The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:57:08 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Lotus 25 Championship  (Read 12190 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:20:44 AM +0100 »

The championship will consist of 10 rounds, raced on the following tracks:

- Round 1 (October 18th): Brands Hatch GP
- Round 2 (October 25th) : Salzburgring
- Round 3 (November 1st): Zandvoort 32 pits OSRW
- Round 4 (November 8th): Donnington 1938
- Round 5 (November 15th): Monaco
- Round 6 (November 22nd): Rouen Les Essart long
- Round 7 (November 29th): Longford
- Round 8 (December 6th): Thomson Road Grand Prix
- Round 9 (December 13th): Circuit de Pau '67
- Round 10 (December 20th): Nordschleife

- Backup: Silverstone 1967

IMPORTANT: If for some reason one of the add on tracks is unusable, we will revert to Silverstone 1967

The order of the tracks are picked in such a way, that I think they will get progressively harder. That way, people have time to get used to the car and have a setup ready by the time the focus is required more on the tracks than other things.

Download them individually (click on the names above), or get them all in one TRACKPACK (Updated 30-10-2017)

Points table:

1st = 30pts
2nd = 25
3rd = 20
4th = 17
5th = 15
6th = 13
7th = 11
8th = 9
9th = 7
10th = 6
11th = 5
12th = 4
13th = 3
14th = 2
15th = 1

You must finish at least 50% of the race to qualify for points.

Qualification procedure:

Normal qualification procedure lasting 15 minutes.
For Norschleife, there will be no practice session, but 1 hour long qualification session.

Race length

30 Minutes

Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 (30 mins)

Driver list:  SKINPACK
1) Jeffrey - #9 Orange
2) Postal - #18 Grey/Yellow
3) Goldtop - #20 Black
4) Frex - #7 White/blue
5) phspok - #2 Green
6) Picnic - #10 Blue
7 ) FullMetalGasket - (Missing first 2 rounds)
8 ) MarkJ - #21 Red
9) MaikelK - #3 Green
10) Bob - #11 Brown
11) Sutol - #16
12) Manteos - #5 Blue
13) Walter Conn - #4 Yellow/Gray
14) Felix Simoes - #6 Grey
15) Dave Curtis - #7 White
16) ChrisR - #69 Red/gold
17) Simon - #10 Blue
18) Fabri Fibra - #17 Green
19) PorcoRosso86 - #19 Green
20) Apextechusa - #15 Black
21) Fred Joseph - #9 Orange

Maximum grid slots:

Brands Hatch GP: 24
Salzburgring: 30
Zandvoort OSRW: 32
Donnington 1938: 30
Monaco: 24
Rouen Les Essart: 24
Longford: 30
Thomson: 24
Circiut de Pau: 24
Nordschleife: 24

Backup track: Silverstone 1967  20

NOTE: Lap 1 will always be reviewed every race and penalties will be applied, even when the incident isn't reported.
NOTE 2: If we find a gamebreaking bug on the live race server, so from 19:30 on Wednesday evening, the race will be cancelled and no other track selected.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:42:17 PM +0000 by Jeffrey » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:26:27 AM +0100 »

Suspected Asked Questions (SAQ)

Why not the Lotus 49?

I think the Lotus 25 will provide better racing and is more manageable.

Why nothing from the Ferrari DLC?

This series was planned before the expected release of the lastest DLC. I want to use the Ferrari's with some other brands, and that will require some testing and the Ferrari DLC cars will be used in the future for sure.

Why such a long season?

I think this should provide some fun racing, hence it deserves the extra races. With 10 rounds it will end just before the holidays, which is better than a 6 round series and then 4 rounds before a holiday break. Now we can use the holidays to organize some fun events and test some cars combo's for future series.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:42:24 AM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:39 AM +0100 »

Ahh, this looks cool. Never driven this type 25 before Undecided But count me in Jeffrey!

I do have three questions though...
 Tongue

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 11:06:35 AM +0100 »

I'd forgotten AC had the little Lotus  wheelchair Should be a cool series and hope to join most of the races  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:32 AM +0100 »

.  Oh...was really hoping it was a 908 v gt40 v Fezza p4 series  Cry

I think I remember being unimpressed with this little mosquito of a car when I tried it. Surely the 49 v the new f312 would have been more fun and appealing to more?  Undecided. I could have watched the great 'Grand Prix' movie and got right into it, goggles and necker-chief  Grin

Will try the car again and decide if I want to race it  Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:11 AM +0100 »

Ahh, this looks cool. Never driven this type 25 before Undecided But count me in Jeffrey!

I'd forgotten AC had the little Lotus  wheelchair Should be a cool series and hope to join most of the races  Cool

Welcome Smiley. I'm looking for these poor lost souls in AC that never get picked  Tongue
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:52:59 AM +0100 »

I actually created the SAQ just for you, and you still come up with these things  Roll Eyes. Just wow...

.  Oh...was really hoping it was a 908 v gt40 v Fezza p4 series  Cry

They will come in the future, but like I said, they need testing.

I think I remember being unimpressed with this little mosquito of a car when I tried it. Surely the 49 v the new f312 would have been more fun and appealing to more?  Undecided. I could have watched the great 'Grand Prix' movie and got right into it, goggles and necker-chief  Grin

The tracks will make up for the slight lack of pace these things have. Mind you, they aren't slow and those skinny tyres will make them feel a lot faster. The 49 might be more fun alone or a bit more thrilling, but I think it will be too much of a handful for a lot, which will end it quickly deminishing grids during the seaosn and a high number of people crashing out early. I feel like the Lotus 25 is a more sensible choice.

I'm gonna be very blunt here. You quit organizing races because you got fed up with people critizing decisions you made and you are now literally the only one who is constantly complaining. The 5 minute qually, the 45 minutes race and now the choice of car. Either step up again to organize the races or take it as it is.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:51 PM +0100 »

If only I could 'like' a post! Tongue

I'll resevee judgement until trying the car out. I know the 49 is not easy to drive at all so welcome something that might cater for all as I don't seem to go well in historic low grip cars.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 12:25:32 PM +0100 »

Lovely car, close racing guaranteed. Count me in please.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 12:41:52 PM +0100 »

Ah don't get all wound up, I already said I'll give the car a try and decide, angel but announcing this the same day we get a whole new dlc pack is missing an opportunity to use new stuff that gets people excited.

Considering how much grief some on here caused me whilst organising I'm not going to shy away from adding  critique on occasion.  Tongue

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:49:43 PM +0100 »

I'll resevee judgement until trying the car out. I know the 49 is not easy to drive at all so welcome something that might cater for all as I don't seem to go well in historic low grip cars.

The Type 25 is quite a lot easier to manage under power. The dodgy brakes and thin tyres will still make it feel thrilling to drive, especially with others around you. The tracks will also add to the exitement, as the 2nd half of the season is a lot of tricky tracks with no run off areas like we have today  Grin.

Lovely car, close racing guaranteed. Count me in please.

Added and let's hope for that close racing.

Ah don't get all wound up, I already said I'll give the car a try and decide, angel but announcing this the same day we get a whole new dlc pack is missing an opportunity to use new stuff that gets people excited.

The only reason why I announced this today is because I have the day off, so was able to put it together. There will be 52 weeks to fill next year, so there are plenty of oppotunities to use the Ferrari DLC cars. I'm looking forward to quite a few of them, so I'd be stupid to not use them. Nobody is stopping anyone from driving the DLC cars offline and I'm sure there will be plenty of possibilities to use them online.

Considering how much grief some on here caused me whilst organising I'm not going to shy away from adding  critique on occasion.  Tongue

I have no words for that.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 01:07:09 PM +0100 »

I have no words for that.

I have...suck it up buttercup  Grin

You are doing a good job so far  euro I loved the RSR series and even the Glick is ..erm, okay so far (would be better if I had someone to race)  Wink

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 01:17:40 PM +0100 »

Hehe, MJ is never happy unless there is Porka in there somewhere  whistling
Haven't tried these  yet, but they sound like a similar idea to the NSU TTS series we run every
3rd Thursday in R3E, not great fun to hotlap, but produce some epic close racing, so count me in please.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 01:34:48 PM +0100 »

I'm up for this to, I want a blue one Wink

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:44 PM +0100 »

I have a major issue with this series!

I'm missing the 1st two rounds as I'll be in Japan, any chance of some delaying tactics? Tongue

Will be fun though,  especially as we're not running the '65 cars in GPL this season...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com