The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 02:57:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12370 times)
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2018, 02:08:17 AM +0100 »

49 is nothing like the 25.
Much faster and harder to drive, slightly less fun as a result I'd say - unless you really nail a setup Grin

True, the Lotus 49, in AC, seems to have a really "light" rear, the handling is really different to 25. No idea if those cars were so different in handling in real life, i think not.

In future, Lotus 72 and 312T can be a good choise, there are funny and not so much hard to drive (the 72 is more funny). Of course, the 49 is a dream.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2018, 10:39:41 AM +0100 »

I'm going to set up 1 more fun race, and then it's up to somebody else to take over. With the ever dwindling grids I feel like this AC league is dying, if not already dead.

Maybe ACC will give some new life, but right now it feels like a waste of time.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2018, 11:56:22 AM +0100 »

I'm going to set up 1 more fun race, and then it's up to somebody else to take over. With the ever dwindling grids I feel like this AC league is dying, if not already dead.

Maybe ACC will give some new life, but right now it feels like a waste of time.
Don't give up, Jeff!  Smiley We  all respect your efforts very much!  thumbup1
But yes- if you want's a good amount of peoples in races- don't use the summer time for it Grin. Plus just use a popular "good surface grip handling" combos in AC in champs due AC tyres is not so good in others stuff . Use high quality tracks mods. If you want's a unique fanat's combos , an oldscool 50-60-70s cars - be warned- it will be not so popular in peoples.
And yes- I love UKAC and AC  Smiley
If you dont't want's to see an empty slots in races- just relacs and use fun combos this summer - not champs  Smiley
Tryed an Lotus 72 . For me , the 10 tire model ( soap style) brings a not so good drive feels for me. Earlier this car was more and more fun for me. Not now, sorry  Smiley  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:14:47 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2018, 10:26:14 PM +0100 »

So what next for AC racing here at UKAC ?
The World Cup and summer hols have seriously depleted our numbers but would hope many return for action once we set something up  Undecided
The new sim doesn’t arrive until October I think and assume it’s solely gt3. I’ll be buying it for sure  Smiley

I think we need a popular series to get the numbers back up, but what to race? What car(s) can we race that will appeal to many? A car to promote close racing? Modern or older?
Single car races have been great here like the Porsche Cup or the Fxx Ferrari so maybe look to another car that can be similar, maybe reflect a real series like Ferrari cup or Trofeo series?
But we also have lovely cars like the p330 Ferrari or Alfa’s to use also. Niche difficult cars just seem to create low turnouts so better to stick to fairly easy to set up cars that are controllable at pace.
Ideas?  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2018, 02:33:10 AM +0100 »

So what next for AC racing here at UKAC ?
Ideas?  Smiley
Hi Mark, hi ppl  Smiley
I'd prefer :
1. Seat Leon TCR Cup 2 races with first 8-10 pilots  grid reversed.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/seat-leon-tcr-2018.148469/
One russian league  has  tested, *some bug fixed for mod tracks , and very fun drived champ for TCR UK stage:
a. Donington Park National  
b. Croft
c. Oulton park Island
d. Castle Combe
e. Brand Hatch GP (AC stock)
f.  Knockhill
g. Silverstone national ( AC stock)
I can ask to use these tracks in UKAC. It will be no problem to upload this trackpack, IMHO.
But we can use the other tracks with better overtaking compability, for example, Magione.

2. Formula3 by RSR. With fixed setup. May be default. Needs small help from any of experienced pilot  Smiley
 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/update?update=13349

3. Modern road car, for example, stock Porsche 911 GT3 RS but not sure.

But who will admin?  Hope , Jeffrey, SRW and Pete will rearm for us  Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:27:01 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2018, 07:50:59 AM +0100 »

d. Castle Combe

There is a Castle Combe for Assetto? Please tell me where I can download this iconic race track from. Best track in the world. ( Note. I might be biased as I live only a few miles from it  Roll Eyes )

Found it https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/castle-combe-circuit.14612/update?update=25211
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:53:28 AM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:29 AM +0100 »

The new sim doesn’t arrive until October I think and assume it’s solely gt3. I’ll be buying it for sure  Smiley

It won't be fully released until February 2019. It will be released in parts, and the first few parts won't have multiplayer in it  Roll Eyes.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2018, 09:32:31 AM +0100 »

Whilst I admit I haven’t tried it, a SEAT Leon doesn’t inspire me in any way to sim race it  Sad did I miss a test race with it? Always happy to try one out and be proved wrong  Wink but not sure it will have mass appeal either  Undecided

I haven’t tried that rsr single seater either so will give that a go.

If ACC is delayed until February we definitely need a new series of two! I like it best when we alternate weekly between an historic and a modern series to cater for all tastes.

After feeling un-satisfied sim racing wise after Wednesdays small turnout I got my racing fix last night by taking a simple bmw E30 around the Nordschleiffe with my Rift and really enjoyed it. After a few laps of that I took the Grp A version of it around and thoroughly loved it  Cool I think a race series using them again would be good fun and close racing.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2018, 10:00:32 AM +0100 »

Whilst I admit I haven’t tried it, a SEAT Leon doesn’t inspire me in any way to sim race it  Sad did I miss a test race with it? Always happy to try one out and be proved wrong  Wink but not sure it will have mass appeal either  Undecided
We did, https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15043.0

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2018, 10:28:58 AM +0100 »

Whilst I admit I haven’t tried it, a SEAT Leon doesn’t inspire me in any way to sim race it  Sad did I miss a test race with it? Always happy to try one out and be proved wrong  Wink but not sure it will have mass appeal either  Undecided

In russian league this champ was one of the best for pilots in ages. So sorry that i was not joined here due other series joined. SEAT Leon is very competible car and guys had a lot of fun in close battles. Easy setup and not so hard to drive. When you drive it being lonely- it will be not so interesting. This car disigned for online battles with others. But you can check it  with AI race, Mark  Wink As i see in UKAC fun race with this car some earlier- UKAC pilots was satisfied in race too  Smiley
PS Agree, BMW e30 is good car.. But i'we done 3 champs on it in AC time in years. For me is enough?  Grin  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:35:09 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2018, 10:49:07 AM +0100 »

hi lads. I am fine with a series with either the Seat Leon or the F3 cars.
However, there are still some other nice cars to try, like the Huracan ST or Lotus Evora GX. And don't forget about the Porsche 718 RS60. A real nice car for racing.

Still liking the idea of a F312T vs Lotus 72D or a 90's DTM championship though..

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2018, 11:52:24 AM +0100 »

hi lads.
Still liking the idea of a F312T vs Lotus 72D or a 90's DTM championship though..
Hi Stefan. Smiley
 IMHO , after summer days of relacs, drinks and uncontrolable sex in green fields, woods and dirt  Cheesy,  we should use a simple driving champ cars for warmup . Otherwise it will be big shock for pilots   Grin and grid will be not so filled after 1-2 races.  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2018, 12:14:14 PM +0100 »

But can the 312 race the L72 competitively? 90’s DTM would be fun but again I don’t think the 3 cars in AC can race each other (the biggest frustration about this sim and Iracing)

Will try out the two mod cars (seat and Rs formula)

But I agree with Baikal to keep a simple to setup and race closely format car (at least for a modern series). I wish the p330 could race the gt40 and p908 for a good new historical series  Roll Eyes

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2018, 12:40:56 PM +0100 »

I think everyone came away from the TCR test race wanting to race them in a series. SRW and Jeff were fighting to see who wanted to run it!

As cars they are not special to drive and actually not as extreme as other touring cars, was expecting them to have more instability to them.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2018, 12:43:18 PM +0100 »

d. Castle Combe

There is a Castle Combe for Assetto? Please tell me where I can download this iconic race track from. Best track in the world. ( Note. I might be biased as I live only a few miles from it  Roll Eyes )

Found it https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/castle-combe-circuit.14612/update?update=25211

Isn't this based on the utterly rubbish version that was on GTR2 as well? One of the worst mod tracks I've ever driven.
If not I'll have to have a go as I've done 100's of laps at trackdays and have spent about 5 years marshalling there as it''s my local..

*Edit* another vote for the TCR's here. What Spanner said basically. I thought the whole point of racing was to have some cose racing - that is exactly what these give
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:48:40 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com