The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:26:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A6 Longford: November 29, 2017
November 29, 2017, 09:57:55 AM +0000 - Longford - UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 3 +1.100
---
1 30:31.268
---
12 2:30.337
---
Firestone  
ChrisR

Lotus 25 {unknown} 2 +0.540
---
2 +6.460
---
12 2:29.361
---
Firestone  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 14 +8.357
---
3 +53.596
---
12 2:32.131
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 8 +4.469
---
4 +54.305
---
12 2:32.657
---
Firestone  
Sutol

Lotus 25 {unknown} 11 +5.658
---
5 +1:31.537
---
12 2:34.742
---
Firestone  
Felix Simoes

Lotus 25 {unknown} 5 +1.521
---
6 +4:42.761
---
12 2:30.033
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 7 +4.426
---
7 +1L
---
11 2:33.215
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 13 +7.004
---
8 +3.631
---
11 2:34.513
---
Firestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} 12 +6.999
---
9 +4L
---
8 2:35.909
---
Firestone  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} 1 2:28.699
---
10 +10L
---
2 2:36.757
---
Firestone  
PorcoRosso86
 Magnesium Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 4 +1.310
---
DNS ---
---
Firestone  
Manteos

Lotus 25 {unknown} 6 +2.352
---
---
---
Firestone  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} 9 +4.709
---
---
---
Firestone  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus 25 {unknown} 10 +4.857
---
---
---
Firestone  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 REV
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Jeffrey

Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Fred Joseph
 Team Shark
Lotus 25 {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
2:28.699
---
Maikel K.
Qualifying
Lotus 25November 29, 2017, 09:57:55 AM +0000
A6
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
2:29.361
---
ChrisR
Race
Lotus 25November 29, 2017, 09:57:55 AM +0000
A6
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 6 Lotus 25 - Longford - Nov 29  (Read 4783 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:46:17 PM +0000 »

if the target is to race like in real life, why would the race be restarted ? we dont get restarts in real life..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_red-flagged_Formula_One_races

I see what you mean now..

as i understand it a red flag is to indicate that the race must be stopped for safety reasons and is usually restarted shortly after, unless the red flag is waved too close to the end of the race at which time they class that as race over... but a red flag restart would not include the drivers that crashed out. I am not totally against restarts but i think the general consensus to restarts is that if we know that we get a 2nd chance chances are people will drive more dangerously.. having a no restart policy tries to ensure that people take extra care not to cause an incident in the first place, otherwise you will just end your race and probably end others race too.

i would love to be able to write the solution to first lap incidents, or possible ways to make them happen less.. but the reality is that if people don't practise, then there are going to be accidents..

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 10:47:14 PM +0000 »

I fully agree with Chris.
Why restart the race? I also do not even know if it's allowed (or common/good-sense) to spamming the restart vote while the others are racing.

At each race we are saying that the tracks are dangerous, always on the forum. I wonder how they are only 4-5 pilots to make training on a server in the days preceded the race.
It would perhaps make obligatory at least 30-40 laps of traning.

Qual: these pilots who do no training and going slow, or worse still don't know the track, then you find them on the track during the few (15) minutes of Qual. It's like rolling dice with only 15 mins. It is advisable to increase or do the access at only pilots who have trained during the week.

If you don't like the F1 of 60s and these tracks, do not take part at this championship, easy.  Wink
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:50:40 PM +0000 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 10:59:30 PM +0000 »

I think I’m with Manteos on this one, with such a pile up taking out half the grid within a few corners it should have been a restart. But somebody needs to be delegated with that responsibility and have the power to do so. It’s pretty rare here for us to need that thankfully but tonight was one of them.
But I do also think everyone shouldn’t go so mad on such a narrow tricky track on the opening few corners. Leave a little space and you get a little room to avoid any mishaps ahead. Easier said than done, I know  Smiley
Maybe create a rule that those who don’t set practise times on stracker or before the race must start at the back and leave a gap on lap 1  Undecided

I actually managed to avoid the carnage only to get a rear nerf into the hay bales   Tongue then at the next fast corner I touched the brakes as normal only to get speared off hard into the scenery so assume something got broken by the fairly light hit  Undecided

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 11:20:40 PM +0000 »

Just my 5 cents
50 laps min. of practice on server during the week before the race.
At race day. 15 mins of practice, 35 of qual and the the rest of the time as race.
No partecipation at the race day if haven't complete the 50 laps. I and Fabri tested in a little champ series some months ago with these rules, and worked very well.

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 11:29:01 PM +0000 »

@ ChrisR spot on mate

Still learning so be patient
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 11:39:12 PM +0000 »

@Chris.

I was referreing in particular at the years in which teams had a back-up car ready to race inside the box. The restart of the race was frequent. However at the times of Clark there were no such back-up cars, so 'historically' speaking you are right.

However guys, it's not a shame to ask for a restart after such a carnage. I'm the first to say that chatting during a race is annoying, but after watching a carnage like this the race lost completely sense. If there was a bit of common sense the race would have been restarted. Nobody die if for 1 time we restart a race. I'm not saying that this must be the routine like in the EACC championship in which the first three races were restarted for two or three times each. That was a shame.
This time the grid wasn't really big, and if more than half of the driver got involved in an incident I guess it's not spamming on the chat to ask for a restart, but is a matter of common sense. Nobody answered apart from Maikel, so the distrub was not so intense and you can punish me for the subsequent 4 races that, in any case, I will not join  Roll Eyes

After reading your word Fabri & Chris, I don't think you will get more people involved in this champ. If people simply don't have time to make some training we cannot blame them. We have choosen really difficult tracks for this car and it's not a car that you can approach with 15 minutes like I did at Monaco, in which I torpedoed the poor Simon. Yesterday I spent the first hour of training only to understand where I had to brake, crashing for 45 minutes without finishing a SINGLE lap. Than I had to spend another couple of hours to complete an entire stint without crashing every lap. The majority of the people do not have all this time, and the last 3 races starting by Monaco had been a destruction derby for me. Why spend again time on training when in the last 3 races I managed to complete 4 laps?

That would be surely lack of common sense.  Cheesy

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 12:09:02 AM +0000 »

Under the circumstances is a re run out of the question?

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:57 AM +0000 »

Under the circumstances is a re run out of the question?

Yes ! Because its not a very fun combo! Lol

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 12:27:32 AM +0000 »

I think I’m with Manteos on this one, with such a pile up taking out half the grid within a few corners it should have been a restart. But somebody needs to be delegated with that responsibility and have the power to do so. It’s pretty rare here for us to need that thankfully but tonight was one of them.
But I do also think everyone shouldn’t go so mad on such a narrow tricky track on the opening few corners. Leave a little space and you get a little room to avoid any mishaps ahead. Easier said than done, I know  Smiley
Maybe create a rule that those who don’t set practise times on stracker or before the race must start at the back and leave a gap on lap 1  Undecided

I actually managed to avoid the carnage only to get a rear nerf into the hay bales   Tongue then at the next fast corner I touched the brakes as normal only to get speared off hard into the scenery so assume something got broken by the fairly light hit  Undecided

I think if 1 incident was responsible for wiping out the grid then fine, a restart may of been acceptable, but if you watch the replay you will notice it was a collection of different incidents caused by, and i will be frank, incompetance

Lets just run with whatever the rules say..

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 04:16:56 AM +0000 »

Lets just run with whatever the rules say..

Rules state this:

The race will not be restarted unless there are extraordinary circumstances such as a mass disco or a pileup involving more than 50% of the field.

However, I do agree with Chris that having a restart as backup could get people to take more risks.

I'll need to check how I can manage a restart. Maybe set the number of votes to more than 50% of the drivers, so they have to start a vote and then all agree to restart. Abuse of that will obviously be penalized. Suggestions are welcome tho.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 07:36:24 AM +0000 »

We have very efficient virtual marshals - they are able to clear up all accidents before the cars come around on their next lap. No need for restarts Wink

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 09:14:04 AM +0000 »

That settles that then.  Smiley

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 10:22:29 AM +0000 »

A restart was the only sensible option last night, hours of practice for nothing, some of us do put the time in contrary to what's said on here, is it a rule we have to do our praccy on the server nono nono
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 11:07:40 AM +0000 »

Sort of enjoyed this one, had done lots of practice, mostly to get a setup that wouldn't spin me
off into the bush at every braking area. Seriously embarrassed by spearing Sutol... phone lit
up with a txt, which distracted me, and I counted the wrong 2 marker posts after the guy with
the red flag approaching the last corner.......... result - I had no chance of stopping, thought
I would just miss everyone and fly down the excape road, but sadly did make contact.

Entirely my fault of course,  hang Having driven 3 hrs to get home for this I may not have been
at my best anyway... I have grown to like these cars very much, they are awkward
but with a safe setup, are a load of fun. IMHO.

BTW, people talk about esc to pits for repairs and then continuing. I GTL if you esc, you esc out
of the race, and can't get back in. Last night I got caught up in some trackside furniture
and bent the steering so badly that I had to quit, how do you esc for repairs and then continue?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:16:17 AM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:25 AM +0000 »

I had to teleport to the pits as the car was so utterly totalled and then found myself sat there for 2 whole minutes!
Eventually managed to leave and rejoined a few seconds ahead of MJ.
@ Matt this happens I think.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com