The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:00:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3b Bathurst: October 01, 2017
October 01, 2017, 09:32:48 PM +0100 - Bathurst - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3 (2nd Series)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Bentley Continental GT3 GT3 1 +2:06.686
---
1 50:45.967
---
23 1 2:06.724
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT GT3 3 +2:08.153
---
2 +26.664
---
23 1 2:06.802
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2 +2:07.793
---
3 +1:33.428
---
23 2 2:08.294
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 5 +2:09.925
---
4 +6L
---
17 1 2:07.818
---
unknown
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford GT GT3 4 +2:08.397
---
5 +13L
---
10 1 2:07.444
---
unknown
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3
---
6 +22L
---
1 0 2:49.652
---
unknown
Yokohama  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 (2nd Series) - Bathurst - Oct 1  (Read 2538 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2017, 11:25:05 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 50 Minutes

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" class

Track: Bathurst
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x1
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: One required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:15:53 AM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:25:35 PM +0100 »

GT3's at Bathurst this weekend, remember this is a 50 min race with a pitstop, so make sure you have mapped your pitstop buttons and done a practice stop!

I will aim to get the fuel multiplier for this race confirmed before the server is switched over after Thursday nights race.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 12:23:12 AM +0100 »

The Server is now switched over to the mountain and the race announcement has been updated with x2 fuel.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:31:34 PM +0100 »

just done half an hour praccy, managing to do 2:09's consistently, best lap so far is 2:08.8
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:04:44 PM +0100 »

What car was that SRW?

Will try and go with the 12C, I swear its a better car to drive than the 650S, otherwise second choice would be the BMW. Oooh, forgot i took the Bentley last time, will try that as well.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:06 PM +0100 »

i was using the Audi
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 09:21:05 PM +0100 »

Well that was a waste of time, come pit stop time I couldn't interact with the menu so got no service  Roll Eyes

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 09:48:50 PM +0100 »

I enjoyed that, a good few laps of close racing with no contact, then I overshot my pit bay  Embarrassed during the pitstop and had to go back on track and do another lap and lost loads of time
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 12:14:58 PM +0100 »

With SRW's talk of times I was getting a bit worried as I don't remember getting into the 8's in any car.

Tried The 12C, Bentley and 650S out. 12C was indeed a better, less edgy car than the 650S, way more consistent. 650S can be faster but felt always moment away from death!

Decided to stick with the Bentley, thought it was about on par with times. Wasn't expecting to be doing those times tho. Think i'll stick with it for now. I thought S3 had been balancing these cars but to me the Bentley was clearly a lot quicker. Matt did seems to be chasing the fastest laps tho which gave me something to focus on towards the end. This track now seems to be a favourite of mine.

Should we post up instructions on how to pit, people still seem to be struggling to do it correctly.

Tough to concentrate for 50mins but really enjoyed the challenge

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 12:59:50 PM +0100 »

ENjoyed this one, as I did the last time we were here. I also like this version of the Mountain

Had a few bangs and scrapes, but nothing too bad, Did everyone change tyres? I did, which
might explain why I came out of the pits so far behind Mark. The rear was getting wayward
even though the tyres were not showing as worn.

Pitstops are not my strong point (in anything)
Here you need to create a pitstop strategy in your setups screens, then when you call for pits
it will put up a little window with your settings in it, a bit like XD in GTL. You can deselect some things
on your lap, but then when you are in the pits you need to arrow key down to the green confirm pit option
then when you pull in to your pit box they will do stuff, if you don't confirm they will do nothing.
I just go to my pit box and confirm, and so far it works.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 07:31:55 PM +0100 »

No i did change tyres, but sitting there realised i probably shouldnt, thought others wouldnt change tyres so pushed on the outlap thinking it might be tight lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com