The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 11:10:35 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12336 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2018, 11:39:38 AM +0100 »

How is the TCR mod coming along Baikal? Any news? Smiley
Mod is incoming! Hard work in last month going to end. Realy it will be a 11 full equal phisics TCR cars.
All cars will be on Hankook tyres )  My job is done here- waiting for edited skins from my mate ( for tire manufactureres editing)
Sorry - i was far from our forum due a busy in pack making. )  Tons of car bugs was fixed and now all is clear )
So MarkJ may be... TCR fun races or small champ on AC laserscans short tracks or other HI QUALITY track mods? I think it will be 2-3 days for pack ready to test here  Smiley  
PS This cars is well compatible with standart tracks like a silverstone GP ( not only for short tracks) , imho. Zandvoort for example. A lot of top quality laserscans in in AC stock- not need to seach any other for this case,  imho)  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:01:37 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2018, 12:43:56 PM +0100 »

Not me I still love the gt3 cars. What ruined it last time we ran them is a few aliens found out the Huracan was way quicker than the rest of the pack and it all got a bit tetchy.

Are you capable to leave these bullxxxxs apart Mark? Show us how fast are you instead of accusing "few aliens" to have made an unfair choice. And show us that the Huracan is the fastest of the GT3 cars. I mean EVIDENCE, not your usual alligations.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2018, 01:50:52 PM +0100 »

Are you capable to leave these bullxxxxs apart Mark? Show us how fast are you instead of accusing "few aliens" to have made an unfair choice. And show us that the Huracan is the fastest of the GT3 cars. I mean EVIDENCE, not your usual alligations.

At CORE they balanced some GT3 cars like this:

GT3:: (Audi R8 LMS (25KG), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 (20% restrictor, 10KG), Mercedes AMG GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3 (10% restrictor, 10KG), Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (30KG)).

I still believe the 650 is the fastest, but behind that, it's a pretty close call I think. I think the VDA guys would have dominated in just about any car, maybe not the Nissan tho  Tongue.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2018, 07:00:19 PM +0100 »

Not me I still love the gt3 cars. What ruined it last time we ran them is a few aliens found out the Huracan was way quicker than the rest of the pack and it all got a bit tetchy.

Jeez why the hostility? I'm very aware i'm not on you guys pace! And I am always thankful of the help some of you give us mortals with setup help on occasion. I cant remember the issues at the time but thought it was the other fast guys who complained about you fast Italians taking the Huracan?.  I only stated what I did above as I remember the first time we ran a Blancpain series everyone loved it and we had big grids, yet second time around it became a sh*t-storm of arguing about the performance of various cars, to the point where I felt totally deflated trying to run a series anymore here.
Sorry for any offence Manteos (and other aliens), none intended.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2018, 08:30:01 PM +0100 »

Mark, what is really annoying by my point of view is the FACT that me and the other VDA chaps ALWAYS tried to be fair in their car choice or groupings, or even with the legendary Legzy's token system here on SROUK. I always appreciate when I have someone to fight against, because it's sad to race alone. Is the opposite of competition. We always (as a team) helped everyone here to match our performance with the fastest guys, especially inthe old P&G' champs.
The annoying sentence was that "few aliens found out the Huracan was way quicker than the rest of the pack". This is a FULL bullsxxt. I came back to the online racing on AC just before that champ, and my only experience in AC was with the 3 original DTM. It reminds me that "funny" guy of Peyo Peev in CORE GT3 that "found out" at Imola and Monza that the 650S was slower than Lambo and decided to pick the Lambo, stating that it was the fastest car of the pack! Is quite a strange thing that he didn't pick the Lambo at Silverstone, Spa,  Nurburgring, Mugello, Barcelona GP and Brands Hatch. What a pleasure it was to beat him on the same car in that race at Monza! I'll never forget that race and my overtake on him at the Roggia chicane. My best overtake ever! What a bliss!
I think Jeffrey should figure out how happy I was in that occasion  Grin

We proposed a ballasts depending on the result of the race to balance the car in subsequent races. I did a proposal to change car every race to reshuffle the performance of the drivers. We encouraged Felix to change its car (I agree with Jeff on Nissan Wink. I don't know how many discussion we had on these issues. The simply and pure truth is that we tried the only two italian cars of the pack before making our choice and we found out that we preferred to drive the Lambo. That's it. Evenmore I even clarified with Chris Redman after ours longlasting discussion here. So I really don't see the point in what you stated some posts before.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2018, 09:06:57 PM +0100 »

All taken onboard Matteo, I already apologised, but I just worded it wrong. I think at the time it was other fast guys complaining that you fast guys in a Huracan had an advantage and then everyone was arguing about car performances. (Which hadn’t happened in the first Blancpain series). I just remember at the time it was dispiriting  Sad

Core seem to have done their own BoP, did it work? Not that it matters as we probably won’t need to run gt3 series cars again in regular AC once ACC comes out.

At Baikal, yes we can run the TCR mod series on a bi-weekly basis alternating with a historic series preferably. Not sure I could stomach Euro-hot hatches every week  Grin Though if more prefer it we will just run a straight 6-8 week series. I’ll do a poll  Wink

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2018, 09:52:42 PM +0100 »

Core seem to have done their own BoP, did it work? Not that it matters as we probably won’t need to run gt3 series cars again in regular AC once ACC comes out.

There were very few drivers on that champ to judge that BoP. Car performance, as usual, depends on the track you race. Mercedes was faster in Jeff's hands at Road Atlanta and in Maikel's hands at Circuit of the Americas. Lambo was fater at Road America. They were really close at Virginia raceway. In he other races there were too few drivers to give a judgement of the BoP. And the fastest driver of the pack were on Mercedes (Jeff & Maikel) or Lambo (Me, Michele and Armando)

A champ that will start soon in Italy will adopt a BoP too. I will let you know after the pre-qualify session which is because it's clear that it will be modified given that the BMW seems to be the fastest choice. Just to have an idea you can see how "alien" I am in a champ with some of the fastest guys in Italy => http://144.76.93.183:50041/lapstat. You have to go to page 3 to find my name  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2018, 07:59:47 AM +0100 »

Ironically, I was much faster in the Nissan.
Go figure  Cheesy

We don't have to do GT3 anyway, there're other modern Gt single make cars in AC I seem to remember
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2018, 03:01:52 PM +0100 »

We don't have to do GT3 anyway, there're other modern Gt single make cars in AC I seem to remember

I agree. Maybe with some ballast depending on race results to reshuffle the performance after some races.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2018, 11:55:35 AM +0000 »

Anyone tried out the Lotus Evora GTC or Exige V6 yet?  Any thoughts? I think they will both make a good spec series.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:17 PM +0000 »

GTC for me. Modern racing car with short time paddles . Needs more test for all here. I have a questions to default ( not so good? ) setup, aero balance and tyres ( s,m,h)
ExigeV6 is civil car with old style car behavieur, very looooooooooooow speed paddles and road- semislicks choice. For fun races only, IMHO. I will not drive here. We have Classic series for it  Smiley
Mark, what race format it will be? May be vote?  For me ( again) 2 races\reversed still in favor. We still need to learn to be patient and correct in driving here  Grin
I wants to see faster guys testing results  in GTC car. Soft rear tyres is in fire after 1 lap but have strange low wear here. But anyway we have M and H here  Smiley
PS Bad is this cars have only simple colours 10 skins ( due Lotus licence limitations). But i hope that FMG will paint all 30 cars with top quality full coloured skins. Cool
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:49:58 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2018, 02:19:51 PM +0000 »

i was intending to look on RD for a skin pack in the hope that someone has already done it Smiley  but otherwise well volunteered FMG  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2018, 06:03:36 PM +0000 »

Bugger off - I'm still backing up and rebuilding the pc Tongue
It takes long enough to do just 1 car!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2018, 07:07:16 PM +0000 »

That’s what I love about this site, the sheer willingness to pitch in and help out  Roll Eyes laugh

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2018, 07:14:49 PM +0000 »

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lada-2101-a2-group.17475/ or this one https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rallylegends-mod-lancia-delta-s4-hillclimb-version-v-1-0.22780/  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:17:25 PM +0000 by KDiesel » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com