Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 01:48:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S31 Monaco: August 13, 2017
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 31 Fun - Monaco - Aug 13  (Read 2414 times)
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:36 PM +0100 »

Grats to Tim on a scintillating drive!  I watched him in qualifying and just marveled at his control.  Quite a treat to see.

Clive a fine, workmanlike job for a worthy P2 and Fran scoring a splendid podium.  Well done, gys.

Not to worry, Sam.  I was considering an early retirement as my connection seemed rather poor.  My latency bar was near the top for much of the first two laps.  Not good at any time but especially here at Monaco.  As for our collision, I was already in pussy-foot mode to preserve the brakes and that enabled you to pull up on my left.  I was just hoping that I was clear as I turned in.  50-50 on blame.

I really only wanted to run around starting at the back and pick off places as runners ran afoul of the hairpins with no brakes.  As a beta tester in this mod, I know full well its limitations.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 06:14:32 PM +0100 »

Cheers guys - Clive was closest to the mark on this one. I have done a lot of practice here in the Gordini, although none of it was with this race in mind.
When the mod was released along with all the warnings about the shocking brakes, I decided that the best way to learn/prepare was to throw myself in at the deep end and beat Fangio's time in the Merc (On Monacane).
I managed to knock loads of time off the default setup, but as Monacane is so tight, I couldn't get close in the T16 - several of the 'bigger' cars got close enough to suggest they can beat it but only the Merc actually did.
When the Ranks went live and I discovered that they were using old Monaco I decided to have another shot at it in the Gordini as the ability to do the chicane flat amounts to a huge saving in brakes and therefore time - so I had a serious session one afternoon before giving up at about 1:41.7 (Whatever is shown in GPLRank at the moment - I haven't updated yet. Monacane was a 1:44.6 in contrast).

For last night I was tempted to punish myself in the Ferrari 625 as even after fitting the brake indicator mod I still didn't have a working light, I thought that maybe having to drive using the force would slow me enough to make it fairer. 10 minutes after making some minor tweeks to the Monacane setup and it's good for 3rd fastest on the rank tables and all I have to do to comfortably take the WR is put a clean lap in in so I pipped for the Gordini to keep the race 'fun'.

I was well chuffed with my qually time as it knocked 4 tenths off my previous PB, Fangio still has me by .2 though so as I still have room to improve that will be my next target for when I have some free time  Grin

Sorry to anyone caught up in Axel's flight of discovery - I put a message up in chat before the start of the race that the Gordini would be slow off the mark (you should all try it just to understand how rubbish it is at launching Wink ) but I guess not everyone had chat turned on.
Much as was the case for Clive, it gave me a massive boost for the race though as I didn't have to worry about being over powered on the run to T1 where the Gordini struggles the most. Once up the hill my technique for Monaco starts to come into it's own as I appear to have the advantage on brakes and handling for all of the tight sections - several times I was worried I'd run into the back of Tris, his Lancia was so slow! (From watching the replay it had far too much understeer for Monaco).
I was quite looking forward to the battle that was sure to come as passing a much faster car would prove highly tricky here, sadly on lap 2 Tris's engine blew at the chicane and robbed us of that race  Sad

Well done to Clive on a solid 2nd, and as mentioned, to Fran on taking 3rd in this field.
Another mention should go to Bastian on his own fastest lap - if you take a look at it Vs myself, Tris and Clives own attempts you'll see you had most of the lap on the money  Cool You just need to keep that consistent!
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 06:48:56 AM +0100 »

My race was quite regular,the only problem was one engine explosion with a long  S&G.Some problem with the brakes, like Bastian says,on the last 2 curves.The third position was due to regularity but mainly to the carnage at the start. Grin
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 11:12:08 AM +0100 »

Is Road America on for next Sunday?  I need to know when to pack the PC!   Roll Eyes

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 11:35:55 AM +0100 »

Is Road America on for next Sunday?  I need to know when to pack the PC!   Roll Eyes

Yes, but with GT's  Wink

I need to drive something else...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 12:15:08 PM +0100 »

Yes, but with GT's  Wink

I need to drive something else...

Cheers Axel.  I'll put it in a box!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 04:18:51 PM +0100 »

Remember tomorrow Funliga will race at the Isle of Man with 55s...

Axel "Cookie"

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 04:28:46 PM +0100 »

do we need a pass word to join the funliga server Axel??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 04:36:46 PM +0100 »

Isle of Man with 55s  Shocked

The world record for number of resets in one lap is for tomorrow  Cheesy

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:23 PM +0100 »

No PW needed for Funliga races  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 06:58:31 PM +0100 »

Why not a Road America with the CA66?
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 02:38:11 PM +0100 »

Isle of Man with 55s  Shocked

The world record for number of resets in one lap is for tomorrow  Cheesy

WOW

just did my first 2 laps...

Perfect match for the 55s!!!
Wonderful sweeping drive with no hard braking!

1x Reset in the first lap...

Axel "Cookie"

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com