The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 03:48:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A3B Hungaroring: June 28, 2017
June 28, 2017, 08:41:26 PM +0100 - Hungaroring (2003-) - UKAC Season 3 Blancpain
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 2 +0.387
---
1 41:07.421
---
23 1:46.227
---
Michelin  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 5 +0.541
---
2 +6.693
---
23 1:46.067
---
Pirelli  
Felix Simoes

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 3 +0.426
---
3 +7.906
---
23 1:45.986
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 1 1:45.054
---
4 +8.134
---
23 1:45.753
---
Pirelli  
Gavino Pintus
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 4 +0.438
---
5 +9.131
---
23 1:45.984
---
Pirelli  
Baikal

BMW Z4M GT3 6 +1.349
---
6 +22.061
---
23 1:46.738
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 7 +1.498
---
7 +22.568
---
23 1:46.457
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 9 +2.248
---
8 +34.813
---
23 1:46.871
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 8 +2.070
---
9 +43.564
---
23 1:46.854
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 13 +5.164
---
10 +1:00.948
---
23 1:47.775
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 11 +3.256
---
11 +1:22.842
---
23 1:49.023
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 12 +4.565
---
12 +1:26.811
---
23 1:48.711
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 14 +5.505
---
13 +1L
---
22 1:48.715
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 10 +2.716
---
14 +2L
---
21 1:47.863
---
Pirelli  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 3 Blancpain - Round 8 - Hungaroring - Jun 28  (Read 7184 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 10:05:26 PM +0100 »

Wow what a race! Loved it, thumbup2 faith in humanity restored  Wink

First off, big thanks once again to all that attended   thumbup1

Qually was tough, tried softs but the rears cooked up before even half a flying lap, so reverted to meds and pumped in a 46 at the end to pip FMG into 6th?

Race was pretty awesome from flag to finish  Cool got a decent start and think I made up a place with Shark breathing down my neck. I knew it was essential to keep ahead in the early laps as I was on meds and he took softs (I think) but it was no easy task on cold mediums in the twisty corners. I held on until my tyres got upto heat then I was able to gradually pull away.
I had a long spell chasing the fast guys ahead and it was great to watch the top 5 duelling it out, kicking up dust and dicing. Smiley the nearest car behind was shark and then Alex but I had several seconds on them and felt confident of bagging a well needed 6th place.
But on lap 19 of 23 I got a big oversteer moment in the fast left right complex  Shocked I held it..just! But the resultant slow down and gather up cost me nearly 6 seconds and Alex was able to scamper past  :'(
I wasn't happy losing my 6th spot so I set about Alex hoping his softs would surrender under pressure. We had a superb fight for the last 3 laps and he had to really get defensive and put his elbows out to stop me getting by   I think if I forced it any further we would have had contact but it was great close combat.
He sneaked over the line just ahead so I finished 7th which felt poor reward  Tongue

Big congrats to Nfsw in the Porsche on the win  thumbup1 and to the podium.
Well done all. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:07:29 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 10:43:49 PM +0100 »

NFSW55 - you are a race star today ! Good win!  
But Bernie Ecclestone just called me and report that Gavino  Pintus is a champion of a series! Congratulation, Gavino! You are one of the fastest sim pilots i saw before! Continue this way!  Smiley Congrats Maikel and Felix too!  Smiley
About my race: was not ready at all and my task was is just to stay on track )))
Q6 and lost 2-3 position on start due start not tested and setuped.
Next race laps i returns my pos. from Stefan's and Simon's mistakes.
In 19 lap Mark was mistaken too and i returns to pos6 which was mine on rase start. To the end soft was dead and Mark was a great advantage on his mediums , we had a nervous time on the end laps. But i was stone cold  Grin and some lucky with car handling and save my pos. Thanks all guys for race! But this track mode need's to be tweaked with surface mesh.. Very poor FFB is not brings a fun to drive at all here. Sorry for my english  Smiley
Full onboard. ( Mark asked me)
Things are : the first laps and 2-3 laps on the end ( Mark pressing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50Dkxy-mDE

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:52:24 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 11:02:44 PM +0100 »

That was really an hard work guys  Cheesy
My first pole position in this champ didn't help me a lot, but I was quite surprised about my laptime without even turning a lap before the qualy.
Unfortunately at my side there was nfsw with his Porsche, that surely got more traction than Lambo at the start, and I was quite sure I would have lost the lead at the first corner... I was right eventually  Roll Eyes

I was thinking..."It's ok.. The race is long, and you are on soft Matteo, let it get hotter and then try to overt".... ehm... my car had just spun in the twisted section of the track, but luckily I managed to lose only 4 places. It could have been really worse, I thought. Finally I was able to focus on my driving and lap after lap I regained a couple of position after some good battles with Maikel. I was not so comfortable behind Felix cause he was lagging a bit from time to time, and we had a 'contact'  Huh (even if his car was far away from mine by what I could see). That let Maikel exploit my indecision after this episode to pass me again. In a couple of laps I was able to take back my position with an hard brake at the hairpin of the penultimate corner, and my chase on Felix and nsfw started again. Lap after lap I was noticing that I couldn't really find a place to pass Felix if he didn't do something wrong, because my rear left was 'cooking' lap after lap and I had no traction when accelerating at the last corner.
At lap 17th or so, I started a drift race. Rear tyres were totally worned and I started to do some mistakes. Firstly Gavino passed me, and than I tried to resist on Maikel's attacks for about three laps. We had a nice moment and a really hard and fair battle overtaking each other few times. I was struggling a lot to push on throttle and with no more rubber to exploit I lost the position at the pnultimate lap and had to gave up my chase. But I was quite happy at the same time, cause that was a really good race  Cool

Grats to nfsw and thanks to the top five for some great action during the race  punk

Well done folks Wink
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:12:49 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2017, 12:11:08 AM +0100 »

That was definitely a tough race Shocked

During qualifying I decided to give the soft tires another try and surprisingly they lasted for one timed lap on this circuit. Nevertheless I was just 1 tenth faster compared to my times on medium tires Roll Eyes Qualified second in the end which was nice.
Due to the good traction of my Porsche I was able to take the race lead right after the first corner. Matteo and Felix were both on soft tires , so I got myself ready for some rapid pressure from behind.
After half a lap I saw that Matteo spun, but it didn't take long until Maikel slowly caught up. At some point we had a slight collision, but I was luckily able to keep my car on the road. Maikel lost one or two places so I then had Felix behind me.
Due to the constant pressure from behind my laptimes were about half a second slower, the gap to Felix was always just under a second, but on the other side he wasn't able to get close enough to set any attack (fortunately I was able to create a little gap at the start/finish straight every lap which helped me through the narrow parts of the track). Towards the end of the race Gavino also catched up and even overtook Felix on the penultimate lap. He was then the fourth driver behind me which I tried to fend off Grin With only one lap to go I drove really defensive and in the end I was truly able to win this race
Literally decades since I won my last race here Grin
Thanks for the fair racing and thumbs up to all who attended this race.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2017, 10:10:52 AM +0100 »

Smiley Couldn't come to terms with track, had a lonely second half of race, just pleased to finish. Well done podium. thumbup1
APEXTECHUSA

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 10:30:42 AM +0100 »

Lol silly me I did'nt read that part about no pit required!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 10:37:36 AM +0100 »

I thought you must have done a pitstop APEX when I kept seeing you set personal fastest laps deep in to the race. Thought you'd crashed or got bored and pitted to see how fast you could go Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2017, 12:56:24 PM +0100 »

APEX I did hear from the front guys that you fought them or made a dodgy overtake risking the front runners race. Please take note of blue flags when being lapped and let them by when safe to do so at minimal lost time to yourself  angel

To Baikal have you got the replay from an external camera rather than just onboard? Would be fun to watch  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2017, 02:40:18 PM +0100 »

Mark, you always have replay files too ) . In docs\ac\ replay\Temp folder. AC is saving it by default in every session and override it in next time you play the game. Check this . If no - i will upload race replay )
I am not making edited art- style youtube vids for a long time ( or may be just for accidents investrigations). Usually i uploading my onboards just for documentary  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:15:37 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:33 PM +0100 »

Nice to see the top 5 pretty close in laptimes here.  Cool

Qualli wasnt going to well as the softs would overheat to quickly and I didn't feel very good about my setup. Started 5th and got away quickly, got past Felix and settled down behind Gavino. Bit of a moment for Matteo halfway the first lap and I was 2nd behind nfsw all of a sudden with Felix nipping at my heels on the softs. Managed to close the gap but then so did Felix, who had a few warping into the sunset moments on my screen. Had a little bump in with nfsw but luckily nobody spun out, but just around that time Felix his car warped away and I had noway to know were he was. He suddenly got back on my screen and I had abit of damage, but hey, the fight went on from that point.  Grin
All of the top 5 were keeping a gap of a second or less mostly. Had a few fights and went from 5th to 4th at one time. Had a bit of a scare when Apex rejoined the track in the fast right hander right between Gavino and me all of a sudden. This caused Matteo to get alongside and we got into a good battle, but unfortunafely we lost sight of the pack. Managed to get back into 4th when Matteo's tyres were probably trying to cook an omelet. Then into the last few corners of the race I saw Gavino rejoining and Felix slowing down to let him by again and before I knew it ended up 2nd.  Shocked

Still a crazy and enjoyable race around here.  Grin

Any typos are on courtesy of Samsung
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2017, 05:35:29 PM +0100 »

Nice to see plenty of drivers taking the time to write up a quick race report  thumbup1 always appreciated, makes a good read and adds a good vibe to the series  Smiley

Nurburgring GP up next !  Cool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2017, 07:01:39 PM +0100 »

Nurburgring GP up next !  Cool
Get the race announcement up so I know race time / weather etc. and I'll get a practice server up Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2017, 07:16:07 PM +0100 »

I've just got home from work give me a minute ! Impatient lot laugh

I also need to link a pic from another host site as photo buckets gone t*ts up  Roll Eyes

Edit: Pete, if you want a head start it's the Nurb GP - gt layout, 3pm race start, mid clear weather. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:21:13 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2017, 08:36:52 PM +0100 »

Fantastic race yesterday!

Was very funny and as usual the fairness was incredible.
When you fight for 20 laps an error can happen, so Felix don't worry for the bump.

Good 5th place, and the destiny is strange. In my worst race, I've won the championship.
Congrats to all the drivers!

See you in Germany!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2017, 10:06:31 PM +0100 »

Congratulations on winning the series Gavino, you earned it with your amazing pace throughout  I Am Not Worthy thumbup1

Still all to fight for in 2nd and 3rd  Smiley and quite a few places to be fought over in the table.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com