by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:24:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL TC-65 Fun Race: April 14, 2006
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL TC-65 Fun Race - 14th April  (Read 5234 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2006, 08:56:07 AM +0100 »

TC-65 Fun Race

Free car choice within the TC-65 class.

ALL SimRacing.org.uk members welcome.

Date: Friday 14th April

Practice: 8:15pm (30 mins)
Qual: 8:45pm (30 mins)
Race: 9:15pm (19 laps)

Track: Anderstorp GP
Race Time Of Day Setting: 14:00

Server: SimRacing.org.uk(UKGTL)

The start procedure will be ROLLING START as per UKGTL Season 0-B and 0-C.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:12:12 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:05 PM +0100 »

Great! Should be able to make this one Smiley

Mini's ahoy!  euro

Legends Racing simracing team
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:16 PM +0100 »

Ooo, fancy a bit of mini action Smiley

We'll be mugged going down that long straight though! Failing that I might take a muscle bus!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:06:04 PM +0100 »

When my Shelby Daytona Coupe hub caps are missing, I'll know who to look for PeeWee punk! Tongue Tongue Tongue

laugh Grin Cheesy

angel

tank

T
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 12:48:47 PM +0100 »

Make that some three way mini action. Look forward to some ace mini slipstreaming, followed by some crashing on bloody T2 stupid.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 12:51:34 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:01:07 PM +0100 »

Cortina time.  Afro

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 01:37:53 PM +0100 »

Cortina time.  Afro

Is there a dance to go with that?  laugh

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 10:00:48 PM +0100 »

Cortina time.  Afro

"You can't clutch this"
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:15:46 AM +0100 »

Cortina time.  Afro

"You can't clutch this"

Brilliant Jam, absolutely brilliant! clap

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 07:51:25 PM +0100 »

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 07:55:34 PM +0100 »

This, my friends, is STYLE;

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 10:11:49 PM +0100 »

That was a close race at the front. Qualified on pole a whisker ahead of Ruskus.

Unfortunately I knew he would just blow past me on the first lap down the main straight and surely enough he did. Took me a few laps to get up to full speed and then every lap Ruskus would power away down the straights of the first half of the lap and I would catch up through the twisties of the second half of the lap especially in the final hairpin.

Ruskus was driving the Falcon quite sideways and that punishment hurt his tyres unlike my smooth driving Alfa. In the last few laps I was able to go faster than Ruskus but the only passing opportunity was round the last 2 bends. Unfortunately for me Ruskus was driving sideways through the 2nd last bend and physically leaving no room to get past and then he could just park his metal barge anywhere into the final hairpin and there was no way to get past the road block.

Was good fun, but I felt right from the off it was going to be futile trying to get past. With 2 equally paced car/driver combinations the Falcon was unbeatable at that track. Finished 0.6 behind Ruskus at the end and there really was nothing between us at the end. Congratulations Ruskus, well played.

First time I've done a full race with my new DFP. Have to say I love it. So smooth, luvely force feedback and the extra lock is really useful. The pedals too are nicer than the Momos, like the extra resistance at the end of the brake pedal. Everything is just smoother and more accurate with it.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 10:15:27 PM +0100 »

Annoyed.

I'm beginning to think there's little point taking the Mini in these TC-65 races, it's all too easy for the bigger cars to take the inside line too fast into a corner and then use me as a brake censored That's twice in a row I've been punted like that, you don't stand a chance in contact against a much heavier car Angry

Anyhoo, drove well in qually only to get pipped by SBG by 0.002sec Grrrr Smiley

Had a great battle with Tyf for 10 laps, him out-powering me down the straights and me grabbing it all back through the twisty bits, got my nose in front a few times but couldn't make it stick.

Great driving Tyf, a pleasure doing battle with you  Smiley That was sooooo close going round the last corner too!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 10:27:36 PM +0100 »

Good fun.

Again somebody took pole right before my eyes. But like Shark said, I knew that long straight was there very soon, so no point trying to push for 1st, instead of 2nd.
The first 10 laps I had no problem with the tyres, I could do high 52'ers,  if needed a bit faster. Eventhoug i didn't really go sideways that much, the tyres were gone after 10 laps, losing 2 secs a lap.
In the first section I was faster than the Alfa, with the airstrip, and the two 90 degree corners. But those looooooooong banked corners are awefull in an American Muscle.
So I had to defend my line after parabolique. Problem was, that I was way off the racing line at that point, so I had to slow down to be able to make that corner, didn't even had a choice Smiley.
Good to see another happy DFP customer, same hardware here.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 10:44:22 PM +0100 »

Again a really enjoyable race for me with u lot Cheesy. Been driving the Mustang (Ze REAL men car Wink) lately when I pick up GTL and did so tonight as well.
Practice I was pwetty slow, but some changes to the setup (or just the track changing?) made me a lot quicker in qualifying, which was nice.
Race was ace! Some nice battles with Cooper, who spun off in the last hairpin trying to overtake me on the inside. (Don't think I touched u m8, if so soz Smiley).
Then Popa thought he was gonna get past me... LOOOL! Think again buddy Tongue Tongue Tongue
My tank aka Ford Mustang wasn't letting go that easily! laugh
From middle of race Popa was rt behind me, less than a 2nd on start/finish. I knew I had Ze Powah though and flashed my lights everytime we hit the long straight telling him: I'll see ye later Wink Grin Seeing those likkle mini lights disappear in my rearviewmirror was making me laugh so hard I sometimes almost spun out into T2 Shocked Wink
Tyres were going in the end a bit, but managed a nice 9th place!
Nice racing Popa! Next time I'll let ur nose in front a couple of times more, just for ur morale's sake! Wink Grin angel

T
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com