The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:09:23 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A6 Brands Hatch: October 18, 2017
October 18, 2017, 09:49:53 AM +0100 - Brands Hatch (GP) - UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

Lotus 25 {unknown} 1 1:42.138
---
1 31:07.677
---
18 1:42.567
---
Firestone  
Fabri Fibra

Lotus 25 {unknown} 4 +0.343
---
2 +5.277
---
18 1:42.658
---
Firestone  
Felix Simoes

Lotus 25 {unknown} 5 +0.470
---
3 +7.705
---
18 1:42.720
---
Firestone  
ChrisR

Lotus 25 {unknown} 2 +0.092
---
4 +10.317
---
18 1:41.779
---
Firestone  
PorcoRosso86

Lotus 25 {unknown} 6 +1.422
---
5 +27.247
---
18 1:43.964
---
Firestone  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 3 +0.315
---
6 +42.801
---
18 1:42.615
---
Firestone  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 11 +4.030
---
7 +46.404
---
18 1:44.540
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 9 +2.776
---
8 +54.833
---
18 1:44.325
---
Firestone  
Sutol

Lotus 25 {unknown} 7 +2.474
---
9 +54.938
---
18 1:44.094
---
Firestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} 8 +2.617
---
10 +57.319
---
18 1:44.516
---
Firestone  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lotus 25 {unknown} 10 +3.310
---
11 +1:02.480
---
18 1:45.213
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 14 +4.913
---
12 +1:23.450
---
18 1:46.228
---
Firestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 13 +4.282
---
13 +1:30.341
---
18 1:45.069
---
Firestone  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 12 +4.078
---
14 +1L
---
17 1:45.249
---
Firestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 15 +7.657
---
15 +1:15.554
---
17 1:48.143
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 REV
Lotus 25 {unknown} 16 +10.144
---
16 +1:33.824
---
17 1:50.463
---
Firestone  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 17 +12.661
---
17 +1:40.147
---
17 1:49.237
---
Firestone  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 18 +13.302
---
18 +3L
---
15 1:56.409
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 REV
Lotus 25 {unknown} DNS ---
---
Firestone  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25 - Brands Hatch - Oct 18  (Read 5184 times)
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:03 PM +0100 »

It may be a bit late in the day to ask Smiley   but how to change gear without wrecking the transmission?

I have a G25/use H-shifter for GPL [clutch for starts, but not much otherwise].   However, when jumping on the test server I was aware of seeing a damage screen pop-up that I have not seen before & car lasts maybe 2 laps before keeling over.

Every change seems to take a couple of seconds to avoid sitting in neutral.
Even with a brainwave of trying to actually use the clutch for up & down, it seems every change is causing damage.

Setting auto-clutch didn't seem to actually do anything?  I resorted to auto-gears, then manually intervening with flappy paddles  [I don't get on with them anyway];  with which at lease I was able to complete about 36laps in total last night; despite the car sounding like a tractor.

If I'm not scared off by the real event; I'll try to keep well out of the way when you all come round again (and again).

Cheers,
Dave.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:26 PM +0100 »

One of the options in the setup window is engine limit. If you put that too high, it will start to damage the car very quickly.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03:15 PM +0100 »

My monitor is playing up again so I'll miss this round  Sad Hope to make next week....have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2017, 09:34:24 PM +0100 »

That was alot more fun then I thought it'd be  Grin
Quali went better then expected and I ended up 3rd. Start was quite clean aswell. Following Chris and Jeffrey the first lap, few mistakes here and there and a few swapping places with Jeffrey and Felix but overall a very clean start. ( had a little tap from Felix at one point which totally ruined my rear as I had no downforce anymore whatsoever...  Tongue )

Was 3rd around halfway, doing some pretty consistent laps to my own suprise. And just when I was congratulating myself on it I manage to shift back to 2nd instead of 4th for the fast right hander.....  Roll Eyes
Had a great fight with PorcoRosso ( twice as I spun out after a while ). The 2nd was in the 2nd to last lap where I just managed to get by before the finish line....only to find out theres still a lap to go  Grin
Which meant doing another beautiful pirouette  Cool

All in all a pretty good race, these cars are more fun to battle then I thought they would. I was expecting mayham in the first few laps  Grin

I have to miss the race next week unfortunately.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:36:04 PM +0100 by Maikel K. » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2017, 09:44:37 PM +0100 »

That was great fun  Smiley

I shouldn't be pleased with 8th, but I am!  Grin

Pre race warmup made me think I'm in for a long night as I seemed to be getting slower than faster, but tried a lower gearbox ratio and suddenly realised my reason for too much understeer.. my gears were too long  Roll Eyes dufus  Hit with a wet fish After that I finally broke into the 44's ..eureka  Grin

Got a good race start (despite realising I hadn't practised one!) and had fun duking with sutol and simon for first 15 mins but at Surtees I didn't slot the gear in properly and stupidly then slammed it into 2nd...instant spin and lost 7 seconds and a place to matteo  Cry
Thought that was race destroyed but picked my pace up if anything, and tried braking earlier in a few corners to improve my laptimes. After a great multi lap fight I got past Matteo after a couple of place swaps. Good fun.
Then a wayward Frex and Sutol rejoined from up ahead to create a 3 way fight again and after another good fight I got past both of them  too  Shocked
I then caught a pair of squabbling back markers and sutol mounted a late attack but I kept a defensive line for last few corners and just crossed the line ahead of him  

Really good fun fighting hard and close with several drivers and it's tough maintaining 30mins of pure focus, but all the more rewarding  Cool might have finished higher still without the mis-shift but get the feeling that may be a regular feature  Tongue
Promises to be a good series  thumbup1
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:50:17 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:50 PM +0100 »

Was a funny race, and I can say that I saw fairplay a lot there, start very clean and fair fights
I did a great fight against Maikel; I was all time much more slow, but he was a bit unlucky and I catch a good 5th for me.
Thanks to all players, hope to cya you all at the next round!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:05:32 PM +0100 by PorcoRosso86 » Logged

frex

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2017, 11:40:50 PM +0100 »

Fun race, just love driving this car. But yeah, all that talk about H-shifters and sure enough I have a couple of mis-shifts that cost me places..!

Good start, and got away initially to build up a gap. Ran fairly alone in P7 for much of the race until I screwed up the downshift into Surtees and spun. Simon and ChrisT went by (sorry Simon for not seeing you as I tried to get going again), and MJ almost too. Some good laps fighting with MJ until I missed a gear coming out of the last corner which allowed him to come past as well. Thrilling stuff, and looking forward to the next races.

Congrats podium.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 12:22:15 AM +0100 »

I'd have to agree with Chris in that using paddles gives a big advantage over manual shifting. My th8 is mounted on my low left (like a real car) and does mean steering one handed and downshifting into apexes, so as he says, having both hands on the wheel is an advantage and pretty sure the paddle shift 'click' itself is much quicker than a manual shift and also lessens the chance of mis-shifting/fumbling.
But having said that I'd much rather use the realistic shifter for old cars even if it does lose me tenths  euro

Gawd I'm slow in these compared to Gt cars  Cry I was hoping these cars would really close the field up but my gap to aliens has got wider  Cry couldn't do any further practise last night as I was too fubared from work  Sad

Bet these look great from the cockpit with a vr headset, I'm tempted to get one but want to try it out first plus I may as well wait for v2 now

There's your problem then,  it should be level with your wheel and on the right in these  Tongue
(exactly my GPL setup, except the BRM's where it's on the left)

@Dave. AC seems to simulate older manual transmissions,  if you're damaging the gears then change slower. And always fully use the clutch. It takes a little while to get used to but really are to the immersion when you have to concentrate on not not rushing shifts.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2017, 08:22:00 AM +0100 »

These cars are really good fun to haul around the track. Even if you find yourself in no mans land, it is still very enjoyable. Strangely i could not match my practice pace and due to a not so great start found myself falling back a bit. However with so many good race drivers around it felt great racing everybody.
In the final laps Bob re-caught me and after some laps i got it too sideways out of Druids and he slipped by. I reckoned all i could do was to follow him home, but he out-braked himself into Clearways and scared me enough to run wide also. It looked like an action packed race. Looking forward to the next outing.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2017, 09:00:10 AM +0100 »

Missed a gear in the final couple of laps and ended up in the gravel, 2 lapped cars got by and Mark Angry Got past the 2 back markers but Mark defended well and he crossed the line around 0.1s in front.

Still learning so be patient
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 10:38:22 AM +0100 »

Quite enjoyed that one  Grin These cars are not an easy drive, but are very rewarding when it goes well....
Had some great laps dicing with Larry, I fell off, then he fell off, repeat repeat, I was a bit faster so could catch
eventually, but near the end we were side by side somewhere, and I kept right to give room, kept looking
left, but lost sight of Larry? did you go off? did you disco? I felt no contact anywhere.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:28 PM +0100 »

I was barely able to control the car during the race, despite this fact I had some good duel with Bob and Mark. The rest of the race was pretty an attempt to keep my car on the grey stuff.

I guessed that my setup was completely wrong so I switched again to defalut before the start, but it didn't help to improve my practice best lap during the race. My pace on this car was horrible and by half race I started to turn on 1.47 laptimes.

I will try to race the next one and I hope to be more consistent.
Never happened to me to be five seconds off pace by the fastest chaps (I know... there's always a first time Smiley), and I found that situation at least a bit frustrating to be honest. Embarrassed

Sadness Cry

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 02:46:11 PM +0100 »

I learned during lap 1, not to trust Helicorsa in these cars. When somebody is right behind you, it shows you somebody is alongside by colouring yellow. First time that happened was in Druids, where it showed Chris on my left and as we went past the apex, all of a sudden it showed right. Thought to myself, how on earth did he switch back so quickly.

Then same at Stirlings bend, but this time I thought Maikel got a run on me on the left with Chris on the right. So I stayed in the middle which was a line I never took there, so immediatly messed up and lost 2 places  Tongue.

Was able to get the place from Maikel back the next lap, but the gap to Chris was around 2-3 seconds and in order to try and close that, I'd have to drive over the limit, so I focussed on 2nd place. Halfway through the race though, Chris spun and all of a sudden I was leading. Kept an eye on the gap behind and calculated roughly what I can lose every lap in order to stay ahead as it's so easy to lose the car when you push.

The guys behind me were battling which caused them time, which gave me the option to drive around with a safe margin to spinning  Tongue.

Here's what I mean with Helicorsa playing tricks on me:

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:42 PM +0100 »

It was nice seeing some names that I haven't raced against in a while. Also, I enjoyed dicing with Dave Curtis at the start. I was watching ahead for a T1 crash, but everyone left room for one another. Congrats to Jeffrey on the win.

My race pace was slow and steady. I was only able to gain on the car ahead when they made a mistake. I caught up to the 16th place car as the lead lap cars were weaving their way past. I know that there was a couple of times that I had to slow down more than normal, and the drivers around me did a good job avoiding my mistake. The battle for 16th place was decided in the last turn on the last lap. I took the inside line, but unfortunately I could not keep to the inside. I slid into the outside lane Shocked. I might have unintentionally blocked Larry. If he had a better exit out of the last turn on the last lap, he would have taken the position back on run to the finish line. Good race everyone.  

I will hopefully get up to speed with stracker, and other apps (Does anyone use "real time" AC app for the race). Also, I hope to learn how to choose the correct skin before the next race. Thanks, Walter

Sunday Driver
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:53 PM +0100 »

Also, I hope to learn how to choose the correct skin before the next race. Thanks, Walter

You need to pick a skin at anytime and let me know which one you want. I then put that skin in the entry list, which is why I needed your steam GUID (Check your PM's Wink ).

Then you'll get that skin everytime and you don't need to pick anything anymore Smiley.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com