Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:38:46 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the Season 32 1955 Grand Prix Trophy?
Yes, expect 75 % or more attendance - 16 (55.2%)
Yes, expect less than 75 % attendance - 13 (44.8%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 32 1955 Grand Prix Trophy Registration  (Read 4233 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:44:20 PM +0100 »

Season 32 – 1955 Grand Prix

Please check the Season 32 details regarding rules and the 1955 Grand Prix pages in particular.

This season, races are to be run at 60fps – please use this patch 60fpsV2newmod. If you have issues read festers post.

Drivers must complete 50% of each race to score.

The races will be run as follows:

Car set: 1955 F1 only
Date: Every second Tuesday from 24th September 2017
Time: No later then 9:00pm UK Time (30-60 mins practice, race starts at 9:30pm)
Race Length: 50 minutes
Damage Model:  Intermediate
Server: TBA
Race List: IGOR
Divisional Moderator: Clive "Evil" Gardner / Jethro

Calendar:
Date              Day          Time            Track   Folder  Laps   Download
26/09/2017Tuesday21:00 GMTBuenos Airesba55n2??   Link
10/10/2017Tuesday21:00 GMTMonaco 67monaco??   Papyrus Original
24/10/2017Tuesday21:00 GMTIndianapolis  1999    ims??   Link
07/11/2017Tuesday21:00 GMTSpa'67spa67??   Link
21/11/2017Tuesday21:00 BSTZandvoortzandvoort??   Papyrus Original
05/12/2017Tuesday21:00 BSTAintreeaintree??   Link
19/12/2017Tuesday21:00 BSTMonza 10kmonza10k??   link
23/01/2018Tuesday21:00 BSTReims 67reims??   Link
06/02/2018Tuesday21:00 BSTNürburgringnurburg??   Papyrus Original
20/02/2018Tuesday21:00 BSTSilverstonesilver??   Papyrus Original

Handicapping
This will be the first season we have run the 55F1 cars so we have decided to try an experimental token system to try to encourage the use of the slower cars. The tokens system used with the 67F1 cars is actually a chassis levelling system, not a form of handicapping. So to introduce a form of handicapping into the 1955 Grand Prix series, drivers who are classed as "Amateurs" will be given additional tokens.  This will take the form of 10 additional tokens at the start of the season.  However an "Amateur" driver who fails to start any of the first 5 races will only be eligible for an additional allocation of 5 tokens (rather than 10).  "Amateur" status will be declared by the divisional moderator at the start of the season.

There is no red zone for this championship. Drivers are reminded that Lap 1 incidents do carry an extra 1 place penalty.

The races will be run under intermediate damage with an unlimited number of shift-Rs allowed.  However each shift-R must be followed by a stop & go within 2 laps.

Only reported incidents will be moderated.

If you would like to enter this series please submit an entry in the poll.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:37:14 PM +0100 by Phil Thornton » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:59:13 PM +0100 »

I'm going to miss Monaco ( scared ) and Indy by the look of things, and there's a chance I may miss a race in either late December or sometime January. Otherwise I'm here for all of them and have voted accordingly
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:34 AM +0100 »

9:30 seems a tad late to start a race?

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:24:25 AM +0100 »

There is an error on Monza!The folder is stjovite?
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:51:21 AM +0100 »

O' ye of short memory span!  Roll Eyes
AFAIK GPL races have always started at 9:30?  That is when the flag drops, and races are approx. 50mins, so finished before 10:30 UK time.( Just right for nursey to bring my medication and cocoa)  Prior to that we have approx. 45mins of qually available.

The older system of a strict 30 mins qually starting at 9:00  was dropped a few years back when some people had issues around getting on to the server. Because we were using members servers it placed an onus upon them to be ready at 9:00 precisely to fire things up, which was not always convenient.

So we adopted a format where server activations could be made at any time prior to the race start,  but offering a minimum of 30 mins wherever possible ( there are still occasional technical glitches!!). In practice this means we sometimes get 60 mins, but usually the server is online at around 8:45 and qually starts at that point. Whatever occurs, excluding catastrophic meltdowns, the race start time is set at 9:30.

Personally, I find 30 minutes quite long enough for me to tweak a setup and post a reasonable qualifying time. so I tend to join at around 9:00. Others who choose to start their qualification earlier might be thought to be gaining an advantage, but frankly I don't see that in the grid placings. If they can maintain sufficient concentration for maybe 2 hours worth of simracing, then good luck to them  Grin. My brain cell would implode under that strain.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:15:19 PM +0100 »

Any amateurs interested in this?

(Admittedly, I had tried a few laps round Monaco, but just did not get on with it - but of course, maybe that was not the best of introductions...)

However, if there are other lost-souls that would otherwise be forced into watching Victoria; then I'll give it a shot.  Until the first corner; then will be making use of all the unlimited resets!

Cheers,
Dave.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 02:36:19 PM +0100 »

AFAIK GPL races have always started at 9:30?  That is when the flag drops, and races are approx. 50mins, so finished before 10:30 UK time.( Just right for nursey to bring my medication and cocoa)  Prior to that we have approx. 45mins of qually available.

The older system of a strict 30 mins qually starting at 9:00  was dropped a few years back when some people had issues around getting on to the server. Because we were using members servers it placed an onus upon them to be ready at 9:00 precisely to fire things up, which was not always convenient.

So we adopted a format where server activations could be made at any time prior to the race start,  but offering a minimum of 30 mins wherever possible ( there are still occasional technical glitches!!). In practice this means we sometimes get 60 mins, but usually the server is online at around 8:45 and qually starts at that point. Whatever occurs, excluding catastrophic meltdowns, the race start time is set at 9:30.

Personally, I find 30 minutes quite long enough for me to tweak a setup and post a reasonable qualifying time. so I tend to join at around 9:00. Others who choose to start their qualification earlier might be thought to be gaining an advantage, but frankly I don't see that in the grid placings. If they can maintain sufficient concentration for maybe 2 hours worth of simracing, then good luck to them  Grin. My brain cell would implode under that strain.

Just not sure that I can stay awake that long!  I shall need my afternoon nap.   Roll Eyes

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 03:52:39 PM +0100 »

Just not sure that I can stay awake that long!  I shall need my afternoon nap.   Roll Eyes

I thought everyone had an afternoon nap Huh? Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:53:13 PM +0100 »

Rank   Only when I sweat
Gareth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:18 AM +0100 »

(Admittedly, I had tried a few laps round Monaco, but just did not get on with it - but of course, maybe that was not the best of introductions...)

However, if there are other lost-souls that would otherwise be forced into watching Victoria; then I'll give it a shot.  Until the first corner; then will be making use of all the unlimited resets!

Cheers,
Dave.

55 I get 10 fps
not much interest in sc or 66
and I cant run 67 as I get "could load the track" be it online/offline every track.
Victoria is then.  Undecided
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 12:05:40 PM +0100 »

If you are using the 1955 track addons (upgrades), they are not the most framerate friendly.  Nor historically accurate, but do have some changes to collision objects.  So helpful if the Moderator could warn entrants, ( that's us, folks!  )Grin  of the track version being used by the Server.

We have a Maddog and a Francesco interested, and available to throw stones at, if needs be, as we helped in creating these machines.  Both possible Amateurs.  Compliments to Clive, for what looks like a good go at rule making for these.  Except I'm part time so less happy about tokens, which encourage less part time. Embarrassed

BTW - Indianapolis was not raced by any 'Works' teams in 1955, who preferred to wait for the infield track to be built.  It was a long wait!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:08:42 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 12:22:44 PM +0100 »

If you are using the 1955 track addons (upgrades), they are not the most framerate friendly.  Nor historically accurate, but do have some changes to collision objects.  So helpful if the Moderator could warn entrants, ( that's us, folks!  )Grin  of the track version being used by the Server.

As far as I know the added "collision objects" are only on the clients side, you drive your own track version.

My server does not use any mod specific files of a track, so the pit exit of Monza 10k is wider than the 55 addon track!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:15:13 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 05:30:01 PM +0100 »

HA!  I'm ever so pleased that Indianapolis has been added to the sked.  I've tried the '55's there and they are great fun!  My PB thus far is in the Maser 250F with a time of 1m05.55s which compares very favourably with the historic slowest Q time in 1955 of 1m07.11s(134.113 mph; Johnny Thomson; Kuzma-Offenhauser).  Fastest lap was a 1m03.12s effort(142.580 mph; Jack McGrath; Kurtis KK500C-Offenhauser).

Looking forward to the season!  Smiley

PS: I was using the 'ims' version of several available for my trials.  Not really sure which is best but I think this one may be the leading candidate.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:32:06 PM +0100 by Doni Yourth » Logged
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 06:49:12 PM +0100 »

HA!  I'm ever so pleased that Indianapolis has been added to the sked.  I've tried the '55's there and they are great fun!  My PB thus far is in the Maser 250F with a time of 1m05.55s which compares very favourably with the historic slowest Q time in 1955 of 1m07.11s(134.113 mph; Johnny Thomson; Kuzma-Offenhauser).  Fastest lap was a 1m03.12s effort(142.580 mph; Jack McGrath; Kurtis KK500C-Offenhauser).

Looking forward to the season!  Smiley

PS: I was using the 'ims' version of several available for my trials.  Not really sure which is best but I think this one may be the leading candidate.
Which one Doni? You've forgotten to add the link.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 10:37:27 PM +0100 »

Shhh...  TOP SECRET!

Uhhh...  The reference to 'ims' is the track folder name, Phil, and can be found at...

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=3794

Again, I'm not sure if this is the one to use but from indications I've seen elsewhere, it's probably the best.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com