The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 10:00:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A5 Laguna Seca: September 27, 2017
September 27, 2017, 08:30:09 PM +0100 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKAC Season 5
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 2 +0.206
---
1 45:35.432
---
32 1:24.464
---
Dunlop  
Felix Simoes

Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 1 1:23.409
---
2 +18.613
---
32 1:23.863
---
Dunlop  
ChrisR

Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 3 +0.717
---
3 +19.156
---
32 1:23.961
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 6 +1.315
---
4 +52.055
---
32 1:24.866
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 7 +2.076
---
5 +1:11.838
---
32 1:24.652
---
Dunlop  
Sutol

Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 9 +2.589
---
6 +1L
---
31 1:26.788
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 8 +2.542
---
7 +2L
---
30 1:27.572
---
Dunlop  
nfsw55

Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 5 +1.256
---
8 +24.674
---
30 1:24.861
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 13 +9.129
---
9 +3L
---
29 1:30.051
---
Dunlop  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 14 +27:45:16.590
---
10 +4L
---
28 1:29.210
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 4 +0.765
---
11 +13L
---
19 1:24.291
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 11 +3.932
---
12 +36.921
---
19 1:27.081
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 12 +4.686
---
13 +16L
---
16 1:26.521
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} 10 +3.878
---
14 +26L
---
6 1:29.539
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Glickenhaus SCG003 {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 4s

Simon Gymer pushes NFS off the track.
NFS car is invisible toother drivers
ANother unfortunate result of an unusual net bug. No Penalties

• nfsw55advice — Pushed off track by SImon
  • Simon Gymercaution — Pushes NFS off track

Server replay time: 45s

MJ nerfs NFS from behind.
NFS is car is invisible to other drivers
Unfortunate and unusual bug. No Penalties

Server replay time: 94s

Apextech turned into NFS causing him to go off
NFS car is not visible to other drivers. Unfortunate result of an unusual bug so no penalties required.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 5 Glickenhaus SCG003 - Laguna Seca - Sep 27  (Read 4052 times)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 09:34:52 AM +0100 »

Just to say that I was experiencing the same situation described by nfsw with Jeffrey's car. Sometimes your car disappeared in front of me during the first laps until you were in sight... Then your car definitely disappeared Grin

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:19 AM +0100 »

Well, that was a bit frustrating in the end. It was clear from the first moment I started practicing for this race that the winner would be the one that did less mistakes. And that person was Jeffrey. So I think the victory was totally deserved by Jeffrey!  Smiley

I tried to keep a fast enough pace to make sure I'd be free from any attacks. In the beginning I was a bit pressured by Chris but after he spun I try to manage the distance to Jeffrey. When I spun I wasn't pushing too hard but I went a bit too wide on the second to last corner touched the gravel on the outside and immediately lost control of the car. After that I wasn't too far behind Jeffrey, but we had to pass a few back markers and that prevented to really ever get close enough to Jeffrey. Then on the last lap when I was pushing really hard on very worn out tires I did the same mistake and spun out again. Luckily Chris was too far behind and I kept the second place.

I've heard this track is coming out as an official add on to AC. But if that's not the case, I ask the organisers to never use this mod again. Visually it's quite good but the bumps are over exaggerated and some parts (like the cork screw) are way off in comparison to laser scanned versions of this track. And the worst part is that everything that's not tarmac is gravel... seriously?!?!? I remember a mod like this, but it was 10 years ago on GTR2. Nowadays it's not acceptable to do such a lazy job. It's easy to find enough information online (youtube?) and see that there's dirt around the track before the gravel pits.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:31:06 AM +0100 by Felix Simoes » Logged
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 10:37:14 AM +0100 »

Just a couple of things I noticed. Just before the race Jeffery's ping went up to circa 250 (didn't notice in race though). Then Felix asked me on Teamspeak why I had just left the server, which I hadn't. During the race I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary though. Agree with Felix though this track is not up to standard and will defo look forward to another outing on the AC version when it is released.

Still learning so be patient
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 11:19:00 AM +0100 »

I've heard this track is coming out as an official add on to AC. But if that's not the case, I ask the organisers to never use this mod again. Visually it's quite good but the bumps are over exaggerated and some parts (like the cork screw) are way off in comparison to laser scanned versions of this track. And the worst part is that everything that's not tarmac is gravel... seriously?!?!? I remember a mod like this, but it was 10 years ago on GTR2. Nowadays it's not acceptable to do such a lazy job. It's easy to find enough information online (youtube?) and see that there's dirt around the track before the gravel pits.

Could be that the problems we had were track related. Same as with Poznan, where cars disappear when they hit curbs. It's a shame these things can only come to light during an online race, as I obviously didn't experience this offline and I didn't read anything about it in the reviews.

The track looks pretty bumpy in real life, but you could be right that they are exaggerated in this mod. I don't know, maybe that or these cars just can't handle bumps very well. To me it didn't feel that much bumpier than Zandvoort.
I always remember the sand next to the track as being gravel, that's how it was indeed with every mod track this far, so I thought it was how it was supposed to be  Embarrassed.

I won't use this track anymore, same goes for Poznan. Both get good reviews but have some weird issues. Let's wait and see how the official version is.

Track selection is the hardest part for me about these series. I don't want to use the same stock content over and over again so I have to revert to mod tracks. Kinda makes me nervous about the Lotus series, which contains a lot of mod tracks  surrender .
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:21 AM +0100 »

I think it was a combo of a slightly poor mod surface and that the Glick is better suited to smooth tarmac tracks . It felt pretty awful in the final downhill sector.
Next two rounds should suit it perfectly  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 11:43:04 AM +0100 »

Go for it Jeff, as we use 3rd party tracks we'll learn which work well and which don't. It made last night's race more challenging but was nsfw's disappearance track or game related?

I found the Rift too uncomfortable and switched back to using the monitor last night. At least I could do that Wink not sure what you'd do real world!

Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:09 PM +0100 »

Track selection is the hardest part for me about these series. I don't want to use the same stock content over and over again so I have to revert to mod tracks. Kinda makes me nervous about the Lotus series, which contains a lot of mod tracks  surrender .

Please don't get me wrong. It was not a complaint/critic to the organisation (I think you're doing a good job and totally respect it). It was more a request for future races.  Wink

Here you can see clearly were it's just dirt and where are the gravel pits
https://www.youtube.com/embed/nA0Oo9dLf7A
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:34:35 PM +0100 by Felix Simoes » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 01:43:36 PM +0100 »

Please don't get me wrong. It was not a complaint/critic to the organisation (I think you're doing a good job and totally respect it). It was more a request for future races.  Wink

Here you can see clearly were it's just dirt and where are the gravel pits
https://www.youtube.com/embed/nA0Oo9dLf7A

Wasn't taken as a complaint and you were right Smiley. I now see what you mean by the sand/gravel. Never saw it on other onboards, but this one is really clear on that. Track won't be picked by me anymore, that's for sure. It just annoys me that this track gets such high ratings and nobody mentions the issues we had  Undecided.
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 04:50:11 PM +0100 »

I probably know what caused my issues yesterday. Normally I'm using a wlan connection, but for online racing I'm switching to a Lan connection. Yesterday I forgot to switch between both and connected to the server with my wlan connection. Later in the practice session I realized that and switched to my Lan connection, but without leaving the server. I guess this confused the server and made me invisible. Definitely learned something for the future
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 06:12:44 PM +0100 »

I saw you join the server, couldn't you leave the pits anymore?

I was hoping to catch the race, though I knew I would probably miss the start, but ofcourse AC took his sweet time getting started. Joined when you where halfway in the 2nd lap. Decided against it to race anyway, I would have if it was still the first lap  Grin

I forgot to upload my setup the day before. Managed to work out a pretty good one which felt really balanced in the last sector. I was running almost full aero ( 2/7 I think ) and the lowest gearing. Felt abit strange at first, the gearing I mean, but I was quicker all the time then any other gearings ( though I was missing out a couple of km/h's of topspeed because I was hitting the limit bout a 100 meters before the first corner  Grin ). That gearing with just a slightly longer 6th gear would've been perfect.

I kinda liked all the gravel besides the road. Makes getting the corner just right with the wheel inches from the side of the road quite exciting  Cool
Looking forward to the official track ( is it comfirmed as a free track btw? , thought I read somewhere that making a track costs the same as making 10 cars )

Great idea on the track blacklist btw
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 06:20:10 PM +0100 »

Looking forward to the official track ( is it comfirmed as a free track btw? , thought I read somewhere that making a track costs the same as making 10 cars )

Yes, because of the huge delay in bringing the track into the game, they decided to release it for free together with 6 street cars (Alfa Romeo Giula QV, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Maserati Quattroporte, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Pagani Huarya BC)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 06:25:03 PM +0100 »

Yes, because of the huge delay in bringing the track into the game, they decided to release it for free together with 6 street cars (Alfa Romeo Giula QV, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Maserati Quattroporte, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Pagani Huarya BC)

That almost feels like I'm stealing from Kunos   Shocked
I don't mind though   Cool
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 11:31:15 PM +0100 »

I probably know what caused my issues yesterday. Normally I'm using a wlan connection, but for online racing I'm switching to a Lan connection. Yesterday I forgot to switch between both and connected to the server with my wlan connection. Later in the practice session I realized that and switched to my Lan connection, but without leaving the server. I guess this confused the server and made me invisible. Definitely learned something for the future
Thanks for letting us know, atleast that issue wasn't track related then. The track had still too many other issues.

I was hoping to catch the race, though I knew I would probably miss the start, but ofcourse AC took his sweet time getting started. Joined when you where halfway in the 2nd lap. Decided against it to race anyway, I would have if it was still the first lap  Grin

I think you would have scored quite a bit of points, even when a lap down.

I forgot to upload my setup the day before. Managed to work out a pretty good one which felt really balanced in the last sector. I was running almost full aero ( 2/7 I think ) and the lowest gearing. Felt abit strange at first, the gearing I mean, but I was quicker all the time then any other gearings ( though I was missing out a couple of km/h's of topspeed because I was hitting the limit bout a 100 meters before the first corner  Grin ). That gearing with just a slightly longer 6th gear would've been perfect.

First thing I did when I joined the server, was check ptracker to see if there was a setup...I was disappointed  Cry. I was running 2-9 wing and softened the rear on quite a few points, just to get it stable. That worked quite well, but it also sucked the pace right out of the car Grin.

I kinda liked all the gravel besides the road. Makes getting the corner just right with the wheel inches from the side of the road quite exciting  Cool

For me it also felt very rewarding to get it right. Second half of the track felt like a rollercoaster. But with hindsight, it's not very realistic, so it still gets the boot Tongue.

Great idea on the track blacklist btw

I'm gonna ask around to see of other people already have such a list. Might as well not invent the wheel twice.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 12:35:46 PM +0100 »

Can only think its the car as we have used Laguna before. I spent most of practise having to jump in and out trying to sort out the camera movement. I have for a long time been running with the camera locked to the horizon, I could pick up ore what the car was doing like that. But there are certain tracks where you end up looking at the interior of the car! Eau Rouge is a good one for that! However at the corkscrew its all just sky! so I cant even see what the car is doing all the way down!

I do like Laguna, its an old school track with no run off! makes you stay on track

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com