The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 07:06:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Cars 2  (Read 7629 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:20 PM +0100 »

Got to say this new sim looks a real game changer  Shocked. Stunning graphics  Cool

https://youtu.be/-ClNaPKwZYU

https://youtu.be/iC1waZU2TWo

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 12:10:56 AM +0100 »

I hope it becomes good, as I'd love to have changeable weather again, but I'm kinda skeptical.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:56:24 AM +0100 »

Really enjoy playing 1 still, on any downtime from online racing. Believe me its not fun when you've just pitted and it suddenly starts raining! The AI can be a bit silly at times but i dont expect them to be as predictable as real people so is a nice fun alternative.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 08:02:15 AM +0100 »

Yup, graphics are great. But they are great already in PCars 1. I run it now and then with my son and it has good matching car groups. (unlike AC..)
It is quite a good racing game, but the FFB and physics are just not as good as AC. So it will need to make quite a step forward to match the feeling you get from AC.
Still, if they pull that off, it should be worth the money.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 09:00:11 PM +0100 »

With a car list like this i dont know what to try first!!!

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

GTO's, Group5, GT1's, full GT3 field and GT4

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 09:02:35 PM +0100 »

Looks like they have taken cars and track lists from AC and R3E. I am keen to try it as well.
As Pete says, if the cars feel like the better modelled ones in R3E and AC it may be worth
some testing.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 09:36:15 PM +0100 »

The problem i found and clearly put alot of people off, unfairly was by default its rubbish. Steering is too heavy, setups are not fast nor easy to interprete. And with no manual nowadays none of the options are really understood. FFB has plenty of adjustment its just most people didnt know what to do. Same with car setups, you need to try and engineer them.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 06:08:17 PM +0100 »

I hope it becomes good, as I'd love to have changeable weather again, but I'm kinda skeptical.

Gosh. I didn't know you where into Brockeback mountain type of ambiance Jeff.. Tongue

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:36:51 PM +0100 »

Gosh. I didn't know you where into Brockeback mountain type of ambiance Jeff.. Tongue

Not the sunset, that's somebody else's fettish. Gimme some rain  Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 09:56:01 PM +0100 »

Just had a 6pm race at Oulton in the group 5's lighting is fantastic, sky looks amazing!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 01:09:05 PM +0100 »

Good to read in a couple of proper Motorsport mags that they are using real world race drivers to develop the feel in this and make sure cars handle as they should.  Cool
Sounds like it's going to be serious competition for AC on release. Kunos have been a bit tardy of late with new content and lack of tracks especially.
Think I'll be getting it  Smiley but will read some reviews on ffb and feel first, having wasted my money on RRE with its complete lack of feel on my pricey fanatec setup. 

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 01:17:23 PM +0100 »

Project Cars 1 had real world drivers on the team, and RRE show session where real drivers say how good it is (not sure if they were on the official dev team or not). Sadly this doesn't always translate to good physics / FFB etc.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 01:27:06 PM +0100 »

Wow, just finished watching that 2nd You Tube clip. Bloody amazing! The rain drops on the side windows, the water thrown up by the passing car, the pit stop crew in action. Oh no I'm going to have to visit Steam now.

I think they have a decent amount of Historics too

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 01:46:41 PM +0100 »

The car list didn't seem much different to Pcar1, only half sort of kinda group is the Gr5s which have less content
than R3E. perhaps there will be more at release. Initial imprssion is that it's not worth bothering with
But I probably will anyway... just in case  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 04:36:15 PM +0100 »

Project Cars 1 had real world drivers on the team, and RRE show session where real drivers say how good it is (not sure if they were on the official dev team or not). Sadly this doesn't always translate to good physics / FFB etc.

Yeah what Pete says. PC1 had Nick Hamilton and that Stig fella on board and we all know how that game turned out. The feedback I heared, was that PC2 is somewhere between the Gran Turismo/Forza games and something like AC.

The only thing that I'm curious about, is the weather system. That's something I really miss in AC and missed for all those rF years as well.
But what I've seen from that, it's all eyecandy and cars feel way too grippy in full wet conditions.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 04:38:31 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com