by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:37:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL GTC-76 Night Race: April 21, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL GTC-TC-76 Night Race - 21st April  (Read 7652 times)
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 06:10:21 PM +0100 »

I'll turn up too, though I'm not gonna be getting any practice in beforehand.  Takes far too long to do a lap!  Kind of curious why we keep doing all these long tracks when there are much shorter ones conducive to better racing Huh especially as only 15-ish tend to turn up.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:00 PM +0100 »

I have disco's in GTR sometimes...

LMFAO!

eek cowboy drool scared walkman walkman walkman detective wub wub wub tt1 tt1 tt1

That had me in stitches... Prolly the sun and the wine today, haha!

punk

T
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 07:42:07 PM +0100 »

I'll turn up too, though I'm not gonna be getting any practice in beforehand.  Takes far too long to do a lap!  Kind of curious why we keep doing all these long tracks when there are much shorter ones conducive to better racing Huh especially as only 15-ish tend to turn up.

Spa was chosen for tonights race because as a night race special I've found Spa to be one of the best for testing the driver. It has VERY dark bits as well as street lamp lit bits. Many of the other tracks are too well illuminated, so as this is a special night race I felt it nice to have the contrast and challenge the driver.

Hope you've all got lots of spare front head lamps!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 08:39:34 PM +0100 »

Doesn't look like I will be there Sad for some reason my PC refuses to realise my Wingman FF wheel isn't my DFP and wont load the drivers for it Angry even if I've plugged in the DFP beforehand.  I've re-started several times and no luck, might have to look for new pedals sooner rather than later! Undecided

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 09:45:50 PM +0100 »

Hope you guys enjoyed that. I didn't Undecided, wrong car choice aided by some poor driving saw me drop out sooner than I had wished for.
Still it was looking like it might be a good race

Think I'm going to leave those 76 cars alone in future:-[
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 10:04:03 PM +0100 »

I'm with you Don, they are not my cup of tea. More minis please  Tongue.

Thanks for making it interesting Mo  Grin. All that showboating took me back 10 years. Sliding like it was 1999 again.

Night time looked great. But not interesting enough to hide the low turnout.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:08:33 PM +0100 »

Really enjoyed that- thanks for sorting a night race. It was really atmospheric to turn the last corner and see lines of headlights streaming through Eau Rouge in the distance. Great once it got to about 8 and the cockpit got pitch black too- just the motec light on and the road ahead Smiley

Fairly uneventful for me, got a 4th in qual and had some great tussles along the way to end 5th. My fps are still shocking in GTL and I've run out ofthings to try which is depressing. Before teh re-format I had 80+, now, with reduced quality settings and no AF I'm down below 20 at points. V frustrating and might well spoil future GTL races too  Angry

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 10:11:30 PM +0100 »

Came back from work at 22pm (GMT+1), saw that there was a fun race, so I went online and joined.
Just to see that there was only 3 minutes on the clock till race oops
No time to put a time in, so I started last/14th (last, that's a first  Wink).
In the warm-up lap and the first 2 laps, the FPS dropped to 14 at some points Embarrassed.

In the warm-up lap, I won 2 places because 2 guys infront spun the car Grin, and I'm not gonna what for that Tongue.
In the race I went from last, to first in 5 laps Cheesy. Then I had Shark behind me for some time, but in the twisty section I could hold him off, and on the straight, well, the Pantera does the work Smiley.
I just had to be carefull not to fall asleep with the night setting and being all alone for 5 or more laps. Roll Eyes
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 10:14:27 PM +0100 »

The night race was a little strain on the eyes but not unbearable and my frame rates were OK. Dunno what would've happened with more cars but tonight was good Grin A PB in qually and apart from 2 spins at eau rouge everything was dandy. I was surprised to be able to continue after 2nd crash at eau rouge, I went around the right hand bit flat out in 4th but the car just kept turning, so I hit the arm-co full on at a very fast speed but had no damage to the car Huh In fact I seemed to go quicker after that Huh Huh
Nice race overall, just managed to mug Loc on the last lap for 3rd Grin But then when I saw that Ruskus had won thought WTF!!! Dunno where he came from but Grats on the win Rusk Cool

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 10:16:09 PM +0100 »

Qualified 2nd behind Jon in my fastest yet time round Spa in any car 2:41.454.

Managed to get the tow behind Jon on the big straight and took the lead on the first flying lap. Next lap Jon lost it in Eau Rouge in big style and that left me all alone. Quite a few laps later and I changed down too many gears at the end of the long straight causing my back end to fly out and me lose it in the braking. This left Ruskus right on my tail after his early charge through the field and me with only 1 working light  helpsmilie. I could barely see him though as it looked in my mirrors like he didn't have any lights on (is that another minor online glitch? everyone else I could see lights on though), he was stalking me like a dark assasin  ninja. Wasn't long before he passed me easily on power down the start finish straight. Stayed with him for a few laps where I could then see his lights after a few corners, he was flying away on the straights and i was catching in the corners and braking. My eyes were on stalks though  eek with only one light working and it was getting darker and darker. Eventually on the last lap I lost it in a similar vein to Jon through Eau Rouge and took out the other light (at least it didn't kill the car - poor damage modelling!!). Driving with no lights for the last lap in pitch black was horrendous. You can't even see the corner yard markers. Was hellish, but managed to keep it together with some slower driving to come in 2nd.

Congrats Ruskus. Another fine win. Love that Pantera, must try and see if I can get a good setup together for the beast.

Oh and FPS were very smooth on mine at night, pretty high detail and it never once dropped badly. Then again i only had lots of cars in the mirror not in front.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:18:07 PM +0100 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 10:28:07 PM +0100 »

Still very tired from not having slept properly for a week but decided to take the Capri out at a sensible pace and see what places I could make up by attrition.

Made a bit of a meal of the start, being too far behind the pack down the hill. At least I had a bit of space to play with.

Most of the race seemed to consist of JonM getting onto the back of me in his 906, spinning and then repeating. Maybe it only happened once... seemed more frequent! Then more 906s getting by when my tyre temperatures started to climb and I had a minor off at Stavelot.

Finished the race with both headlights still working and without having spun, despite a massive coughing fit with 3 or 4 to go, so pretty pleased really, especially as I did less than 15 minutes of practice yesterday and none today.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:24 PM +0100 »

Oh yeah, how the **** did I manage to (temporarily) get fastest race lap somewhere around lap 3 or 4?! Were you lot sightseeing or something? laugh

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 10:33:21 PM +0100 »

Oh and FPS were very smooth on mine at night, pretty high detail and it never once dropped badly. Then again i only had lots of cars in the mirror not in front.

FPS were okay once the race was underway but quite bad on the warmup lap, especially at the Bus Stop, down to 20 or 25. Shocked

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 10:36:22 PM +0100 »

especially as I did less than 15 minutes of practice yesterday and none today.

I did about 30 to 60 minutes of practice, using netKar Pro at completely different circuits with completely different cars.  Tongue
(Usual GTL race for me, turn up having done no practice and go, go, go!)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 11:53:51 PM +0100 »

I had my lights off in the first few minutes, so it should not be a bug. Reason for this was because I didn't find it very dark, en there were casr infront so I could see clearly laugh.
All the cars I overtook were by error, and not me. Gonna make a video of that, just because I like making them now Cheesy.

Starting at the back was fun, but I didn't think I would come close to winning. At the rolling start I couldn't even see the number 1.
I saw that JonM did a time of 2:41.xxx, luckily he didn't drive that the whole race, or else it will be 1st at the start, and 1st at the finish for JonM.

I might start more often at the back. It was fun blasting through the (small) field.
Before the race I had to put some more fuel in then in qually. But I stopped at 100l of fuel. That's like driving with you mother in law in the passenger seat wheelchair. That amount of fuel was enough for 20 laps. Might look like way too much, but with my driving style, my car normally uses 2 laps more of fuel, just by drifiting and powersliding taz

Edit: My replay wasn't saved well, so I need somebody else's Kiss
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:01:40 AM +0100 by Ruskus » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com