The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 09:31:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A6 Donington Park 1938: November 08, 2017
November 08, 2017, 09:53:15 AM +0000 - Donington Park (GP) - UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Felix Simoes

Lotus 25 {unknown} 3 +0.871
---
1 31:46.396
---
16 1:57.365
---
Firestone  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 4 +1.670
---
2 +8.799
---
16 1:58.226
---
Firestone  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 2 +0.438
---
3 +25.893
---
16 1:58.423
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 7 +2.124
---
4 +37.082
---
16 1:58.202
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 8 +4.147
---
5 +50.253
---
16 1:59.267
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 10 +5.136
---
6 +54.686
---
16 2:00.504
---
Firestone  
Sutol

Lotus 25 {unknown} 9 +4.244
---
7 +56.941
---
16 2:00.218
---
Firestone  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 12 +7.483
---
8 +1:45.867
---
16 2:02.580
---
Firestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 11 +6.006
---
9 +1L
---
15 2:01.632
---
Firestone  
Fred Joseph
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 14 +11.222
---
10 +32.802
---
15 2:05.958
---
Firestone  
ChrisR

Lotus 25 {unknown} 1 1:56.344
---
11 +2L
---
14 1:56.851
---
Firestone  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 15 +15.751
---
12 +3L
---
13 2:07.662
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 REV
Lotus 25 {unknown} 13 +9.016
---
13 +6L
---
10 2:02.526
---
Firestone  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 5 +1.889
---
14 +7L
---
9 1:58.489
---
Firestone  
Manteos

Lotus 25 {unknown} 6 +2.062
---
DNS ---
---
Firestone  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Fred Joseph
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25 - Donington Park 1938 - Nov 8  (Read 4331 times)
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 08:01:01 PM +0000 »

Angry under the weather will give it miss have fun all.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 09:05:03 PM +0000 »

I apologize with Fabri or PorcoRosso, forgot which of the two I tapped. Then I decided to wait the for the other driver lifting the throttle on the exit of the corner, when usually the other guys are full gas. Nothing to say apart from sorry and that was my fault.
I guess it's better to take a break with these cars for me. They're really fun, but I don't feel in control of the situation when I have some cars near me. In this case I just opened the gas before the car in front of me and in two milliseconds I was on his back causing him a spin. Can't take the measures with these beasts... I'm only adanger on track.

See you Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Fred Joseph

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 09:14:31 PM +0000 »

Goal before the race : stay on track.
Goal achieved : Top 10

(in front of ChrisR  Tongue Tongue Tongue)
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 09:17:02 PM +0000 »

I spent all of practice making big set-up changes, but for qualifying, I decided to go back to what I had before hand. I qualified dead last, but it was with full fuel, and I was still making setup changes.  Grin

The race start felt a little crowded so I slowed down a bot just to fall in line for the first lap. I slowed down again to allow other drivers to rejoin the track. Then I had a really solid race until the last ten minutes when my game froze. I suspect that it could have been my internet. I might unplug or turn off a few devices on my network before the next race.  

Good race all,
Walter

Sunday Driver
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2017, 09:18:48 PM +0000 »

Yeah, that was me Matteo  Grin

Wasn't to bothered with the spin, but then I was eager to get back so I though I'd squeeze through the castle gate/bridge thingy 2 abreast. I thought I had room enough but apparently my rear tyre hit the fence causing me to spin around again with some pretty massive damage ( after watching the replay there was still a good half a meter of space there, stupid hitbox  Roll Eyes ) I had fun moving through the pack and catching up to Mark after a while. The top 3 were to far ahead but I had a pretty good 4th place, until I lost it with the braking at the corner before the long straight ( was working on a killer of a lap  Cool ) which caused me to understeer like crazy unto the little hill/mountain. Got back on track and noticed that my left front tyre was facing a 90 degree angle inward  Huh  Oh well, if it were a crash in real life it would've destroyed the car aswell. Still enjoyed the track, really suits these cars very well.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 10:24:40 PM +0000 »

I apologize with Fabri or PorcoRosso, forgot which of the two I tapped. Then I decided to wait the for the other driver lifting the throttle on the exit of the corner, when usually the other guys are full gas. Nothing to say apart from sorry and that was my fault.
I guess it's better to take a break with these cars for me. They're really fun, but I don't feel in control of the situation when I have some cars near me. In this case I just opened the gas before the car in front of me and in two milliseconds I was on his back causing him a spin. Can't take the measures with these beasts... I'm only adanger on track.

See you Smiley

I helped there too, couldn't miss you when you lifted so tapped you - then got clobbered from behind and properly hit you.
Sorry  Sad
Sorry also to Chris Thorpe who I must have scared half to death into the Hairpin - totally not an attempt to pass you but I suffered a major lock up and had to pick a side to pass you on. Choose the insode as I was already slightly to your right and just let go of the brakes enough to fire up the inside before you could turn in  Grin
Looks cool on the replay at least...

Aside from those two incidents I had a very tidy race, I greatly enjoyed the fight back up to 4th from 13th.
I seem to be working out some useful settings for these now, last week was a waste of time as I was so exhausted come race time.

Thanks for the racing guys  Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2017, 11:19:36 PM +0000 »

Reasonably decent race for me. Feared the worst based on the stracker times but actually improved my pb's tonight getting into the 59's.

Race start was intense with 4 cars abreast and a swarm heading into t1  Shocked but it all looked clean for the most part other than a couple of cars falling off up ahead.
I spent most of the race in 4th until Maikel demoted me for a short while, but he fell off and I stayed 4th until 8 mins to go. But I got a wheel off in the tricky woods and ran wide losing 6 seconds  Sad big shame as it gave Fmg a free pass to close right up and he pretty much breezed past as I was hot and flustered from the off. I chased for a bit only to clip a fence and lose a further 8 secs  Roll Eyes

Other than those two schmuck moments I had a clean race and got a well earned 5th on a very tough track.  Smiley

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 10:27:20 AM +0000 »

A good race for me, at least.
Qualify 4. Had the pace to do a better time, but yesterday I had no chances to do a clean lap
Good start, but lost my rpm when I put the second gear. I saw some contacts on my mirrors, and Matteo, isn't necessary to apologize, I hadn't any contact from you Grin
Stayed flanked with ChrisR for 2 or 3 corners, and taked the lead the next lap.
After some laps (1/3 of race circa) I went along on first corner, lost my lead to Felix and until the end try to manage my gap from the third. After the bad result on Zand, I needed a good place on Don!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:29:49 PM +0000 by PorcoRosso86 » Logged

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 12:36:44 PM +0000 »

Utterly, utterly poor performance from me tonight..

Started by rushing home, burn my tea, shower was ice cold! Then by the time i gof on (5 mins left of practise) the rift kept steaming up so couldnt see, my qualify was done with one eye totally blurred. :/ then the mother of all cock ups, i clicked the wrong setup for the race!!

Car was all over, at the start it didnt seem too bad as i was taking it easy but as i started to push the car didnt want to know.. tired, confused and half blind i missed a brake marker and that ended my lead, then i miss shifted hurtling me into them ramps, both left side wheels were 90degrees off what they should be!

Tried to limp it home but in the end just returned to pits.. i should of stopped there really but i carried on hoping to make sone spots back, got tangled up with the leaders which i wanted to avoid, so appologies if i messed anyone's laps up,

Putting tgat race behind me!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 12:48:30 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed that, even though I managed to bend suspension and steering with an off at the final hairpin half way through
Was having a good dice with Simon, but after the off I was way too slow, took a few laps to relearn how to
drive the car that wanted to go left all the time, and scared Fred and Walter a bit perhaps, sorry for that
I was not entirely in control of where the car went  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Felix Simoes

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 02:23:55 PM +0000 »

Looking at the end result one might think I had the perfect race, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

During qualify my mouse fell on the floor hard. Didn't worry too much as I wouldn't need it until the end of the qualify. When the end come and I picked up the mouse (wireless by the way) it wasn't working any more... Now you can imagine the stress I felt with the race start coming fast and I had no way to click on the start button. Had to call out for my son for him to bring me his mouse so that I could join the race. Grin

Then when the race was about to start I had the missing start light bug. Because of that I had no idea when to I could start. So what I did was wait and only start when I saw the other cars moving. That meant I lost a lot of positions immediately. I apologise for causing a bit of a confusing with Sutol having to do an emergency move to avoid my almost stoped car.

As usual I was trying to be careful in the first corner but I got a bit of a tap which almost made me spin. Luckily I managed to save it, but I think I lost another position with that. Then a few corners ahead a few car tangled up and I rear ended someone that had dropped speed drastically (probably because of having rear ended someone else). Again I was lucky for not sustaining too much damage and could keep up my race pace.

I think because of all that confusion, I experienced another weird bug. My front wheels were - visually - static. Did not rotate, steer or move up and down on the bumps. It had no implication on the car stability but created a weird feeling while driving. I felt like going back 20/25 years where racing games did not have all this fancy animations of today's games.  Cheesy

A few laps after that I went up to second when Chris went off and pushed to try to get PorcoRosso. I was faster a few tenths a lap and I knew I could catch him. But I wasn't too sure about passing and keeping in front of him. But he also went off on T1 and I got the first position. After that I gradually increased my distance and it could have been a quite race until the end.

By that time ChrisR was back on track and right behind me. So I engaged in a bit of a fight pushing to keep him back. It was fun with a couple of scary moments.  Grin

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 05:04:26 PM +0000 »

A stage very tricky. My first thought was to get to the end without dying.

A track that i didn't know and i struggled to understand. I went very slow during the practice, but yesterday i pulled out from the cylinder (hat) a good feeling and i managed to make good qualifying laps, getting a 2nd place on the grid.

I started pretty badly, and i had a slight contact with Felix, which made us lose several positions. Before the grove it happened a huge accident involving few cars, but i passed unscathed. The lap after, Chris made a long and came back behind me. We fought a couple of times until he took advantage, but after few corners he did a mistake and went out.
After being quite far from Porco, i preferred simply administer the position.
In the last two laps i had great panic-moments, reviewing the red lotus of Chris, who was going like frenzied. I was really scared. Shocked

A nice race, hard and raw.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:10:58 PM +0000 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 05:47:30 PM +0000 »

@FMG yes I did think that it was a 'brave' move but you got away with it, then I don't know what happened but I ended up in front of you again. Then you tried the same move aqain!! but this time I held you off. Next lap I covered the rhs to stop your kamikase dive, so you decided to go round the outside lol and made it stick - well done.

My race was scuppered right from the start when I missed my brake point on the first lap whilst trying to avoid some swerving cars in front of me. Went head long into the concrete hay bales ffs. Ended up with a highly modified nose!!

Still enjoyed the race but a little disappointed that I didn't finish higher up the order.

Still learning so be patient
Fred Joseph

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 07:41:38 AM +0000 »

and scared Fred and Walter a bit perhaps, sorry for that
I was not entirely in control of where the car went  Roll Eyes

Yes you did  laugh laugh laugh
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2017, 02:41:56 PM +0000 »

@FMG yes I did think that it was a 'brave' move but you got away with it, then I don't know what happened but I ended up in front of you again. Then you tried the same move aqain!! but this time I held you off. Next lap I covered the rhs to stop your kamikase dive, so you decided to go round the outside lol and made it stick - well done.

My race was scuppered right from the start when I missed my brake point on the first lap whilst trying to avoid some swerving cars in front of me. Went head long into the concrete hay bales ffs. Ended up with a highly modified nose!!

Still enjoyed the race but a little disappointed that I didn't finish higher up the order.

On the 2nd occasion that was roughly my normal braking point, I was possibly slowing earlier than usual as I didn't think I could pass you from that far back  Smiley
Watching the replay I see you opted for braking more gently to avoid the risk of lockups on the bumps. There's a lot of time to be had in trying to balance the braking across the bumps although the risk - as you saw from my unintentional divebomb - is fairly high.
Ironically I discovered the absolute leftmost edge of the track is actually pretty flat and smooth when I went around the outside of you.
I changed my line for most of the remaining laps  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com