The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 07:45:38 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3b Nürburgring: November 19, 2017
November 19, 2017, 09:16:40 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (GP) - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3 (2nd Series)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Bentley Continental GT3 GT3 1 1:59.795
---
1 30:39.552
---
15 0 1:59.537
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2 +3.428
---
2 +44.702
---
15 0 2:02.742
---
Michelin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 (2nd Series) - Nürburgring - Nov 19  (Read 1452 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:56 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 30 Minutes

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" class

Track: Nurburgring GP
Time of Day Setting
: Afternoon

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x1
Fuel consumption: x1
Pit-stops: no pitstop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Tracks for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:34:59 PM +0000 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:26:05 PM +0000 »

We are back to R3E this weekend, a 50 minute mini enduro with a pitstop. So don't forget to map your pitstop buttons and do a couple of practice pitstops as the pitstop procedure in R3E usually catches someone out!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:16:37 PM +0000 »

Looking forward to this Cool

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:00:50 PM +0000 »

I'm in Brum for the next two Sundays, and London the one after, so I will be away for most of the
next 3 weeks events. I might get back Wednesdays perhaps, but otherwise I am out of it for
a while  Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:37 PM +0000 »

Sorry chaps, won't be able to make the next couple of thursday/sunday races. Hope to be back soon though.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:49:57 PM +0000 »

Just me then, oh well.

The fuel consumption needs determining prior to the race!

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:26 PM +0000 »

Fuel multiplier set to x3.
Server set to practice mode for this race
Race announcement has been updated.

I have not had time to do much practice, if my rough calculations are right we will need to use between one and two tanks of fuel for this race, if anyone disagrees let me know.

Could I please have a show of hands of who is planning on racing tomorrow night, if its just going to be 2 or 3 of us I will change the race format to 30 min sprint
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:33:53 PM +0000 by SRW » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:18:19 AM +0000 »

I'd be interest to know why people only see to stick to driving the same cars? Matt and Pete both stick to the Ford GT, Frex will drive the Mustang. Do people own the latest cars?

I always tryout most of them to find a car that has some benefit to my driving. The Audi has good initial turn in to the slow corners and faster corners with the engine location, but does understeer a bit and struggle to lean on the front sometimes. I find the fixed diff settings are the primary handling trait in each car; the maclarens for this are the hardest to drive, with too much understeer off throttle that you put more oversteer back in in the chassis which then hurts you on acceleration being very loose.

The front engined BMW and Bentley put more weight on the front which helps be more positive, but you need to offset the inherent understeer with stiffening up the rear with ARB and dampers. And in all cars using the traction control settings to help fine tune the level of slip. The turbo cars have better torque and low down accel.

I'm more than happy to help with car setups.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 11:36:20 AM +0000 »

Spanner, if you have any Audi setups for tonight I would be interested, I usually end up using default game setups due to lack of time to practice/minimal knowledge on setting up cars.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 01:10:51 PM +0000 »

Off the top of my head i would look to what i've used in the past. Something around these main changes.....

F/R

Springs 180/200

Bump 4 / 8
Rebound 12/9

Drop the ride height, but keep the rake
brake bias around 54%

increase front toe out a click or two.

Use the off-throttle locking to its advantage especially in the tighter corners, so you can carry more speed in knowing coming off throttle will allow the car to turn.

Oh and increase rear camber to -2.2 --2.5

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 05:09:03 PM +0000 »

Done a couple of laps with that, with 100L onboard, with rear camber of -2.5. Time was a 2.00.6 Gearing feels a little off, 2nd is slighty too short so locked the rears slightly into the haipin and the corner before.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 08:36:16 PM +0000 »

NOTE, due to low attendance:
Race shortened to 30 mins
Fuel x1
No pitstop required
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 12:14:12 AM +0000 »

I'd be interest to know why people only see to stick to driving the same cars? Matt and Pete both stick to the Ford GT, Frex will drive the Mustang. Do people own the latest cars?

With the retro H-shift car groups, I buy the whole sets. With the more modern flappy paddle stuff I just get a single car/livery just to be able to compete in the races. Although I did get a bit bored driving the GT3 Mustang the whole time, so I've also got the Nissan now as well. Those are the only GT3s that I have though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com