The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 06:50:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3 Mid-Ohio: July 30, 2017
July 30, 2017, 09:21:09 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2 +1:24.981
---
1 41:07.304
---
28 0 1:25.303
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 1 +1:24.770
---
2 +24.987
---
28 0 1:25.493
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 4 +1:28.236
---
3 +1:24.673
---
28 0 1:28.555
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 3 +1:26.250
---
4 +1:24.956
---
28 0 1:26.367
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
---
5 +27L
---
1 0 2:17.541
---
unknown
Michelin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 - Mid-Ohio - Jul 30  (Read 2979 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:42 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: Any car from GTR3 class
Track: Mid Ohio (Full)
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:15:43 PM +0100 »

Lol, Had enough of mid ohio this week in iRacing. oh well! should be easier to drive without such high temps. Not sure what car to pick.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:15:03 AM +0100 »

The server is now switched to Mid Ohio ready for practicing for tomorrow nights GT3 Race. Don't forget there will be a one week mid season break after tomorrow nights race where we will be holding a special event 'GT3's at Le Mans using Assetto Corsa'.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 12:50:47 PM +0100 »

Are we supposed ot be sticking to one car? Are the points reduced if we change?

Tried a few cars out again. 650S, Z4, M6, Ruf On the server this time. All pretty consistent accept the M6 which is a bit of handlful yet went a few tenths quicker in it.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 02:56:42 PM +0100 »

My original intention was for racers to stick to one car, with the option of switching to another car for the rest of the season(penalty free)if they found they were not getting on with their original choice. So you can switch over to another car type for the rest of the season if you want to.

I hadn't envisaged anyone wanting to swap on a race by race basis, so hadn't specified a penalty for more than one swap. If people would prefer to do this we can open up a discussion, I am happy with either option  Smiley , I chose the current system to mirror real life.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 03:36:11 PM +0100 »

My original intention was for racers to stick to one car, with the option of switching to another car for the rest of the season(penalty free)if they found they were not getting on with their original choice. So you can switch over to another car type for the rest of the season if you want to.

I hadn't envisaged anyone wanting to swap on a race by race basis, so hadn't specified a penalty for more than one swap. If people would prefer to do this we can open up a discussion, I am happy with either option  Smiley , I chose the current system to mirror real life.

Most drivers here seem to stick to one or two cars for a season so shouldn't really be too much of an issue imo. I intentionally tried lots of cars last season and will probably do similar this time for those races I can make.....I'm not points chasing so doesn't concern me  Smiley

Hope to make this one btw but not sure what car I'll take.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 04:08:52 PM +0100 »

The definition of season kinda isnt clear sometimes, especially with alternating series on alternating weeks and seemingly dragging on forever! Plus events are on every week.

I see its quite a short series, ok i'll stick to the audi. P4/5 felt nice around here though, it certainly handles well.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 11:44:05 PM +0100 »

I can give you my setup SRW if you want? Most cars seem to work better if the rear is alot stiffer than normal with the dampers. They are really the only thing i end up changing. Will check tommorw but think it was FB: 5 FRB:12 RB: 12, RRB:8

Springs 1 up from lowest front and rear, increase rear camber to -2.5, I also reduce diff preload by 1. are my default changes. Also reduce front ARB by one.

Did a 25.7 with it in the end.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:58 AM +0100 »

@ Spanner, the setup would be good thanks. these days my race preparation usually consists of half an hour practice on default setup!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 11:10:17 AM +0100 »

Added to the Sector 3 forum

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/audi-gt3-setup.8802/

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 12:13:27 PM +0100 »

That was hard work.

Though with everyone seeming finding their feet I was thinking about not qualifying but then GT stuck a time up which came out of nowhere! So got caught up in trying to beat it. Surprised to be getting down to those times but still couldn't quite get that close to it.

Spent 30mins stuck behind Goldtops BMW, though felt comfortable so was just trying to put some pressure on as there is nowhere to pass round here. However with 10mins to go I managed to sneak ahead into the hairpin but then I was a bit stressed with no longer a car infront to pace against, and the tyres getting worse!

After GT dropped back over 20 secs I slowed down so I didn't catch SRW and Dieter who were racing each other.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 08:42:40 PM +0100 »

Was going to give the vette an outing but had trouble keeping on track during practice. Switched to the M6 as I don't think I've raced that before  and immediately felt more stable.

Had a good start but was not able to shake off Spanner who remained within 0.5 secs and showed a lot of patience behind me. I was having to push hard until my tyres went off and I started to lose grip eventually running wide at T1 and losing the lead. Tried to hang on but in doing so I spun out and limped home.

I'm not usually so bad with tyres in GT cars so I think the M6 probably makes up for its ease of driving with bad tyre deg.....or at least that's my excuse  Wink

In any case, grats on a well deserved win Spanner  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 09:09:13 PM +0100 »

Well the audi and the M6 seem to be the only cars now i can drive in GTR3 class. I think its something to do with the tyres as well.

I did consider the Corvette for the first round at Zolder but just could not tame it well enough. In timetrials the cars were brilliant it was when i came on the server the cars felt quite different, so now i'm trying to put in practise beforehand.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:58 AM +0100 »

Hi Racers,

Don't forget, we are holding a special Le Mans race this Sunday using Assetto Corsa, the R3E summer series will resume next week (13/8) with a race at the fast flowing Sachsenring!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com