The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:42:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12342 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2018, 08:26:25 AM +0000 »

Thanks Alexey but sounds like it could be a lame duck. I will install it and give it a try with the Kunos DTM cars. Most of the reviews were good to be fair, just complaining that he kept updating it  Tongue  But think it has a base cockpit so not so good for us Rift users.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2018, 09:11:52 AM +0000 »

...Most of the reviews were good to be fair,
The Reviews thread is always has a good or very good feedback. It's a RD tradition and it's good  Wink
The Support thread is always has a more objective and more true info for mods and it's good too   Smiley 

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2018, 10:35:54 AM +0000 »

I just tried out the Ginetta mod and it is fantastic, so realistic. Will make a great spec series with these, high end mod  Smiley

Also tried the Caterham Academy car, again another great fun car for a spec racing series. Nice controllable power and caterham handling, great quality mod  Smiley

Also tried the same authors 420R race car Caterham. As the academy but more grunt. Only prob with this car is he's left the source code open (could cause cheating? - can we lock this out?) and at present only support paddle shift (but this can be tweaked in the drivers.ini I believe to give you stick shift). Car model looks superb.

More ammo for future series  thumbup1

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2018, 11:55:27 AM +0000 »

Sounds good!  Smiley

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2018, 12:59:14 PM +0000 »

Also tried the Caterham Academy car, again another great fun car for a spec racing series. Nice controllable power and caterham handling, great quality mod  Smiley

Also tried the same authors 420R race car Caterham. As the academy but more grunt. Only prob with this car is he's left the source code open (could cause cheating? - can we lock this out?) and at present only support paddle shift (but this can be tweaked in the drivers.ini I believe to give you stick shift). Car model looks superb.

More ammo for future series  thumbup1

Yes, Caterham are good. I use sometimes offline for fun the Caterham 1700 Super Sprint. I prefer that than Accademy version for design and it is also a bit powerfull. These cars are cool in slow and narrow tracks, like Montecarlo.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:47:09 PM +0000 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2018, 05:03:42 PM +0000 »

I just tried out the Ginetta mod and it is fantastic, so realistic. Will make a great spec series with these, high end mod  Smiley

Also tried the Caterham Academy car, again another great fun car for a spec racing series. Nice controllable power and caterham handling, great quality mod  Smiley

More ammo for future series  thumbup1

Ginneta's used to be epic - haven't tried a recent build in a while now though.

Caterhams are good, but none of them are spec'ed close enough to my old Westfield to make me happy.
They're either too fast or too slow and they all have the wrong number of gears! Grin

As for the Sierrra, it drives like an 80's/90's turbo Ford. Goes like stink in a straight line once on boost, but feels like you're doing hard cornering on a pogo stick.
In other words it handles just like old 500's I've seen at classic events still do Wink
The cockpit isn't amazing, but we've driven far worse mods in the past without anyone caring.
Only thing I haven't done with it is a back to back against/with the other cars yet..
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2018, 08:08:19 PM +0000 »

any clue as to where the sierra can be chosen from in game? I installed it and can see it in my content/cars folder but it doesn't appear under 'ford' in game nor anywhere else I could see  Huh

Just tried a grid of the dtm cars at Oschersleben (this track took me back to early GTR days!) , forgot how great they look and sound, plus the handling is good fun  Cool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:48 AM +0000 »

Sure you've put it in the right place? the 4 variants will appear in the ford section in game.

The zip folder you downloaded will have 4 RAR files in it - sure you haven't simply put those in your cars folder?
They need to be unrar'ed and then dumped into the cars directory
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2018, 02:39:14 PM +0000 »

i didnt install all variants, i took the dtm rar out and extracted that to my cars folder. I can see it there (un-packed) so no idea why it doesnt appear in game. Maybe it needs all 4 rars installed  Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2018, 02:47:43 PM +0000 »

Ginetta's are  good, I enjoyed them at Core and I should have a nice setup for it, unless they are changed.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2018, 04:04:15 PM +0000 »

This is a new Ginetta mod, improved over the early version. Really feels like a good Kunos car with improved engine/transmission sounds. It was developed with bonafide Ginetta race engineer input i believe. Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2018, 04:44:45 PM +0000 »

What Ginetta are you guys talking about? 55?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4-2017.19598/
This?
Yes, Shaun all the way contacting to real race guys  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2018, 06:11:48 PM +0000 »

What Ginetta are you guys talking about? 55?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-g55-gt4-2017.19598/
This?
Yes, Shaun all the way contacting to real race guys  Smiley

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-supercup-2017.17522/
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2018, 11:13:28 PM +0000 »

Today has been released the v.2.0 of the GPL mod for Assetto Corsa, for the joy of Fabri Grin

It would be cool to do a fun race with it Cool

Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RBP0qdP84

Download link GPL mod v.20 http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tdbix7anv93dv0/20181123+AC+1967+GPL2.0+Mod+%2B+install+notes.rar

See you Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2018, 10:14:13 AM +0000 »

Thanks Manteos, I know what I'm doing today  Grin

*edit*
Sod the fun race, I'm up for the full season. Time for Hiki Waza to properly take over AC Tongue
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:37:15 AM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com