The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 11:32:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12339 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2018, 08:02:28 PM +0000 »

pass on those I think KD...though do love a Lancia Delta  Cool

I found a skinpack and a load of custom skins on RD for the Evora so we are good for a race series   Smiley

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2018, 08:02:44 PM +0000 »

i was intending to look on RD for a skin pack in the hope that someone has already done it Smiley  but otherwise well volunteered FMG  Grin
There are quite a few skins for this car over at RD.
Otherwise I would agree, the Evora GTC is a great car to drive and made for close racing (still waiting for a LMP1 series tho, but I also understand why these cars aren't well-suited for league racing Cheesy )
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:22 PM +0000 »

btw: Does anybody know what the physic differences are between the GTC and GX version? The GX looks a bit cooler with the yellow headlights Grin

Edit: The ingame description says:
The GX and GTC Evoras are an advanced version of the Evora GT4 Enduro car. With wider wheels and stunning moulded wheel arches to cover them, the GX and GTC cars offer even greater levels of grip, both when cornering or accelerating, to the already outstanding performance of the Enduro car
Lotus Evora GTC: "The GTC version is powered by a slightly more peaky engine. ABS and Traction Control are fitted and equipped with GT3 type of tyres and 92 liters of fuel tank."

Lotus Evora GX: The GX version is powered by a slightly less powerful but more torquey engine. Has a bit better aerodynamics but no ABS or Traction Control. It is equipped with some compounds of the GT2 type of tyres and 120 liters of fuel tank."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:58:42 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:38 PM +0000 »

The GX was used in America, the GTC is the euro flavour. I looked on a Lotus website earlier today  smartass

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2018, 09:12:01 PM +0000 »

pass on those I think KD...though do love a Lancia Delta  Cool

I found a skinpack and a load of custom skins on RD for the Evora so we are good for a race series   Smiley

I just did series with Evora in other league, it wasn´t close racing and car was ok but bit boring. I personally like something silly and/or exciting...
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:08 PM +0000 »

So... GX on American tracks it Is!  Grin

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2018, 04:50:24 AM +0000 »

I just did series with Evora in other league, it wasn´t close racing and car was ok but bit boring. I personally like something silly and/or exciting...
It's true. For 1 race format.  Wink
But if we will drive 2x20 reversed it will be the other thing, no ? Smiley
IMHO it will be very close to what we had in TCR. But more unpredictable cars due these different setups and driver's hands and brain. Only for high quality ppl grid approved. But i am not so sure of that in case of last Magione TCR races  Cheesy
Main thing in 2 races reverse format is wariness. Stupid mistakes was done by pilots due these bad wariness. They may be need to use Helicorsa or CarRadar app.
And yes, Evoras needs ( like in TCR) very good tracks surface quality due big overall stiffness of car suspention.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:15:54 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2018, 07:19:03 AM +0000 »

I hadn’t been intending to run the evoras in a 2x20 minute format but guess its an option to keep the racing close and exciting  Undecided
They are basically gt4 cars so shouldn’t be dull.

I had hoped to test a few tracks last night but had to spend an hour watching replay incidents from magione instead Roll Eyes
I may use a couple of US tracks mixed in with some euro circuits.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2018, 07:58:34 AM +0000 »

Mark, simple do Vote for race formats in Evoras and we will see.
I'll repeat- this car has an improved grip due more wider tyres. Easyer to drive. It's good and fun to race close. Closest racing and full of battles is more possible in 2 race reverse format. For single hotlaps this cars is not looking so good- we will have an annoing hotlaps here in overall. No intriga for me here.  Smiley
As i see , most pilots like this 2 races format. Why not to share it in modern to have more fun?
Ps This questions is very important for me due i wants to race in favorite for me formats and cars due i am racing in deepest night and loosing my health and rl rithm here.  So, sorry for manywords coming from me in case of cars\tracks\formats initial choice  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:12:00 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2018, 03:06:14 PM +0000 »

Any ideas for next week? I don't think a new series has been decides yet, so I guess a fun race in which case I suggest the DTM with the mentioned ballast.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2018, 04:04:21 PM +0000 »

Any ideas for next week? I don't think a new series has been decides yet, so I guess a fun race in which case I suggest the DTM with the mentioned ballast.

Let´s do something stupid, group C @ monaco?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:30 PM +0000 »

Stupid you say?
Reliant Robins at Newbury.
Transits anywhere.
4x4's some place offroad   Grin

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2018, 05:22:22 PM +0000 »

blimey you lot are impatient, not even had this weeks race yet!

I was intending on running a couple of fun races for next couple of weeks while i test tracks out for the upcoming Alfa and Evora championships.

Mustangs at Riverside or Road Atlanta was one i had in mind and maybe a Mclaren road car spec race., but yes could do a DTM test race with the ballast added to the Alfa & Merc.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2018, 06:16:40 PM +0000 »

Fun races are perfect for testing balance and interest.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:43 PM +0000 »

Stupid you say?
Reliant Robins at Newbury.
Transits anywhere.
4x4's some place offroad   Grin

Transits, I'm in!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com