The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:38:22 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A3B VIR: July 19, 2017
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 3 Historic Racing Fun race - VIR - Jul 19  (Read 2401 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 10:43:01 PM +0100 »

after driving both I would say the GT40 is more fun to drive but harder to master for sure. If you are struggling with braking or keeping it on track then stick with the P908.

Not much you can tweak on the GT40's setup either  Undecided I gave it a bit more rear positive toe and a bit more rebound dampers front and rear to ease off the lift-off oversteer when coming off the brakes. This car doesn't like the kerbs here either, they almost drag the car off track!...is it grounding out?

As for falling off too much on your outlap, not much to say than slow down  Wink pretend its a real car and how much it would cost you to prang it,  Shocked that will make you drive it more carefully and build up your speed.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 09:33:10 AM +0100 »

Can you put me on the driver list for this please; always up for some historic racing.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:02 AM +0100 »

No special drivers/entry list, it's a free for all. There will be 12 of each car available on a first come first served basis.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 09:52:43 AM +0100 »

Okey dokey.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:23 AM +0100 »

Please my I request that drivers only join with the car choice they will race with. If you quit and rejoin I have to manually edit the result files to include only the car you actually raced. There is a high chance I'll get the edit wrong and then you might be annoyed Wink Thanks for your cooperation Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 06:16:17 AM +0100 »

I'm about 2 secs slower in the GT40 based on last night,  haven't played much with the setup yet but supprised at some of the times I see!
Will probably be in the pork as  a result,  unless I make a breakthrough after work
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:52 PM +0100 »

:'( Unable to make it tonight but hope you all have a good race.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 09:23:23 PM +0100 »

had a great race Smiley

really enjoyed these cars, i know the track was a challenge but by god.. it was an excellent race. Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 09:29:59 PM +0100 »

that was good fun  Smiley

A tasty looking grid and it felt great having a car sliding around under you in the corners  Cool  Took me a few laps to get my eye in as missed praccy before qually as I was scoffing a pizza  Grin so qually didn't go to plan and didn't match my pb's.

Got a good race start and enjoyed watching the gaggle of GT40s just ahead duking it out. I stayed close behind but on lap 6 got a spin under braking at T1  Sad and lost about 11 seconds. It also put me behind sutols GT40 which was frustrating as he was costing me time in the parts of the track that the 908 had the upper hand ie..the twisties! but then blasting away from me on the straights.
But I got a good run on him after a few laps and got past then stretched a lead. Thankfully Maikel and Matteo were just ahead so I was able to have some fun again chasing them. Maikel fell off a few laps later and I was behind Matteo but then another annoying spin at T1 dropped me back another 7 secs  taz
Finished 5th  Smiley

Big congrats on the 'giant slayer' Felix  Grin winning in his nimble P908  thumbup1

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 10:32:02 PM +0100 »

All I was trying to do was keep it on the black stuff and apart from a minor excursion early on, I managed to do. Surprised to find Mark behind me and he hassled me for a few laps before getting a run on me out of the hair pin before the back straight. Maikel had a spin which gave me another place but then I had a lapse in concentration which nearly gave it back to him. Thank God for Armco as sfter a collision with Maikel  it kept me going in a straight line long enough to cross the line.

Hard work but very enjoyable and for once my practice paid off. Thx Chris for the set BTW

Still learning so be patient
frex

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:39 AM +0100 »

Really fun cars to drive, but I was probably too cautious early on and lost a place or two. Then saw a GT40 going off and spun in sympathy, and then another spin when I downshifted into the wrong gear.. Oops.

Congrats to the podium. A full series with these cars would be great..  Wink
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 04:16:26 PM +0100 »

A fun race in the end. Had a good start and settled down behind Chris and Matteo after a while trying to get into a rythm with the car. We were pretty close until Matteo went abit off track, decided to wait for him and continue our fight as Chris was too fast so he could go chase Felix. Had a good battle with Matteo for quite a few laps as I got abit more confident with the car. A few good overtakes and one not soo good which was abit too eager  Grin
We continued for quite a while until I went way wixe and spun out on  the grass as I tried to break my pb. Got out last so I chased down Sutol for the last few laps. Got real close and had a better exit in the last corner and got close to getting second last until Sutol closed the door with my foot still stuck in between it  Grin

Good practise for the rsr's though. Takes a while to getting used to the oldtimers after racing the GT3's for a while. Cool
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 05:38:13 PM +0100 »

Really enjoyed that  Grin

My years in GPL tend to show through a bit better in the old stuff too, nearly took 1st on the 2nd lap (And T1 L1 thinking about it) but despite Felix doing his best to leave me room, 2 into the flat out esses going up the hill don't really work laugh Thanks to Manteos for leaving room for me to slither back onto the track  Smiley

My experience while fighting Chris and Manteos was the opposite of Marks - I found the 908 could outrun the GT40's in the fast sectors and the back straight but was being caught in the twisty bits.
This makes sense to me as kunos gave us the lange heck variant, but might also just be down to our relative down force Vs Diff setups.
I was running with moderate preload and about 35% lock under power, with the wing and springs I was running this seemed to give the best combination of outright grip Vs ability to go round a corner!

Either way I could get some fantastic drifts going through Turns 1 and 3 when I timed it right.

Hope we revisit these cars at a later date - especially once the Ferrari pack with the P4 is released as that should be similar-ish in outright performance...
Looking forward to the RSR's more everyday!
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 11:34:18 AM +0100 »

Sorry for my late reply.

It was a really good race from the start to the end. I tried to chase Felix and Fmg during the first laps, but I had no pace to keep closing on them. Evenmore the Porkas was quite impossible to overtake on a straight line, unless you got the MJ 'special edition' Grin Grin
Jokes apart I had some really good fighting. I managed to defend by Chris only for a couple of laps, then he passed me with a good manouvre. I managed to pass him again, but I resisted only for another half lap, than Chris flew away.
At that point me and Maikel were on the same pace for the rest of the race, and we had some great fights exchanging our positions for a couple of times, with some great manouvres alternated by huge crashes Grin
We waited each other to have some more fights, but Maikel did a huge mistake with 3 or 4 laps to go, and seeing that the undercharged Porsche of Mark was quite closing on me, I decided that was the right time to try some final hotlaps  Grin.

Thanks for the fun. See you on Weds for the first RSR champ race Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com