The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 04:55:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Lotus 25 Championship  (Read 12354 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 05:57:22 PM +0100 »

I'm going to take a look at this skinning malarkey over the weekend.
If AC is going to go all GPL on me I might as well bring the Waza's to AC  Grin
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 08:18:12 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the encouragement. I was holding off on my decision to make sure that my schedule will be free. I would like to sign up to race. I'll take the #4 yellow and gray skin if available.  Unless there are historical skins for download?

Sadly, I might not be able to race on November 1st, 22nd and December 20th (Nurb). 

Thanks for organizing. I am fairly new to AC online. I will try to show up early for practice.     

Sunday Driver
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 09:16:31 PM +0100 »

Is it possible for me to take no.11 skin please. If not any that is available.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:37 PM +0100 »

Is it possible for me to take no.11 skin please. If not any that is available.

It was available. To see what is taken or not, check the opening post.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 01:01:51 AM +0100 »

Tried a few laps at Brands this evening to reacquaint myself with this car, and I like it even more now! Super fun to drive.

Skin #7 for me please (white/blue).
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 12:56:51 PM +0100 »

Count me in. No preference on the skin.  Smiley
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 08:20:50 PM +0100 »

Hello all,

Speaking as another GPLer [however, not in the same league as the other chaps!]  I'd be interested in joining a practice server at least.

I've had very limited AC running & that's all offline/offtrack;  with minimal career progression so far [halfway though N4].  As a result I'm probably not qualified for real events.
I'm currently little match for the AI [forever novice] & should probably look at how to turn that line off for starters...

Although, I did manage to get the Lotus 25 past them round Brands a number of weeks ago;  but admittedly online would most likely have led to a ban Smiley

So, I guess probably not worth claiming a skin/number,  although maybe luminous yellow would be in order?!

But hopefully, I can keep my nose clean/keep out of the way & pick up some tips via exposure.

Cheers,
Dave.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 08:29:29 PM +0100 »

Im in Jeff Smiley

skins to come

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 08:49:54 PM +0100 »

Tried a few laps at Brands this evening to reacquaint myself with this car, and I like it even more now! Super fun to drive.

Good to hear Smiley

Speaking as another GPLer [however, not in the same league as the other chaps!]  I'd be interested in joining a practice server at least.

I've had very limited AC running & that's all offline/offtrack;  with minimal career progression so far [halfway though N4].  As a result I'm probably not qualified for real events.
I'm currently little match for the AI [forever novice] & should probably look at how to turn that line off for starters...

Although, I did manage to get the Lotus 25 past them round Brands a number of weeks ago;  but admittedly online would most likely have led to a ban Smiley

So, I guess probably not worth claiming a skin/number,  although maybe luminous yellow would be in order?!

But hopefully, I can keep my nose clean/keep out of the way & pick up some tips via exposure.

You've done a whopping 462 events here, I think that should be enough experience  Grin. There is still a few weeks to get used to AC and maybe ask questions about it. I'll put you on the entry list, if youwant to be taken off it, let me know Smiley.

Im in Jeff Smiley

skins to come

That's 17 now. If we get more than 18 people to register, then Cadwell gets replaced by Donnington National and Silverstone 79 will become the backup track.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 10:48:19 AM +0100 »

Hello all,

I've had very limited AC running & that's all offline/offtrack;  with minimal career progression so far [halfway though N4]. 

I think probably most of us do not have any carreer progression what so ever! So, just hop in and have fun.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2017, 12:02:34 PM +0100 »

career? Never touched it

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 03:04:40 PM +0100 »

I was just trying to highlight how good I'm not!

But thanks for the encouragement so far!

Cheers,
Dave.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 04:43:09 PM +0100 »

The career is rubbish.. we all sat down and put an excellent way to do the career

It went on about how you start for one of 3 teams in a low ranked car, and depending on the races you do and how well you did you can get access to other teams etc.. once you finish a race you couldnt go back etc so all progress was stored. If you did really pants then you would get minimal drive opportunities, but if you did well then you could take your pick depending how you wanted to go through.

But it was too muh to do in the time they had before the patch came out.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2017, 08:45:06 AM +0100 »

I replaced Cadwell with Donnington 1938, a track more suited to the cars and I expect I needed to replace Cadwell anyway due to low grid slots.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 09:03:27 AM +0100 »

I keep having a go with these, and like the R3E NSUs they will likely produce some
cool close racing. I am struggling a bit with how best to set them up.
The default feels like the tyres are solid, and made of steel. the car drifts
around way more than these old cars used to. I have stiffened everything up
and increased rear grip and they drive much better, but may be also much slower.....
What are people doing, if anything, to get them to go quickly, apart from skill of course.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com