The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 04:13:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in a Miata Championship  (Read 627 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:59:35 PM +0100 »

Just wondering if there's any interest in running a mini British Mazda Miata Spec race championship at some point. I'm been running them offline and they are a hoot to drive and can be very tail happy at time. I'm thinking 20 minute races at Oulton Park, Brands Indy, Silverstone National, Cadwell, Donington National and Thruxton. If the interest is there, then maybe run 2 x 20 minute races with the second race being a reverse grid.

Something people would be interested in?

Michael Boylan

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:57:25 PM +0100 »

Well, i can appreciate the Miata as a fun race car. But it would be another modern spec race series after the 911 cup and GT3 "cup"  Roll Eyes  I would prefer to go a bit more into the more old skool race cars (and tracks)
Just my 2cts

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:15:33 PM +0100 »

Well, i can appreciate the Miata as a fun race car. But it would be another modern spec race series after the 911 cup and GT3 "cup"  Roll Eyes  I would prefer to go a bit more into the more old skool race cars (and tracks)
Just my 2cts

I'm up for that also. My idea is just something to slot in at anytime, does not need to be the usual Wednesday night event, can be any night if there is interest.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:20:38 PM +0100 »

Not really my cup of tea as they are so slow  sleep1 but might be tempted into the odd race if a decent grid  Undecided

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 11:26:14 PM +0100 »

Not really my cup of tea as they are so slow  sleep1 but might be tempted into the odd race if a decent grid  Undecided

You should try a grid of 20 at the new Luccaring. Its the most fun I have had for a long time. Then tried them at Oulton Park and they were equally as fun. Maybe slow (not that slow) but I certainly spun a few times as they are tricky little things. A close pack will be great fun.

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:48:57 AM +0100 »

The most fun I have sim racing at the moment are the little NSU cars in RRE, they are not fast but provide some very close racing.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 05:09:09 AM +0100 »

These would be great,  imo they would probably be more fun than the Gts with a decent grid size!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 01:17:48 AM +0100 »

The new tt cups are pretty close, prefer the vln over the cup.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com