range of seat movement?  angel The lines would need changing in each .car file to something like:

MaxSeatUp=0.35                                                                                              
MaxSeatDown=-0.30

I have changed the seat up/down values with one GT40 car and gone online and received no miss-match messages. I will try it on Monday night and see if it throws up any problems. If it doesn't then it would seem as if the individual could edit the seat position values as much as they want/need.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:55:56 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 09:06:49 AM +0100 »

Happy to report that no miss-match messages were given in last nights GT40 race when I ran a car with modified seat height settings.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com