The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 02:15:25 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12363 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2018, 04:25:53 PM +0000 »

Looks good, worth a try along with the kunos cars.  Smiley But will have to be 2 wks time when Petes about for server settings

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2018, 06:32:02 PM +0000 »

in case anyone thinks im resting on my laurels, I have now tested over 27 tracks in offline test races with the Alfa and another 18 circuits for the Evoras over the last couple of weeks Shocked  surrender

Both cars are pretty cool for racing.  Smiley
I will stick to the 2x20 format for the Alfas as that works great for close tin-top racing. But i'm not sure that works so well for the Evoras as they are better stretching their legs a bit so am thinking a single 40min race. I could mix it up a bit and use 2x20 at slightly smaller tracks like Oulton Park but it would be a bit naff at somewhere like Spa or Suzuka. I'm also thinking of having an hour long special at Bathurst as the Evoras work well there. Cool

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2018, 06:44:49 PM +0000 »

in case anyone thinks im resting on my laurels, I have now tested over 27 tracks in offline test races with the Alfa and another 18 circuits for the Evoras over the last couple of weeks Shocked  surrender

Both cars are pretty cool for racing.  Smiley
I will stick to the 2x20 format for the Alfas as that works great for close tin-top racing. But i'm not sure that works so well for the Evoras as they are better stretching their legs a bit so am thinking a single 40min race. I could mix it up a bit and use 2x20 at slightly smaller tracks like Oulton Park but it would be a bit naff at somewhere like Spa or Suzuka. I'm also thinking of having an hour long special at Bathurst as the Evoras work well there. Cool
I just want to kiss you for you hard work for us!
I believe you will find a best way here yes
Long races in evora may be need a more longer format with pit. Due a med tyre wears. Not tested hards. IMHO it will be near the same to GT3 tyres. Meds - approx 40-50 minutes max if i'm not lying.
Yeah, Bathurst will be good, may be pits and 1.5 hours?
For me combined race format is good too. IMHO Main thing here is to make races as fun as possible. Real life formats for me is not so important in simracing in compare to fun, full of pilots grids and fights.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:57:00 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2018, 08:42:33 PM +0000 »

Am wondering whether to delay the new championships until January  Undecided  With busy December approaching for most folks I wonder if it might impact grid turn outs too much. Whats the general consensus? Im guessing there are only about 4-5 weds to fill up before Christmas after this week. Could run some fun and test races or is everyone chomping for some series action?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2018, 09:46:31 PM +0000 »

Am wondering whether to delay the new championships until January  Undecided  With busy December approaching for most folks I wonder if it might impact grid turn outs too much. Whats the general consensus? Im guessing there are only about 4-5 weds to fill up before Christmas after this week. Could run some fun and test races or is everyone chomping for some series action?

I am fine with either. Do you already know the full ins and outs of the new season?

If you are going to do fun races, I would use them for BOP tests.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2018, 01:18:54 PM +0000 »

I suggest fun races like:

Alfa with 20x20 format.
DTM with add on cars and BOP
Evora's with 20x20 format
72d vs 312.
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2018, 01:33:44 PM +0000 »

Am wondering whether to delay the new championships until January  Undecided  With busy December approaching for most folks I wonder if it might impact grid turn outs too much. Whats the general consensus? Im guessing there are only about 4-5 weds to fill up before Christmas after this week. Could run some fun and test races or is everyone chomping for some series action?

I would prefer to start the new series in january. The Christmas/new year time ist indeed quite busy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:57:57 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:44 PM +0000 »

agree with the old F1 and DTM tests. Alfa is a dead cert at 2x20 so don't need to test that. Evoras at 2x20 could be worth a test.

I didn't really want to lose the momentum of good regular grids which is why I am a bit hesitant to run a load of fun/test races but like I said, we are now on the hectic Christmas run down for most folks and I think grids would suffer anyway.  Undecided

I tried the F312 at Imola '72 the other day and that works (naturally), so could be a good track to test the two on  Smiley

We will run a DTM test race next week and throw in the Sierra as well to see how it fares v the other cars.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2018, 05:07:57 PM +0000 »

I'm also for the new series in january.
I agree with the Jeff's suggest, maybe we can add also some cars to test:
-Maserati 250F (really funny and not so hard)
-Porsche 917K in some fast old track.

DTM cars are considered "modern stuff", right?

PS: I will miss the mustang race because i'm not interested in these cars; I'm sorry.  Undecided
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2018, 05:30:12 PM +0000 »

I'm actually chugging slowly through a potential series I was going to try to flog into our spare sunday slot.....

That's not ready to sell yet as I'm still testing things, but I have a potentially fun single event that could be used as a pre-cursor to the 250F's if we use them for something fun..
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2018, 07:11:16 AM +0000 »

Both variants are suitable for me ( champs before or after new year)  Smiley
IMHO for  ppl in overall will be better to have fun races till january.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2018, 07:49:11 AM +0000 »

Ginetta G55 Feels good 
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2018, 10:17:12 AM +0000 »

Ginetta G55 Feels good  

Yeah that car could make for another good spec series. But don’t we have to be rich teenagers?  Grin

Caterhams could be a blast too  Smiley

And yes based on most of feedback here I will delay new series until January and we can try some fun combos in December.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2018, 09:57:38 PM +0000 »

Has anyone tried the rs500 mod car yet? Alexey can you interrogate the model? Want to include it in the dtm test but not if it’s cr*p  Tongue

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2018, 11:14:47 PM +0000 »

Has anyone tried the rs500 mod car yet? Alexey can you interrogate the model? Want to include it in the dtm test but not if it’s cr*p  Tongue
Just downloaded and tested. DTM90 variant. IMHO- its a not good choice for Kunos DTM family due many car phisics aspects in suspentions, handling ( for me), turbo enabled, laptimes. Car data is not packed to asd file, so, its open for cheating. As i see in support thread, author is not very experienced modeller, still have many requests for fix cars from more experienced modellers. 
I do not recommend use it in our fun races. May be only as a single car.  Smiley I an is not interesting to drive it after couple of laps in silverstone.
It's only my opinion btw.  Smiley   

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com