The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:08:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A3B Monza: May 31, 2017
May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 2000-present) - UKAC Season 3 Blancpain
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Gavino Pintus
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 1 1:46.809
---
1 54:45.991
---
30 1:47.315
---
Pirelli  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 2 +0.755
---
2 +16.761
---
30 1:48.350
---
Pirelli  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 5 +1.460
---
3 +37.175
---
30 1:48.759
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 3 +1.166
---
4 +39.253
---
30 1:48.701
---
Pirelli  
Baikal

BMW Z4M GT3 7 +1.930
---
5 +45.432
---
30 1:48.993
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 4 +1.375
---
6 +47.645
---
30 1:48.386
---
Pirelli  
nfsw55

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 6 +1.619
---
7 +1:04.018
---
30 1:48.703
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 9 +2.371
---
8 +1:18.438
---
30 1:49.804
---
Pirelli  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 19 +1:29.681
---
9 +1:19.057
---
30 1:48.577
---
Pirelli  
Felix Simoes

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 8 +2.204
---
10 +1:38.990
---
30 1:49.250
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 13 +3.626
---
11 +1:41.982
---
30 1:49.832
---
Pirelli  
Sutol

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 11 +3.337
---
12 +1L
---
29 1:50.476
---
Pirelli  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 17 +4.636
---
13 +13.780
---
29 1:50.971
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 12 +3.482
---
14 +14.877
---
29 1:50.425
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 15 +3.752
---
15 +1:18.376
---
29 1:51.055
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 14 +3.663
---
16 +1:18.989
---
29 1:50.984
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 16 +3.989
---
17 +1:31.952
---
29 1:51.325
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 18 +6.706
---
18 +3L
---
27 1:54.008
---
Michelin  
Pag96

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 10 +2.448
---
19 +27L
---
3 1:50.145
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Tim Schneider

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
---
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 10s

Massimo moves right at the start, and bounces off another car into the path of Bob forcing him into the barriers. Racing incident, but Massimo could have been more carefull about avoiding other cars, and spoiled the race of others. Please take extra care during starts with a tight grid.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:46.809
---
Gavino Pintus
Qualifying
Lamborghini Huracan GT3May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100
A3B
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:47.315
---
Gavino Pintus
Race
Lamborghini Huracan GT3May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100
A3B
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 3 Blancpain - Monza - May 31  (Read 10178 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:35 PM +0100 »

I'm going to have to ask to change to the 911 as i am racing it elsewhere and i (obviously) cant chop and change between the cars.. so if its possible can i change to the 911, and if not its no problem, but i will have to sit the rest of the race out.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 10:07:22 PM +0100 »

Hey ... a go  Tongue

well thanks... last week.

I can understand your frustration, especially as this is you series and you were looking forward to it  Undecided.

Start at Monza is always very tricky, heading into turn 1. Had a better start than the nr2 so we were pretty much side by side heading into the braking zone, but I didn't want to risk it, but I had to watch out for people behind benefiting from it.

Had to fend off the fast Porka of Nfsw. That thing has such traction and grunt. The Fezza was easy to hold behind, eventhough it was able to keep up in the draft.

Halfway through the race, my tyres were less than half on wear, so I thought, wouldn't it be an epic troll for Manteos to say whole race on softs is best option, just to see us all DNF you to flat tyres  Grin.
Decided to stick with just 1L, also because I was curious to see what happens when the wear bar runs out.

Maikel pitted later and came out right behind me. I did that last game, but worn and cold tyres were a nightmare, so I decided to do the stop when tyres were somewhat still grippy.

Keeping that Nissan behind is a whole different animal, in this case Gozilla. Had multiple position swaps until I had a tankslapper on worn tyres. Maikel waited for me, probably thinking there was contact, but it was all me  Cheesy.

Didn't have a way of tell him to just go, so few laps later when he was right behind me, I decided to stay to the outside at Parabolica and not defend there. Tried to do a Hamilton at Spa tho, but couldn't make the move stick into turn 1 Smiley.

A mid engined car that oversteers is not my cup of tea, no confidence in the car at all at that point.

Grats again Gavino, also in case I miss it, grats on A1 Ring/PaulRicard/Spa/Budapest/Nurburgring and Barcelona  Grin.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2017, 10:11:59 PM +0100 »

Well a mixed race really. Stupidly tired as heavy day at work but dont like to miss a race but then everytime I tried to join the server it kept locking up. Finally got in with 10 mins of qualifying but only managed to get 14th on the grid. Made a great start and I've never seen such a clean polite procession through turn 1. I dont think there was a single incident. So lap 1 was going well until I made a stupid mistake and spun, dropping me to near the back of the pack Sad

What then followed for entire race was an awesome battle with Bob. At first it was messy on my part resulting in another spin (thanks for waiting Bob) but once I got my head out of Playstation mode and into sim mode, it was truely amazing. Soooo much fun, especially coming out of the first chicane where my McLaren would kill tge Nissan only to be left behind on the straight. Brilliant fun Bob Smiley

So finally ended up 16th which is aweful but the nights racing was mega Smiley

Michael Boylan

Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2017, 10:24:57 PM +0100 »

Hello guys,
good race for me.

In the qualy I made a mistake in the first attempt. Better in the second one, I reach 46.8, and fortunately Matteo doesn't combine its best sectors and don't gain the pole position.

The race was difficult. In the first part all was fine, but in the 16th lap I've lost two times the rear of the car, so I've decided to change the tyres.
Now for me starts a qualifying race. Good pace and any mistake. I gain the victory with Matteo second.
Massimo was not focused today and he makes too many mistakes unfortunately.

But the real winners are us. Any problem in the first lap and in the whole race. Great job.
See you in the next race

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2017, 10:32:07 PM +0100 »

Angry Angry Pale blue Lambo creamed me into the wall at race start, accidents happen,     many thanks for waiting. Tried to carry on regardless and had nearly the whole race again with Linus, he had a lot more pace than me out of the first chicane, think I was in a Nissan2CV. Great fun again, will put a bullseye on the back of that Lambo for next week's race  Grin Grin Grin
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2017, 10:51:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the race guys, first half was quite intense Cheesy Unfortunately I only had very limited practice this time which is probably the reason why I only finished the race in P7 at the end.

Qualified P6, had a very good start and already overtook two cars before turn 1 . Chris passed me again quite soon, but I was really happy with my pace as I was able to follow Jeffrey and Chris and kept Maikel behind me. After a few laps Chris and me went side by side into turn 1, touched a bit and I went slighlty off the road. Nothing too bad but I lost a position to Maikel.
Before the race I thought that the best strategy would be to change tires and refuel the car at half distance, but in the race I noticed that most of the guys around me just did a short splash&dash (should have read the forum more carefully as I just saw that Matteo even pointed that out here Grin) My left tires started to go yellow at around lap 14, was that also the case for anybody else? Huh

After my pitstop I was in P9, overtook fmg when he made his stop and gained another place in the last lap, not sure what happened there.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2017, 11:03:29 PM +0100 »

Happy to finish 3rd here tonight.

Lost a few positions right at the start again but made it through T1 fairly cleanly ( little bump with Chris because the Nissan's too broad for these tiny corners   Cool ).
Was settling behind nfsw, Chris and Jeffrey since they were having a slightly better pace. But the more the tyres started to wear out, the better the Nissan started to become  Grin
Saw Nfsw and Chris struggling with their tyres so I guessed that they were pitting for new ones, so I decided to stay out and go for a full race on the Softs. I pitted around lap 25 or so only to come out just behind Jeffrey.
Was gaining on him bit by bit and we had a few battles ( thought I hit him at one time so I let him pass again, it was a sloppy attempt anyway  Tongue ) and then I made an incredible pass at Parabolica just flying past......   Roll Eyes

Tyres wear down to 94% for me at the end. It was actually quite easy to manage around in those worn out tyres in the Nissan since it doesn't even has that much grip to begin with  Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:26 PM +0100 »

It so hard , fun and lucky race for me.
Started in 7 pos i lose 2 positions to Felix and Matteo. Old crazy dog Z4 not starting good , buy today start was good but these 2 guys in Ferra  and Porsche has very cool start ! ))) Thanks to all guys  for 1st turn- it was like example for learning how to drive here. Smiley
Approacing to Askari in 1st lap i was return a 1 pos from Matteo. It was a lucky . No. LUCKY!!! maneur because i hit a grass by rear right wheel aaannd save the car do not know how! Here is great thanks to Mateo for patience  Smiley
From the 2nd lap i reach Felix and our battle was begun! 2 laps we  exchange our positions in hard but correct battle . FMG was enjoined and wayting for our mistakes  Grin Than approaching to Ascari my overtake was not planned here,  so i brakes behind Felix in my correct braking point  buuuut I see that approach speed to Felix too high! To save the situation ( see vid under post) i cut the left apex and pass Felix. I know it was illegal but. I save both IMO. So, i am not return the pos and Felix said that was ok ) Thanks for the battle mate!
So i return my start pos 7 Grin
Every lap i manage the brake bias to save myself in parabolica ))) Each lap i move from 67 to 65  4 ckicks!
Done 1l pit ok in soft and continue race lonely. In 26 lap i see Massimo approaching me from behind Shocked. Next battle will rages on!  Shocked
Where you coming from , Massimo? I am not see you in my live race pos table!  Grin
In 29 lap he was attacking me in ascari approach and pass but i have slipstream on exit and tryed to return. Unfortunatelly in parabolica we has contact.. I breaks fron left side, save free room for Massimo but i begun to some drift in dead tyres and ... I was recover but Massino is not. So sorry mate for accedent. If you see my bad- you can report accident . Smiley So i finished 5th pos ( got an advantage of 1 L pitstop in softs not changed, imo)
It was so fun race ! Congrats podiun and all guys! Gavino, your pace was incredible!  See you all later in tracks!

Race onboard in cockpit: Laps 1-4 and 28-29 is a thing  Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQnsEwTJ4U

PS. Lapped guys was amazing ! Thanks all of them especialy  Bob and Michael!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:20:38 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:56 AM +0100 »

Halfway through the race, my tyres were less than half on wear, so I thought, wouldn't it be an epic troll for Manteos to say whole race on softs is best option, just to see us all DNF you to flat tyres  Grin.
Lol... I even said that it was an hazard... you know, just in case Cheesy

However I've been faithful to what I said in the end.
After a good start I braked maybe too early at the first chicane, so Jeffrey was trying to chisel me out of my 2nd place on the outside, but I closed the door a bit brutally on the change of direction so we had a light contact without consequences for us
I would have modified my strategy only in case of a too prolonged battle during the first laps, but fortunately this time was up to Jeffrey to defend himself by Chris, Maikel and nfsw, and in this way it was quite easy to put a gap between me and Jeff during the first laps hammering on the 48.5 without offering my precious slipstream  Grin

From the half race on the only thrill  was noting that that flying basxxxd right bigfoot of Gavino (I know he wont't regret for this word, he's like a brother for me  wub) had changed the tyres during his pit just to add some spice to his race... or more proably just to contradict my pit strategy Cheesy
I delated my pit stop as more as I can, keep pushing hard and waiting all the other drivers up to Maikel to do their pit before me. My pit was quite perfect cause I gained some 9 seconds only with the strategy, but in the end that slow chicken of Gavino confessed me that he forgot to halve the tank of his car, so the two strategies were really close.

Obviously Jeff, you and the others who battled for a long time weared the tyres before me and Gavino, but the result in the end turned good for you and Maikel followng my strategy, so you can't complain  Cheesy

Respect for the lapped drivers and for the clean start as I could see from the video posted by Alexey. In public lobby I never race in Monza cause I've lost the hope to overcome the first chicane.
After watching this start I can say: Never lose the hope! Cheesy

See you chaps  Wink

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:11:58 AM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2017, 07:19:42 AM +0100 »

I still have the rpelay bug, does anybody have a proper replay?
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2017, 08:03:05 AM +0100 »

Race replay. But remember that i have ping 140 in 8000 km. Wink
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n53evrusx77pv3x/UKAC%20GT3%20R4%20AC_010617-043239_R_bmw_z4_gt3_monza_.rar?dl=0

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2017, 09:15:00 AM +0100 »

Thanks Alexey Smiley.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2017, 11:40:06 AM +0100 »

Turn off the autosave replay option in the settings, that seemed to fix mine ( though it uses the old fashioned way of saving every session )

I thought they fixed that with the recent update btw?
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2017, 11:59:02 AM +0100 »

It was fixed.

Maybe the issue they fixed wasnt actually the issue you have.. i suggest putting it on the official forum so they can look into it.

All i do at the end of a race is click "save replay"

Highlight the replay or replays i want to save then click save selected.

Then they appear in my replay list.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2017, 12:28:15 PM +0100 »

Got a bit stuck off the line, not really sure what happened in the first chicane, but had a good race, always finding Chris Thorpe seemingly, managed to get past and wasting thinking I could catch those infront, but on last lap found Felix getting nearer! sadly still too far off, but its unusual I enjoy Monza, and finish!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com