The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 12:21:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche RSR 3.0 Championship  (Read 8579 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 04:02:14 PM +0100 »

I don't mind one or two races fwiw  Smiley mid pack warriors won't notice the difference with a reverse grid  Grin

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 04:09:24 PM +0100 »

I don't mind one or two races fwiw  Smiley mid pack warriors won't notice the difference with a reverse grid  Grin
Same here ) And to all the rest I'm used to races 1,5-2 hours and 30 minutes seems to me not enough to be satisfied completely  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:14:08 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 04:15:50 PM +0100 »

Jeffrey- please test the damage percents in options and take a wise decision and public it . I would prefer 10 percents or less ( joke)  Grin
Damage will be standard 70%. That way it will be somewhat forgiving, but not too, so people need to be cautious and wait another lap for that move instead of a do or die.

Jeffrey - please tell the posible tracks conditions and track grip (IMHO 100)

The conditions Chris said. I don't want to make this series more complicated than necessary, as it's a short series to overcome the summer weeks. As long as the tyres don't overheat at 26 degrees, it will be 100% grip and 26 degrees C. In possible future series, I'm tempted to change those settings and use more realistic numbers, but not for this one.

PS. May be a second race with grid reversed? Now AC is supporting it by server option. Cool
We have next wed for test it   Smiley

Using reversed grid crossed my mind, but I opted not to, for multiple reasons. I didn't want to give Pete more workload as it is. I'm still getting into grips with server settings etcetera. If I can do everything myself, then I might do it in the future, but only if I think it adds something. Besided that, I don't expect full grids for this series, which can result in people being seconds off pace getting pole position for race 2. That's a recipe for an incident filled race and the pole man will be just a mobile chicane/nuisance and not have a chance for the win. And that, IMO, takes away the reason for thinking of reversed grids, giving somebody else a proper chance for a win.
In simracing the pace difference is a lot bigger than in real life, so it doesn't work as well as it does there.

PPS. Pete, please 18 hz ( you know)  Smiley

I have no idea what this does, if others can tell me if this is fine to do?

Very last PS. This champ need a PR in Kunos site and others. This car is waiting for lovers! Please PR this to brings more fanats of true hardcore!  I don't want to be the last of 10... Smiley

Now that the GT3 is over, I can use the thread at the assetto corsa forum to promote the RSR series, but I'm gonna wait till 1 week in advance, or people will just forget  Cheesy.

2 x 20 with reverse grid the 2nd race? Not sure if it would fit the tracks to have such a shorter race. But the DTM series @ Core had it for some races and it worked really well. Shuffles up the field abit.

CORE had bigger grids and a bit more equal field, pace wise. The qualification will shuffle the grid up a bit, but not too much that it will be a cluster.

2 short races is a recipe for desperate racing and the second race invariably annoys the slower drivers as the better drivers are amazingly good at "not expecting you to brake there!"

Exactly this, give this man a cookie  yes .

Hehe ))) Ok Ok guys Smiley I just dreamed about more challenge spirit  Roll Eyes

More challenge? Green track and 10 degrees sound good Wink?

Same here ) And to all the rest I'm used to races 1,5-2 hours and 30 minutes seems to me not enough to be satisfied completely  Cheesy

Do you race the full 1,5-2 hours, or do you wake up at the 1 hour mark and drive the last part? In that case, this won't feel any different  Grin

EDIT: Incident reports need to be filed before the first Saturday after the race as I will be reviewing them on Saturday. Unless I'm involved myself (then I'm automatically innocent).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:17:29 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 04:26:28 PM +0100 »

Give us back our Legzy's tokens  Grin Grin Grin

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6860.0

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 04:34:05 PM +0100 »

"Do you race the full 1,5-2 hours, or do you wake up at the 1 hour mark and drive the last part? In that case, this won't feel any different"
Races when i drived 1,5-2 hours was so challenged and sometimes it was battles from beginning to very last laps. Russian guys is so purposeful!  Wink

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 12:00:40 PM +0100 »

After a long time i come back guys  Wink

i will take part from Vallelunga until the end

pur che voi mostriate
segno alcun di pietate,
vertù contra furore
prenderà l’arme, et fia ’l combatter corto:
ché l’antiquo valore
ne l’italici cor’ non è anchor morto.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2017, 02:26:31 PM +0100 »

After a long time i come back guys  Wink

i will take part from Vallelunga until the end

Welcome back,  can you pm me your steam GUID and in-game name and your skin choice, either stock or custom.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2017, 07:49:55 PM +0100 »

For me livery n°11 stock please.

Thank you:)

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
frex

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 01:00:42 PM +0100 »

Stock skin #25 for me please.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2017, 05:06:04 PM +0100 »

count me in, I should be available for most of the races, not fussed which skin I have
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2017, 01:38:42 PM +0100 »

Can everybody who hasn't got a skin please tell me which one they want, or else you'll be assigned to any stock skin. I want to upload a skinpack and once that is done, I will not keep reuploading the skinpack for every new skin people send.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2017, 01:48:30 PM +0100 »

Kremer Vaillant skin for me (turquoise green).  Cool

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2017, 02:22:13 PM +0100 »

Kremer Vaillant skin for me (turquoise green).  Cool

Uhm, which one is that  Tongue? I see a Kremer skin, but that's blue.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2017, 04:30:26 PM +0100 »

I'm at work so can't check the skin name but it's this car https://goo.gl/images/vP8bs1

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2017, 04:46:35 PM +0100 »

That's nothing like the default Kremer skin in game. Is it a downloadable one? One from your skin pack? Did you ever post a link to your fabled skin pack?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com