The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 09:36:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12326 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 12:54:33 PM +0100 »

That LARDO should be the perfect car for Porco  Grin Grin Grin

Grin The fumes would be nauceating

P.S I won't give them a single penny

You mean the mod makers?

Anyone tried it yet? Not had a chance yet to dload it

I'm awaiting more reviews. Some say it's great, but I often read the quality differentiates a lot between cars.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2018, 02:11:21 PM +0100 »

Yeah just been reading the thread over at Kunos site. Good news is a real skin pack has already been released at RD as well as a real car names patch I think  Smiley
The pro reviews outweigh the negs so far and you always get the odd neg review !

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2018, 11:40:34 AM +0100 »

Next modern series will most likely be the Maserati MC12 GT1 at (random order):
- Algarve
- Zolder
- Suzuka
- Virginia
- Atlanta
- Watkins
- Monza

And you decide what the last track is gonna be  Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2018, 12:07:51 PM +0100 »

i quite fancy a modern single seater series but nothing too complicated to setup the car, so you can focus on the driving. Not sure what car that might be in AC?
MC1 is a nice car but leaves me a bit 'm'eh' for a series.  Undecided

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2018, 12:16:10 PM +0100 »

A full on GT1 Mark???

Single seaters end up being rather lonely!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2018, 12:18:39 PM +0100 »

i quite fancy a modern single seater series but nothing too complicated to setup the car, so you can focus on the driving. Not sure what car that might be in AC?

You've got formula Abarth or what ever it's called - but they're not very interesting to drive.
Formula Easter is exactly as basic as you'd expect from a 70's single seater - there's 'enough' setup options but it isn't silly  Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2018, 12:29:02 PM +0100 »

You are m'eh towards everything  Tongue. Only modern single seater I can think of is the Exos T125, as the only alternatives are mods.

Does this count as an open wheeler?  Grin

I think the MC12 can be quite exciting, no ABS and a low downforce back end Smiley.

Formula Easter is exactly as basic as you'd expect from a 70's single seater - there's 'enough' setup options but it isn't silly  Smiley

And it's also not modern Wink. I just can't take the Formula Easter and Student seriously, they look like a vehicle from Dick Dastardly  Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2018, 12:38:14 PM +0100 »

Old Porsche-style balanced car ( 40\60).Very well made model and good sound ( from MC4  Grin) . Very interesting when driving in limits.
I have no words to be contra this choice  Smiley We will battle with MarkJ together  Grin
User choice track must be a Spa , sure  Roll Eyes  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:50:25 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2018, 02:13:37 PM +0100 »

You are m'eh towards everything  Tongue. Only modern single seater I can think of is the Exos T125, as the only alternatives are mods.

I think the MC12 can be quite exciting, no ABS and a low downforce back end Smiley.

And it's also not modern Wink. I just can't take the Formula Easter and Student seriously, they look like a vehicle from Dick Dastardly  Grin

Au contraire I get quite easily excited by most racing  Grin and the good thing about being 'meh' sometimes means I get pleasantly surprised when it turns out great fun, as has already been proved to me in some of your previous choices that I might not have given enough time too otherwise!  Smiley

No idea what a formula Easter is  laugh had hoped the formula Abarths might be an option but not driven one since AC release  Tongue
Think I've only driven the mc12 for a test lap or two when it first came out.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2018, 02:43:39 PM +0100 »

Au contraire I get quite easily excited by most racing  Grin and the good thing about being 'meh' sometimes means I get pleasantly surprised when it turns out great fun, as has already been proved to me in some of your previous choices that I might not have given enough time too otherwise!  Smiley

No idea what a formula Easter is  laugh had hoped the formula Abarths might be an option but not driven one since AC release  Tongue

Formula Abarth is one of most boring car in AC. Too much grip and too little power, boring and ez.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2018, 03:43:15 PM +0100 »

Ah okay, and by the by, I'm also well up for historic f1 cars but sadly I also think it might only suit the aliens who have more time than us mortals to set the car up and be able to handle the beasts. I did run races using them before though here and they were great fun  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2018, 03:55:28 PM +0100 »

Formula Abarth is one of most boring car in AC. Too much grip and too little power, boring and ez.

It also sounds dreadful - It's like Fiat heard someone say that Nissan's SR series of engines were really boring, soulless and terrible sounding, and then decided they had to be number 1 ....  Grin

Jeffery - download The Formula Easter cars and have a race against the AI at the Baikerneiki circuit of speed (Truely excellent mod track by the way - we should be using it regardless). Make sure you don't start any higher than midfield and then battle your way through and then tell me you can't take them seriously - I know Formula Ford guys who have all the time in the world for them in real life. They also look and sound good on the replays.

Formula student on the other hand is essentially a sprint and drag series. As per the name it's aimed at Uni students and the like, some of the Graduates I've had work for me in the last couple of years have been involved in it - great for Engineering students but not really sure about wheel to wheel racing in them...
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2018, 11:37:30 AM +0100 »

Anyone try the Lotus Exos T125 Standard? It's a modern open wheeler, nothing too crazy, but still fun to drive.

More people prefer something like that over the MC12?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2018, 12:07:43 PM +0100 »

Don't we have a few Ferrari single seaters?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2018, 01:17:32 PM +0100 »

Anyone try the Lotus Exos T125 Standard? It's a modern open wheeler, nothing too crazy, but still fun to drive.

I have no words to be contra this choice. Smiley Agree with 125 standart. 1 medium compound, no rear tyres overhating ( they fixed it) . But not tested in 40 min, just 5 laps in silverstone.
In warm time of year ( summer time) i prefer to drive easy setup cars, fun drivable (like F599xx), and don't wants to siting with PC and collect hundreds of traning laps in setup making.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:21:20 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com