The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 10:22:04 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: What car type would you prefer?  (Voting closed: October 06, 2017, 10:31:36 PM +0100)
LMP1 Audi & Toyota - 7 (87.5%)
ALMS CHEVY DP & ORECA - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 12/11/17 Special Event. Prototypes @ LeMans  (Read 2029 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2017, 08:53:30 PM +0100 »

Hello Racers,

Now that my Donington GT3 race has passed it is time to turn our attention to the next AC Sunday night special race Prototypes @ LeMans.

Earlier in the year during discussions about a race at Lemans, several people expressed an interest in racing something faster than GT3's, although there wasn't much enthusiasm for the current LMP1 machinery with too much fiddly stuff like KERS etc. I was considering the Praga R1 but have not bought the DLC yet. I seem to remember someone here at SROU organised a race using it about a year ago, does anyone have any feedback on what it was like to race?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:16:28 PM +0100 »

I think it's too slow for Le Mans. It has limited power but due to the low weight it feels racey, but you need a bit more grunt for those straights.

Some suggestions:

Group C. The Sauber C9 is the LM version I think and they released a classic version of LM not too long ago. And I think that car will be quite popular.
MC12 GT1. Haven't tried that car yet, but I think it should feel a bit at home at Le Mans.
911 GT1. Good car to drive, maybe fun at Lm as well?
917 30. No idea about this one, it just kinda looks Le Mans-ish  Grin
935 Moby Dick. I like this car, but I'm not sure I have many people backing that up Tongue
917K. Again, seems to look like a LM car.
908 vs GT40 vs 330 P4. If these are competitive, they should give an epic race. It's a combo I'm interested in for a future Wednesday series.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:53:47 PM +0100 »

None of them are modern cars which i think is what SRW was looking for.

I've got no issue with the modern LMP cars

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:38:19 PM +0100 »

I agree with Jeffrey, the Praga is way too slow for Le Mans.
I would prefer the modern LMP1 cars, we never did a race with these so far.
But keep in mind that out of the four available LMP1 cars only the Audi R18 and the Toyota TS040 can compete against each other on the same level (both cars are from 2014). The two Porsches are from 2015 and 2016 and are 5-7 seconds faster (2016 version is the fastest one)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:13 PM +0100 »

hmmm, seems to be a bit more enthusiasm for the LMP1's than I had previously thought!

I have just been trying out some alternatives without KERS:

The following two cars are from the American Lemans series (or whatever it is called now)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/

2015 Oreca FLM09 LMPC

2014 Corvette Daytona Prototype

I am going to put up a poll to see what the general concensus is before making a decision on car type and am interested in peoples opinion of these mods
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:57 AM +0100 »

We've used these a long time ago. Hope they have been updated.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:59:01 PM +0100 »

cool, I didn't realise we had used them before.

Don't forget there is only 4 days left on the poll
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:02:00 AM +0100 »

cool, I didn't realise we had used them before.

Don't forget there is only 4 days left on the poll

Didn't even notice the poll  Tongue. The Corvette Prototype was used a long time ago somehwere and I think it had a bug then, can't remember what tho Embarrassed. But that's probably fixed by now. I don't care which cars, for me the issue is gonna be Le Mans  sleep1 Grin
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 11:00:00 PM +0100 »

LMP1 it is then (The poll was 7:1 in favour of the LMP1's!)

I will work out the fuel multiplier and put out a race announcement soon.

If this race is popular I will probably make my December race at Daytona for LMP1's as well

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 09:53:34 PM +0100 »

I have done some testing with the LMP1 Toyota and Audi.

The Toyota has a 68 litre tank and I think we will use about 64 litres of fuel in an hour race. I will set the fuel multiplier to 1.5 so that we need to do a stop for fuel, tyres will be up to the individual.

Race announcement will be up this weekend so you can reserve your place on the grid
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:34 AM +0100 »

IS there a guide anywhere as to what we need to do to drive these? Use of manual boost, regen modes etc?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 07:50:55 AM +0100 »

IS there a guide anywhere as to what we need to do to drive these? Use of manual boost, regen modes etc?

On Le Mans it's pretty much only low preservative mode IIRC. Anything else and you run out of energy. With the lowest setting you just make it a lap.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 09:06:50 AM +0100 »

On Le Mans it's pretty much only low preservative mode IIRC. Anything else and you run out of energy. With the lowest setting you just make it a lap.

I found manual boost the best. Did a 2.4 hours race a while back with these's. As for button assignement you just need a button for the manual KERS and one or 2 for cycling through the different modes if you prefer using them.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 01:41:01 PM +0100 »

I found manual boost the best. Did a 2.4 hours race a while back with these's. As for button assignement you just need a button for the manual KERS and one or 2 for cycling through the different modes if you prefer using them.

Interesting. When did you use the boost, high or low revs?

When I did it manually, I ran out of energy halfway through the lap, but I did reach the highest top speed  Grin
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 07:45:54 PM +0100 »

Interesting. When did you use the boost, high or low revs?

When I did it manually, I ran out of energy halfway through the lap, but I did reach the highest top speed  Grin

Mostly when coming out of a corner. Or when overtaking a GT car. Or when someone is on your rear you have to think about when to use. Makes for quite a strategic fight  Grin

Can't make in unfortunately as the Spa race for the GT2/GT4 series is then at Core. I would be able to make it if it was a week earlier/later as I'm not really gonna compete with those mazda mx5's  Tongue

Edit: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=t3eGegBAk70  Found this stream of the race. Not sure if its helpful at all, just thought I throw it in here  Grin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:48:42 PM +0100 by Maikel K. » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com