Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:19:03 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Microsoft  (Read 1203 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:05:22 PM +0100 »

A couple of days ago my machine received one of those unwanted Microsoft Updates. It took me several weeks to fully recover GPL from the last one. This one has screwed up the (G27) steering wheel big time. As far as I can see on the Logitec site I have the most recent driver. I have uninstalled & reinstalled a couple of times without luck. If anyone is aware of a fix or wants to exterminate Microsoft please let me know.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:45:15 AM +0100 »

There seems a mistake in registry,
so uninstall the driver - run CCLeaner and scan and clean the registry.
Now reinstall the Logi software  Roll Eyes

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:20:11 AM +0100 »

Thanks Cookie. A combination of using a registry cleaner & installing the driver from the disc that originally came with the wheel, service has been restored.

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 06:05:55 AM +0100 »

Not good, I am having problem now. My g27 is not recognized. I spent 2 hours unplugging, uninstalling, CCleaning, rebooting, reinstalling, replugging g27.

I tried installing from the original CD, but the software does not detect any g27 wheel. It used to stop during installation to ask me to plug in the wheel. It never asks me to plug in wheel now.
I tried connecting wheel without installing, and windows calibration only allows 200 degrees of rotation. GPL does work with 200 degree rotation, but not ideal.
Also, I tried a different USB port, but same result.

I have to stop for tonight. I have read that I can reinstall windows 10 while keeping all apps and data. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.

Quote, the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

Thanks,
Walter

Update:  I found a program called wheel driver cleaner. I ran that program, and then I was able to install original Logitech gaming software. Problem solved.

I had read that a program called Logitech automatic updater may have caused the original problem. I am not an expert, so I do not know if I should give advice, but I opened CCleaner, clicked on tools, then startup. I chose to disable it from the startup.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:42:52 PM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:21:25 AM +0100 »

You have my sympathies Walt. My approach to GPL is that enough fiddling around, some advice from the forum ( &
a good deal of cursing Microsoft) 4will eventually make it work.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:57 PM +0100 »

Update:  I found a program called wheel driver cleaner. I ran that program, and then I was able to install original Logitech gaming software. Problem solved.

I had read that a program called Logitech automatic updater may have caused the original problem. I am not an expert, so I do not know if I should give advice, but I opened CCleaner, clicked on tools, then startup. I chose to disable it from the startup.

Good advice Walter!  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 03:03:55 PM +0100 »

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to the race on Sunday.

Sunday Driver
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 01:09:39 AM +0100 »

Hello Everyone,  

Long time no see, I have been working too hard, and I thought it might be good to get back on the virtual road. I made a mental error and unplugged my G27 wheel a while back. The re-installation process seems a little harder now than it was the last time. The G27 wheel works, but only 180 degrees rotation. Also the Logitech Profiler software does not recognize any controllers. I came back to UKGPL to see how I fixed the problem last time. That fix did not work for me this time. However I have found an article that I hope will help me out. It says the last resort may be to roll back some of the W10 updates.  

https://appuals.com/fix-logitech-gaming-software-not-detecting-g27/

I hope that you all are doing well.
- Walter

*UPDATE:  Good news, I used CCleaner Registry cleaner to delete some logitech files, and then everything reinstalled as it should.  Hooray!    Time for a victory lap.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:38:42 AM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com