The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:21:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AC mods Positive/Negative  (Read 1625 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:00:08 PM +0100 »

After last night's race, I want to make a list of every mod that has known issues. Either found during offline races or in another league, cars and tracks. Please share mods that you are aware of that have issues Smiley.
And to get a nice overview of what is good, I'll add a list of tracks and cars that have worked.

POSITIVE

Tracks

Barbagello
Bathurst
Bridgehampton
Cadwell
Circuit de Pau 67
Donnington
Donnington 1938
Estoril
Le Mans
Misano
Monaco
Oulton Park
Paul Ricard
Riverside
Road America
Thomson Road Grand Prix
Virginia

Cars

NEGATIVE

Tracks

Laguna Seca 4.3: Car warp issues, too bumpy, sand acts like gravel.
Longford: Bridge isn't a solid opbject and you fall through the earth.
Poznan 1.4: Disappearing cars while they are on the curb.
Rouen extra long: Invisible wall on the tarmac at the exit of turn 1.
Salzburgring 1.01: Walls at pit entry aren't solid and if you go through the red/white blocks, you fall through the ground.

Cars
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:47:26 AM +0000 by Jeffrey » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:05:41 PM +0100 »

Good plan Jeffrey sir Smiley I've made the topic sticky so it doesn't get lost in the depths of time.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:43 PM +0100 »

Good plan Jeffrey sir Smiley I've made the topic sticky so it doesn't get lost in the depths of time.

Thanks Pete Smiley. I've taken the liberty of changing the thread to positive/negative and added a list of tracks that work in alphabetical order.

That way we have a good overview but also some inspiration for future series on what tracks we can pick safely. Most of these tracks were confirmed by Darren from CORE to be working for them in the past as well.

If you know any safe tracks or cars let me know so I can list them, same goes for the bad ones Smiley.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:43:20 PM +0100 »

Unfortunatly, I had to add Salzburgring to the negatives Sad.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 09:38:15 PM +0100 »

Unfortunatly, I had to add Salzburgring to the negatives Sad.

I think that's a bit harsh, it's perfectly good for fine racing. It must have been a freak incident to suffer what Pete managed  Tongue and the tyre chicane, though a shame they aren't solid, didn't exactly detract from the racing once everyone knew the rules. Be a shame to not use it again. Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:23 PM +0100 »

I think that's a bit harsh, it's perfectly good for fine racing. It must have been a freak incident to suffer what Pete managed  Tongue and the tyre chicane, though a shame they aren't solid, didn't exactly detract from the racing once everyone knew the rules. Be a shame to not use it again. Undecided

It's not blacklisted, it's just not a track that you can safely use without issues. A race with pitstops will make it even more dangerous, as entering too fast and you will quite quickly fall through the ground.

I can still use the track in the future, but this lists will remind me of the issue.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:19:02 AM +0000 »

Updated the list with the findings from the Lotus season. Again, all tracks on the negative list can still be used, it's just a reminder this list. Tongue
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 05:01:10 PM +0000 »

I would argue a bottomless pond isn't an issue - It's not like you could have driven out again in real life  Tongue
As marketting execs would say: "It's a feature"
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 05:06:56 PM +0000 »

Grin And there was only me the whole race stupid enough to find it...
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 06:08:53 PM +0000 »

I would argue a bottomless pond isn't an issue - It's not like you could have driven out again in real life  Tongue
As marketting execs would say: "It's a feature"

Fair enough Grin. I'll change it when I get home.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 07:18:00 PM +0000 »

Okayama 1.0 is top AC mode. Absolutely amazing GP config and picture. Tested by apologets of AC . Thanks Jeffrey for choice in 599 Cup . Hope we are enjoy this combo  Smiley
Guys- please read the autors remarks in RD site if you have very slow PC. 

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 07:43:03 AM +0000 »

I think this track should be mentioned on the list too, due to the sticky walls. Not that it is unusable, but then we know.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/adelaide-clipsal-500-2011-by-tewie-and-rainmaker.4922/

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:06:19 AM +0000 »

I think this track should be mentioned on the list too, due to the sticky walls. Not that it is unusable, but then we know.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/adelaide-clipsal-500-2011-by-tewie-and-rainmaker.4922/

I don't think the problem here was the track. Th3 V8 Supercars have a weird behaviour when hitting and bumping the walls. We need to test it with other cars to know exactly if the problem is with the track or not.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 05:43:24 PM +0000 »

I'm not sure I agree with that - I just managed to pretty much replicate Stefans collision with the wall in the warm up lap in a 599XX.
Then I drove a Nissan all the way around Highlands short pressed against the barrier Gran Turismo style, the only problem I had is that I caused body damage in the corners Grin

I remember the Armco at Kyalami is also very sticky when using Stock Kunos cars. It seems that some tracks have an armco bug
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:31 PM +0000 »

I don't know if it's the track or car. Felix crash at Barbagello looked similar so I'm tempted to look for the blame at the cars, but if it's defiantly the track, then I'll add it here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com