The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 12:08:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12288 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2018, 01:35:12 PM +0100 »

BTW we have a good and simple cars evora and exige from lotus. If with paddles- i will join any of these cars. No setups, fun drive, imho. But need test first.

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2018, 07:06:59 PM +0100 »

Next modern series will most likely be the Maserati MC12 GT1 at (random order):
- Algarve
- Zolder
- Suzuka
- Virginia
- Atlanta
- Watkins
- Monza

And you decide what the last track is gonna be  Tongue

MC12 GT1 sounds good to me. I Bagsy the vitaphone paintwork
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2018, 10:01:13 PM +0100 »

Please not VIR! Stupid place and rubbish for close racing. It's just a test of who can finish with no overtaking.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2018, 06:48:40 AM +0100 »

Please not VIR! Stupid place and rubbish for close racing. It's just a test of who can finish with no overtaking.

I don't think it's that bad with modern cars, but I'd like to hear an alternative. I haven't heard anyone mention a suggestion for the 8th round as well  Tongue

I'm thinking about Estoril without the chicane and we have a race at Circuit of the Americas over at Core this Sunday, and if it's good, might use that as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:00:43 AM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 10:29:25 AM +0100 »

What car confirmed? Or this question is still open for discussion? Should i test Lotus GTE or GTC in actual tyres phisics ?  Smiley
What car we prefer- easy setup or  full setup option? I prefer easy in summer time as i said earlier.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:32:43 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2018, 11:15:12 AM +0100 »

I've had quite a few overtakes on this track. Turn 1 and the one after the long straight are great for overtaking.

I'm thinking about Estoril without the chicane and we have a race at Circuit of the Americas over at Core this Sunday, and if it's good, might use that as well.

Estoril has only 1 or 2 overtaking spots aswell. Probably the same as COTA, though we'll see after the race (though it's a great track for modern/downforce cars).
Personally I love VIR with its mix of twisty corners and long straights.  Grin

Though Mugello is always a good option aswell  Cool
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2018, 11:24:49 AM +0100 »

Just tested Lotus Evora GTC and Lotus Evora GX again. Awesome cars, as allways! Realy racing and enjoyble. Try it guys! This is forgotten AC cars but they so good, imo. But a lot of setups option ))) Sound is great, cars are alive. I perefer GTC for champ- have abs and tc. Jeff did you wach it?

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:46 AM +0100 »

I've had quite a few overtakes on this track. Turn 1 and the one after the long straight are great for overtaking.

Estoril has only 1 or 2 overtaking spots aswell. Probably the same as COTA, though we'll see after the race (though it's a great track for modern/downforce cars).
Personally I love VIR with its mix of twisty corners and long straights.  Grin

Though Mugello is always a good option aswell  Cool

Agree with Maikel especialy for Mugello  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2018, 11:38:11 AM +0100 »

Just tested Lotus Evora GTC and Lotus Evora GX again. Awesome cars, as allways! Realy racing and enjoyble. Try it guys! This is forgotten AC cars but they so good, imo. But a lot of setups option ))) Sound is great, cars are alive. I perefer GTC for champ- have abs and tc. Jeff did you wach it?

I need to test those cars, most lotus cars were a bit boring IMO and I think the MC12 is a bit more interesting due to the higher speed and no abs.

I also think VIR has enough overtaking possibilities and Mugello should be on the calendar every season for you Maikel Grin.

I can always pick Longford or Nords for Simon Wink.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2018, 03:13:11 PM +0100 »

Which Zolder? The really good new one or the older converted one?

And might I suggest Sveg? Seems to suit the Masser really well with a combination of fast sweeping corners, tight 2nd gear corners and big straights.

Also going to look at Autopolis Oita and Hope later tonight
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2018, 05:50:02 PM +0100 »

Which Zolder? The really good new one or the older converted one?
It's the one on AC reboot, so I think the new one?

And might I suggest Sveg? Seems to suit the Masser really well with a combination of fast sweeping corners, tight 2nd gear corners and big straights.

Also going to look at Autopolis Oita and Hope later tonight

Can you give links to those, to make sure I have the right version as they don't ring a bell for me, so I'm very interested Smiley.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2018, 06:29:12 PM +0100 »

Sveg = https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sveg-raceway.18818/

Hope doesn't really work for these, road mesh isn't that smooth and it's too tight.
Autopolis turns out to be an unauthorised conversion so I don't think we're likely to run it here - same as it looks good and is a challenge in the MC12. Very twisty as you'd expect from a Jap circuit but also with some very fast stretches.

As for Zolder, I have this version: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder.19822/
It's apparently a first go at scratch making a track, I'll have to try the reboot version as well to see how they compare.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:33:00 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2018, 07:47:29 PM +0100 »

Looks good, will give it a go

As for Zolder, I have this version: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder.19822/
It's apparently a first go at scratch making a track, I'll have to try the reboot version as well to see how they compare.

That version has "Not recommended for leagues yet. Track is not fully tested." So I'm a bit wary of using that one. The AC reboot tracks have been quite solid so far.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:22 PM +0100 »

Estoril sounds good.

Longford, yeah woo, yeah, please, please!!  Grin

Turkey gp circuit?!

Shanghai gp circuit that’s topical right now.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2018, 05:06:03 PM +0100 »

Just tried Sveg and it's a nice track, but as soon as I crossed the bridge I knew it was a fantasy track and I'd rather not use those, eventhough the layout of this track is nice (bit too long)

CotA is a nightmare track, it's a cutting heaven and it's really hard to overtake.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com