The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:36:55 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 11766 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:25:47 PM +0100 »

You tried the 718 RS60 yet Jeff?....  angel

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:39 PM +0100 »

i just tried the classic supercars series at Imola with the Lambo Countach, Ruf CTR, F40 and Cobra. Looked and sounded awesome!  Cool  No idea how they would tally up competitively though.

They don't  Tongue.

The only series AC has, are the GT3's and even those are horribly inbalanced. So to balance cars from different era's or with completely different specs and tyres, not my plan. If somebody wants to do all that effort to create a grid with a variety of cars which are all balanced, I'm happy to make a series of it, but I'll only be doing 1 spec races.

You tried the 718 RS60 yet Jeff?....  angel

Very briefly and what I can remember is that it was quite slidey and fun, but a tad too slow. But I'd need to test it again to be sure. For classic cars I had a few options in mind, Lotus 25/49 or the 917K. But haven't tested those as well, so maybe I'll pick something else.

If nobody is going to stand foward and do a series before next week, I'll start prepping for something straight after the RSR's.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 07:17:23 AM +0100 »

How about formula easter? They're up to 4 or 5 chassis now several of which have multiple variants and should be pretty close in performance.
I've got to work on my car today for a while but might try a race weekend against them to see how close they stay.
There was also a mod that equalised the performance of the old touring cars,  although I haven't tried it yet to see if it's feasible. But could be cool as it adds the Cavalier and Sierra to the existing cars
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 07:28:35 AM +0100 »

"Cavalier and Sierra".......you got my attention then, as I school boy I was a massive RS500 fan, then a big fan of the super touring Cavaliers and Radisichs Mondeo, is this an add on mod for AC?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 07:36:43 AM +0100 »

The cars are add ones,  the performance balancing was done by a custom career mod. I still need to look into that to see if it's suitable for online use.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 07:46:13 AM +0100 »

How about formula easter? They're up to 4 or 5 chassis now several of which have multiple variants and should be pretty close in performance.
I've got to work on my car today for a while but might try a race weekend against them to see how close they stay.
There was also a mod that equalised the performance of the old touring cars,  although I haven't tried it yet to see if it's feasible. But could be cool as it adds the Cavalier and Sierra to the existing cars

If this is the Formula Easter you mean, then IMO it looks absolutely trash  Cheesy.

I think there is still plenty official content to use before resulting to mods. That touring car balancing mod can be useful if it's done properly.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 04:36:05 PM +0100 »

DTM link is here
Looks like you'd want to back up the various car folders before applying it as it would affect normal online usage I imagine.

As for Formula Easter, try it and I think you'd be surprised. Winged and/or ground effects cars without excessive horsepower would make for great close racing.
They always remind me of the 65 mod for GPL  Cool
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 06:03:03 PM +0100 »

DTM link is here
Looks like you'd want to back up the various car folders before applying it as it would affect normal online usage I imagine.

As for Formula Easter, try it and I think you'd be surprised. Winged and/or ground effects cars without excessive horsepower would make for great close racing.
They always remind me of the 65 mod for GPL  Cool

I'm not short on car choices, heck, I've got enough picks to last a few months with original content  Grin.

But the whole car choice debate was exactly what I wasn't after, more to see if somebody wants to step up and set a series up, then he can pick whatever he wants. But if nobody steps up, I've got a modern and rarely used car in my mind for the next series.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 11:28:48 AM +0100 »

I would love to see a return to what we had in the GTR2 days...

Sunday night, 90 minute races with a pit stop, GT1 and GT3 or in our case I guess it would have to be GT2 and GT3. 30 cars (15 of each class) The format was popular then and I have always seen how popular an endurance series is with fans of GT cars. I don't mind just having one class of car if the numbers are lower.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 11:43:59 AM +0100 »

Sunday night, 90 minute races with a pit stop, GT1 and GT3 or in our case I guess it would have to be GT2 and GT3. 30 cars (15 of each class) The format was popular then and I have always seen how popular an endurance series is with fans of GT cars. I don't mind just having one class of car if the numbers are lower.

Having a full grid with either mixed classes or single would be great, but not viable IMO. I don't think we would stand a chance against CORE, seeing the GT3 race organized a few weeks back on Sunday with the GT3's. Quite a few here, race at CORE on Sunday's and I have no idea how to attract new drivers from somewhere else Sad.

For me personally, I find it such a shame a lot of cars aren't used in AC. It's always the GT classes that you see everywhere, which is logical, as they seem most popular. But what I'm trying to do, is pick some "hidden" gems in AC and make a series out of that, kinda surprising people how fun those other cars can be.

If somebody is going to create a Sunday night endurance series, I'll be happy to help, but I'm not going to invest in it myself, as of right now, I don't see it being viable Smiley.

EDIT: The one thing that might be an option, is to have an inter league series with CORE on Sunday, what they have sometimes with a Slovakian league.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:51:39 AM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 12:13:14 PM +0100 »

Another series further down the line ?..

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14475.0

Cool

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 01:19:06 PM +0100 »

Another series further down the line ?..

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14475.0

Cool

Didn't plan on that car, but if it's that good and it fits with something else, it would be a shame not to use it Smiley. In theory, I've got the next 2 series in mind, which will take a few months, or I can do 2 classic series in a row. But that might be a bit too much, as the next classic series will most likely be 10 rounds.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 06:43:58 PM +0100 »

Having a full grid with either mixed classes or single would be great, but not viable IMO. I don't think we would stand a chance against CORE, seeing the GT3 race organized a few weeks back on Sunday with the GT3's. Quite a few here, race at CORE on Sunday's and I have no idea how to attract new drivers from somewhere else Sad.

For me personally, I find it such a shame a lot of cars aren't used in AC. It's always the GT classes that you see everywhere, which is logical, as they seem most popular. But what I'm trying to do, is pick some "hidden" gems in AC and make a series out of that, kinda surprising people how fun those other cars can be.

If somebody is going to create a Sunday night endurance series, I'll be happy to help, but I'm not going to invest in it myself, as of right now, I don't see it being viable Smiley.

EDIT: The one thing that might be an option, is to have an inter league series with CORE on Sunday, what they have sometimes with a Slovakian league.

I am currently organising sporadic AC events on Sunday nights, as of January I plan to alternate Sunday nights between R3E and AC on a weekly basis. My first AC series will be based on the British GT championship (GT3's with pitstop following the British GT calendar). Depending on the numbers of people turning up for R3E v AC I may do more of the Sunday races in AC, (certainly more track choice in AC)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 06:09:07 PM +0100 »

I just read that the new Ferrari pack is coming out the 19th of September.

- 1962 250 GTO
- 1967 330 P4
- 1967 312/67
- 1984 288 GTO
- 2004 F2004
- 2017 812 Superfast
- Ferrari SF70H

Some great oldtimers, a '67 F1 car, a 2004 F1 car and the 2017 F1 car  Shocked
Just the 2017 Superfast car doesn't sound very interesting ( probably because of the lamest car name ever  Tongue, even worse then the FerrariTheFerrari  Grin )
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 08:56:24 PM +0100 »

Didn't realise it was out so soon. I've been desperate for the pack ever since the 312 was announced as it will give the Lotus 49 some competition  Grin
Couldn't care about the other 2 Wink

Having the 2 GTO's and the P4 is just the icing on the cake - especially as I recently read that Kunos are going to be bringing the Tipo 33 out at some point too  wub
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com