The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 04:07:40 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Lotus 25 Championship  (Read 12444 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2017, 09:41:36 AM +0100 »

I am adding a fluxcapacitor.

Edit:
So, i had a fair bit of laps with this car yesterday. I read somewhere it is deemed more manageable than the newer F1 cars, it is not!
I understand i need a completely different driving style then to what we are racing in the current series, but even after altering the setup it still manages to suprise you every single lap. Altough it is horribly fun to drive (particularly love the squirming and balancing under braking and its high revving engine),
racing these will probably be about surviving as much as racing your opponents.

Part of the fun of course, understanding the car and developing the correct driving style. I hope our resident GPL members can shed some light on how to go about racing these?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:30:30 AM +0100 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 12:56:17 PM +0100 »

So, i had a fair bit of laps with this car yesterday. I read somewhere it is deemed more manageable than the newer F1 cars, it is not!
I understand i need a completely different driving style then to what we are racing in the current series, but even after altering the setup it still manages to suprise you every single lap. Altough it is horribly fun to drive (particularly love the squirming and balancing under braking and its high revving engine),
racing these will probably be about surviving as much as racing your opponents.

Part of the fun of course, understanding the car and developing the correct driving style. I hope our resident GPL members can shed some light on how to go about racing these?

Yeah, these do reqiure quite a different mentality then the SCG Grin. I'm also still learning the car, not that I had a lot of practice, but you really need to be quite gentle and smooth. First few tracks are quite easy and familiar, so they give the right opportunity to get to know the car a bit more and I hope there will be setups shared to help eachother out. Because it's a lot more fun if there are more people finishing and completing the whole season and not quit out of frustration Smiley.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2017, 08:51:45 AM +0100 »

For some reason I thought all default tracks had 24 slots, but Zandvoort only has 18  Roll Eyes. Looks like we'll need the OSRW version of that.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 09:31:34 AM +0100 »

I think with the L25 you just have to get your head into gear and realise that its a mechanical grip car, so setting the car up is not exactly the same as a gt3 for instance. maximising your tyre footprint if even more important, also.. sliding.. these cars - because they use cross ply tyres they wont wear so you can slide the cars round without too much detriment to your grip.

Im looking forward to giving these babies a go Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:24 AM +0100 »

How about the historic version of Zandvoort (just released) instead? Looks a doozy  Cool

Donington '38 looks pretty 'in period' for these cars too, more so than the (albeit great) modern version mod.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 11:41:11 AM +0100 »

How about the historic version of Zandvoort (just released) instead? Looks a doozy  Cool

Donington '38 looks pretty 'in period' for these cars too, more so than the (albeit great) modern version mod.

Thought about the old Zandvoort, but I'm a bit worried about all the mod tracks, so I'd rather keep the "modern" Zandvoort, which is so outdated in real life, it fits the period of these cars pretty well Grin.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2017, 12:36:46 PM +0100 »

I was wondering why Silverstone '67 wasn't in the mix?

It is a standard AC track isn't it?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 01:01:56 PM +0100 »

I was wondering why Silverstone '67 wasn't in the mix?

It is a standard AC track isn't it?

It's a bit...meh Tongue. Very flat and bland, especially for these cars. It also has only 20 gridslots, so I think it's more suited as backup track, because it's a default track and still fitting for this era of cars.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 02:17:22 PM +0100 »

If these have half decent drafting then you'd be amazed Jeffers - some of the best GPL races are on otherwise bland tracks. Silverstone included.
In fact the 60's layout is the only version I actually like.

Shame you dropped Cadwell, that's perfectly in fitting as the track is pretty much as raced in the 60's - it's also hilariously good fun  Tongue
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 02:41:46 PM +0100 »

If these have half decent drafting then you'd be amazed Jeffers - some of the best GPL races are on otherwise bland tracks. Silverstone included.
In fact the 60's layout is the only version I actually like.

Shame you dropped Cadwell, that's perfectly in fitting as the track is pretty much as raced in the 60's - it's also hilariously good fun  Tongue

I had to chose, or else it would be a way too long season Cheesy. They seem to draft quite well, and I would have liked Cadwell,  but 18 slots is too low as I hope to get a few more people and I'd rather not drop a track at the last moment.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 05:38:35 PM +0100 »

I got bored so learned how to skin today.
It's a bit basic but tbh that's all that's needed at the mo for these cars.

May I present the Hiki Waza Racing not-quite-Honda-RA272  Grin

I'll throw a RAR file together tomorrow and share the link for you  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:38:48 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 07:03:43 PM +0100 »

Simple but nice Smiley
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:26 PM +0100 »

you learnt on a bugger of a skin Smiley

im going one myself Smiley

should be a nice grid.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 07:58:43 PM +0100 »

You're not kidding Chris! It s evil,  especially considering I haven't found any masks for these!

I did take it for a race at okeyama though,  brilliant fun - it's like they designed the track for these things Cheesy
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 09:11:49 PM +0100 »

Count me in please.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8