Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:56:24 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S31 Spa: July 30, 2017
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 31 Fun - 55 - Spa67 - Jul 30  (Read 1942 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 05:53:53 PM +0100 »

slipstream.
I'm not sure and Pelle was with the Ferrari not a Mercedes SL.

Slipstream, gearing, tire pressures and sometimes a poorly calibrated or faulty throttle pedal can all affect top speed.
I could hit 163mph out of tow and well over 170 when in a tow..
You may have simply had your gears too long or short to generate the power where you needed it Smiley

My race was great fun at first, 3 laps of solid battling with Pelle and Axel. Pelle was the first to fall off when he was slightly too cautious behind Axel on those horrible right handers at the end of the lap.
Axel had a massive tank slapper through Eau Rouge on about the 4th lap allowing me to get into first again - then I missed my apex slightly and drifted off the track about 3 corners later, rejoining a few hundred meters behind Axel.

I felt I had the faster car and was looking forward to seeing if I could chase him back down before the end of the race - only he disco'd before the lap was out Sad

I just hotlapped from then on to see how fast I could go. This resulted in the odd accident as it always does at Spa.
I decided to do a stop and go anyway despite there being no need and must have wasted an extra 5 or 10 seconds slowing the last 10mph to a standstill!
Trying to come to a stop in a pitbox on a big hill is impossible in one of these things!  Grin

I'm certain there's a lot more time to come in the Masser as I can't say it handled very well in the race - Although I had dialed a lot of it out, I was still suffering badly from understeer which definitely made some of the fast sections a challenge.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 07:32:42 PM +0100 »

.............., so kudos to Clive for getting the car to the end.  I Am Not Worthy

Not that much kudos as I had a reset too!  So I was also heavy on fuel and deaf!  I planned to get back in front but that bloke with a chequered flag went and spoiled the fun!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:52 PM +0100 »

You may have simply had your gears too long or short to generate the power where you needed it Smiley
Could be ,is something not  well studied by me.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 11:04:27 PM +0100 »

Trying to come to a stop in a pitbox on a big hill is impossible in one of these things!  Grin

You need no brakes, only bravery and realistic blue smoke to stop these cars, provided the track supplies enough room to manoeuvre.  As an example, look towards the finish line at Spa - final finisher.

Freestyle stopping as demonstrated, would not come without it's risks. A pitstop missed stop on the racing line, might cause some worry.  Cars following usually prefer to create their own dangers.  And several at one time, could create a freestyle slalom at Spa.  While tracks using a separate pitlane are often narrow, making damage possible without good control. 

Full use of brakes, is the the safest way to pitstop.  Anything else becomes a necessary adventure.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com