The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 09:13:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Next series  (Read 12322 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2018, 12:59:55 PM +0000 »

I've never been a fan of the lotus 49, but the fast that these cars have different handling sounds good. There might be a car in there that suits me more. If they are all balanced, I feel a Christmas special coming?   Tongue
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2018, 01:07:59 PM +0000 »

They seem fairly balanced based on a quick go in 4 or them earlier.
They deffinately drive differently, the BRM's a smile a minute due to the boat anchor in the boot  laugh
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2018, 07:22:35 PM +0000 »

Just watched the YouTube vid, could be fun. We can definitely run a fun race with them one week soon, maybe the week after the Dtm test race.

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2018, 09:21:54 PM +0000 »

My server is open at Silverstone 1967 with all 10 GPL 2.0 mod cars if anyone is interested in testing them.  Search "CC Racers - GP LEGENDS"
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2018, 03:29:24 PM +0000 »

Can someone remind what ballast was needed to bring the dtm cars into line? 90kg in the Alfa I think but what was the Mercs? If I get a chance to try the Sierra today I might add that just for the test

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2018, 04:21:49 PM +0000 »

Can someone remind what ballast was needed to bring the dtm cars into line? 90kg in the Alfa I think but what was the Mercs? If I get a chance to try the Sierra today I might add that just for the test

I think Merc needed 20kg.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2018, 05:31:20 PM +0000 »

I think Merc needed 20kg.

That would be correct.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2018, 06:38:20 PM +0000 »

you guys will be pleased to see this week is DTM 1990's style  euro go fill your boots  Smiley

I included the Sierra Cosworth as it seemed to fit perfectly with the other DTM cars in my two test races at different tracks  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2018, 08:47:41 PM +0000 »

They seem fairly balanced based on a quick go in 4 or them earlier.
They deffinately drive differently, the BRM's a smile a minute due to the boat anchor in the boot  laugh

Been eagerly awaiting this update and it doesn't disappoint  Smiley I've driven all the cars now on a couple of very different tracks and they do vary in feel and performance as you'd expect. They are not hard to drive but putting in fast and consistent lap times is not easy and I get the feeling driver skill and setup/practice time could negate any performance differences between the cars.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2018, 11:20:33 PM +0000 »

I had tryed the GPL mod too. I took a few days to try out the cars and get an idea about them. Thank you, Matteo, for have linked the mod and having thought of me.  Kiss

I was quite strict with the prototypes mod and I must be too with this, in some things.
Graphic is really bad and far below the level of Kunos cars. Cockpits are truly awful (probably used parts of GPL-cockpits). In some cars I don't see the RPM instrument, it is covered. In this mod body animations are good instead.

Sounds are good and in some cars really good, just few and small problems with echo/doppler (in BRM for ex.) or obfuscated suffused at some RPM (really small in Cooper for ex.). In any case, the sounds are good and cool, as said before.

Physic seems really good, very good. Each cars have a different and detailed handling. The ffb (which often gives problems in the mods) here is great and the feeling is exceptional, I would say a job at the same level of AC.
Cars are fantastic to drive!

As for the mod prototypes (but also for many AC cars of the same category, ex. DTM, etc. etc.), the cars are not balanced and have different lap times (not as much as I though). This is realistic.
This is realistic but makes it difficult to do championships in AC. AC-players are used to racing all with the same car, even small differences on the lap can create controversy, usually. Here is the success of the TCR mod.

I did several laps on Ceolmor's server and in fact some random players were concerned that the cars were not balanced.

I think, have cars slower and some faster is not a problem; there are several solutions for this, often already experienced in the past:
-a season using more cars, old GPL way, ect etc.
-give the faster cars to the usually slower players, and the slow cars to the fast players.
-random car for pilots
-etc etc.

I think the third option is the most interesting. If a pilot has assigned a BRM, his goal will be to aim for some podium during the season and finish the championship in the middle of the standings. Who will have the Lotus, will simply have to try to dominate.
I understand, however, that probably for who find no stimulant racing for positions out of the points (and so want points for all), will not like this option. Smiley

For a completely even championship, just take a car and use different skins.  Cheesy

PS: on the "install and notes" file there is a list of tracks for do the '67 season, and they are the same that we thought.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:55 AM +0000 »

good review Fabri, thanks. I might run these next week as a test race. Any track you particularly recommend as a good test bed?
Shame the graphics arent top notch, i am a bit fussy about poor gfx as they can spoil the driving experience (for me anyway), especailly using a Rift.  Lets hope some artists get to work on the cockpits.

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 27, 2018, 12:14:40 PM +0000 »

Nice review Fabri.  I agree the in-cockpit graphics could be better, and the rev counters being obscured is irritating, but they have said that they will continue to work on some of the cars graphics.

If Fabri, or anyone, wants to compare laptimes, go to http://managerdc4.rackservice.org:50359/lapstat?page=0
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2018, 01:10:52 PM +0000 »

Mark, I don't know what track is better for a good comparison and event. About AC-track, Old Silverstone can be good, Brands Hatch is more technique so pilot's skill is more evident, Monza instead is too fast (giving advantage to fast cars). Maybe also the modern Imola is a good test bench. If you want try a mod-track, I insist with Zolder 67.  Grin

Ceolmor, if possible, can you put the grip always at 100%? It is better for have a perfect idea with laptimes.

This mod need work on cockpit, needs good 3D artists. I am surprised by this problem, also because the cockpits of these cars are very simple, having few tools/instuments.

A stupid question, Lotus 49 and Ferrari in this mod are the same (same performance) of those of AC? I have no try them.
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2018, 01:35:22 PM +0000 »

Ceolmor, if possible, can you put the grip always at 100%? It is better for have a perfect idea with laptimes.

Done (I think.)  If you have any other requests for the server (different track maybe) let me know.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2018, 02:20:21 PM +0000 »

Imola '72 is also pretty good  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com