The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 07:31:51 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3 Zolder: July 16, 2017
July 16, 2017, 09:19:35 PM +0100 - Zolder (2009-) - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 2 +0.304
---
1 40:53.970
---
26 0 1:31.733
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford GT GT3 3 +0.508
---
2 +14.064
---
26 0 1:31.815
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-R GT3 1 1:31.494
---
3 +5L
---
21 0 1:32.194
---
unknown
Michelin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 - Zolder - Jul 16  (Read 3435 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:32 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: Any car from GTR3 class
Track: Zolder
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:32:12 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:32:33 AM +0100 »

Congrats on your successful posting Steve thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:48:05 AM +0100 »

Lol this is the easy bit. Good luck with LM2 Wink

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 12:29:45 PM +0100 »

It is time to fork out some dosh for your racing here folk's.

All donations help us survive and to continue to provide the sim-racing you enjoy.

Please give whatever you can to help us.

Thanks for reading.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:08:28 PM +0100 »

Hello fellow racers,

The countdown to the GT3 summer series first event is on, 5 days to go.

40 min sprint race, no pitstops required.

I am still deciding whether to stick with my usual maclaren or maybe switch to the BMW M6
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:19:53 PM +0100 »

We do have defined sprint and enduro championships? Will probably take different cars if so.

BMW is different car for sure. Need to try out the 650S again as I struggled around suzuka in it but enjoyed it around Bathurst. might give the Nissan a go. Definitely theres a group of cars people don't seem to drive much.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:20:52 PM +0100 »

@spanner, the summer series is 5 sprint rounds + an enduro at Silverstone for the final round. I may split the autumn series in to sprints and enduo's, not decided yet.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:28:55 PM +0100 »

Hi All,

The server is set to GT3's @ Zolder ready for practicing for tomorrow nights race Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:39 PM +0100 »

Leaderboard times so far after several laps in each for me.

650S 1:31:8
Corvette 1:31:8
Nissan 1:33:0

Corvette felt nice. 650S is difficult to drive tbh, trying to compensate for the understeer means its a bit twitchy. Never got on with the nissan; front end felt..slow to react and the rear lacking traction.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 08:10:44 PM +0100 »

turned on my race PC at 7:20pm, windows has decided to do a major update, still sitting at 26%  Angry

at this rate it will be touch and go if it has finished in time to do the race. can anyone give me a rough idea of how much fuel will be needed?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 08:16:57 AM +0100 »

That's bad luck SRW Sad

I started with 80 L but that was WAY too much. Better race for me than expected but 2 silly mistakes at the 2nd chicane ensured Dieter didn't have to find a way passed Sad Mind you I think Spanner and Dieter had a moment in the same chicane early on which was how I got in to contention for the win in the first place.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:52:25 AM +0100 »

Results done. I was driving from west of Scotland to Newcastle so missed it.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 07:41:16 PM +0100 »

Hmm sorry about that Dieter. I didnt think i braked late, I think i got caught up following you too much. Then the next lap i fell off again losing more time, so must have been tyres.

As much as i used to enjoy driving the GT3's i now seemed to find i struggle with most of the cars! I originally picked the maclaren at the start of the session but didnt feel as good as it did in the leaderboard runs. It must be just the tyre modelling.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:40 PM +0100 »

Hmm sorry about that Dieter. I didnt think i braked late, I think i got caught up following you too much. Then the next lap i fell off again losing more time, so must have been tyres.

No probs. Love the first 3 fast corners at Zolder, but the rest of the track is a bit pants - all slow chicanes just waiting for an accident to happen..

Set off after Pete, which was a good chase, tyres going towards the end. Probably cut the first chicane (not by choice, just lack of practice) way more times than is acceptable, so quite happy to forfeit the win to Pete anyway. Cya next time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com