The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 07:24:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Cars 2  (Read 7616 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2020, 10:32:58 PM +0000 »

Bought the Deluxe edition on Steam last weekend as it was 50% off. Only done the beginning of the Career mode so far but I'm very impressed by the driving, graphics, sound, FFB and overall content and production.

I'll give it a while before I decide whether it was a wise purchase or not but so far, so good.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2020, 12:01:06 PM +0000 »

Content wise this is an awsome title indeed. I only tried the demo and couldn't stand the vaque ffb. Maybe due to my ancient DFGT, however it seems I am not alone in my opinion of the physics and ffb.

(I do however have high hope for Automobilista 2 actually.)

Still it might be worth to also try this latest ffb mod file Tony. It seems to rectify a lot of problems.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/amazing-new-ffb-for-pcars2.169750/

And you do have AC don't you Tony? Maybe do an odd race with us AC lads with some nice classic cars? They are as good as the GTL ones.. Smiley  I must admit that I am running a LUT file for ffb here also

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2020, 02:01:26 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the link Stefan. I'm now registered on the PC2 Forum and have installed the FFB but not had time to try it out yet.

I do keep an eye on what you AC boys get up to and if I weren't doing GTL two times a week plus all the required admin stuff  sleep1 I would be with you.

So far I'm concentrating on the PC2 career mode with racing in Ginetta Juniors around iconic brit tracks. Today I did Brands Hatch GP in Autumn. Geez even the trees are showing brown leaves! Did practice in fog, qualy in fine but cloudy and finished of racing in the snow. The graphics are the best I've seen in any sim I've done.

I'm sure I'll find some negatives soon but so far I'm very, very impressed.

PS It seems that multiplayer races can be set up without needing a dedicated server which if true is a game changer. Does anyone know what formats the results are obtained in?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:11:53 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com