The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 02:09:07 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3 Oschersleben: July 23, 2017
July 23, 2017, 09:20:51 PM +0100 - Oschersleben (GP) - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 3 +0.758
---
1 40:58.150
---
27 0 1:29.074
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford GT GT3 4 +1.284
---
2 +1.178
---
27 0 1:29.350
---
Michelin  
Truetom
 Legends Racing
Ford GT GT3 1 1:28.072
---
3 +10.282
---
27 0 1:28.867
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 2 +0.632
---
4 +37.018
---
27 0 1:29.143
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 5 +2.983
---
5 +1:02.534
---
27 0 1:30.867
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 6 +3.659
---
6 +1:16.033
---
27 0 1:31.041
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 - Oschersleben - Jul 23  (Read 1989 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:03 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: Any car from GTR3 class
Track: Oschersleben (GP)
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:29:06 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:36:01 PM +0100 »

Bought Oschers, hope I can join Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:37:04 AM +0100 »

Bought Oschers, hope I can join Smiley

should be a good race, we haven't used this circuit for some time.

The server has now been reset to GTR3's @ Oschersleben ready for practicing.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 12:30:30 PM +0100 »

That was hard work trying to be consistent for the whole race.

Tried a few cars out very briefly before hand and just never got on with them around here so decided to stick with a car I have some experience with and loaded a known setup from Lausitzring. The track is pretty horrible most corners seem to tighten up, car understeers on the exits so it felt like the slower you go the better times you get.

Not sure what happened at the first corner, looked like you both out braked yourselves but shame to see frex drop to the back. TT looked too quick but thankfully seemed to fall off a lot! I realised I needed to try not to push too hard, the tyres would be struggling wit the long corners but with Pete a sec behind me the whole race it was a struggle.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:04 PM +0100 »

enjoyed that race, good to see attendance up from last weeks race as well. As spanner says, you have to resist the temptation to gas it to early coming out of some of the corners to avoid understeering and compromising speed on the following straight.

I am using a modified G27 with the gear paddle shifts routed through a JC24 board, but the outputs from the JC24 seem to be playing up sometimes while using R3E (but not when I use Assetto Corsa). Has anyone else experienced this problem?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:58:57 AM +0100 »

I know AC prevents double shifts with a setting to ignore presses within so many milliseconds. Not sure R3E has that.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:19 PM +0100 »

Yea Spanner, outbraked meself and pulled Frex with me I guess. Sorry Frex, seems like I  censored your race. I had 3 oversteer moments, knew it will come to that in training but the car just didn't power slide without it. Well, just lack of training with this game in general, I guess. Was fun all the same. Grats all.  Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 05:11:48 PM +0100 »

Yea Spanner, outbraked meself and pulled Frex with me I guess. Sorry Frex, seems like I  censored your race.

No, not your fault at all. I never managed to find an adequate reference point for braking into T1, and (shamefully) also neglected to do a lap or two on full tanks. Hence, not really a surprise that I followed you out wide at T1. Had some good laps following Matt and Stephen, but was on my own for the rest of the race.

Thanks all, congrats podium.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 06:19:06 PM +0100 »

I was more than happy with a 2nd place, I was really struggling for any sort of consistent pace so to complete the race without a proper off was most rewarding. I never was quick enough to really worry Mark but his odd little mistake would allow me to stay close. TT was very respectful when he dropped behind me after his 1st off. He was starting to apply some serious pressure when sadly he had another off and left me to watch Spanner's rear end for the rest of the race.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 03:10:19 PM +0100 »

Was a bit strange, Picnic. I was faster into last turn, on your bumper the whole start/finish straight but couldn't really catch you, let alone get beside into turn 1. Probably had my rear wing too high,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com