The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 12:31:31 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim gear up for grabs  (Read 771 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 03:24:29 PM +0000 »

I have problems with my Driving Force GT that i don't know how to resolve. Is the Fanatec still available?

sorry Dimitar, everything is spoken for already.

No problem GT, i'm happy that the various sim gear will get a second life rather than sitting idly in my loft. I really should have moved it on a long time ago but forgot it was still there. Only Tim mentioning his hardware issues the other night prompted me into action. Besides, you and Stefan are almost family we've raced so long together  Grin

i sold all my newer Fanatec gear to a guy on the Porsche cup forum but really should have offered it here first.  Undecided

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 03:36:17 PM +0000 »

No problem. Smiley Great initiative from you, hope it will be used with joy by it's new owner.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 03:58:19 PM +0000 »

Hey Dimitar. Looks like my DFGT will be redundand any time soon. Happy to pass it on to you if you want it. But if you're like me and fed up with it, you are better of sourcing a real upgrade in gear.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 04:00:10 PM +0000 »

No, she doesn't - this is far too 'car geeky' and she'd be unlikely to track me further than my normal haunts in the race threads even if she did come on here Wink
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 04:14:57 PM +0000 »

I love DFGT but there is some problem with it in the last couple of weeks when it disconnects it self in the race session, and believe me it's a big problem Cheesy It suits me great as i race maynly old games like GT Legends and GTR 2.

I am going to test it in the next week as i reinstall my PC because i thing that maybe the problem was with the driver and some win system files.

I'll be really happy to have your as well at least for back up, because now i can't afford buying new wheel.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 05:13:32 PM +0000 »

As for the pedal set. If you think it will still work with current Windows, it would make a great setup with the CSR. Does it connect with USB or something?

I use BRD Speed7's with Win10 no problem. AC, GTL recognise them. Win10 knows what it is, no drivers. Connection is via USB, I think it's called USB A to USB B, like a printer cable. I use them as a second controller with my G27 wheel. Unfortunately, I have the 2 pedal version - no clutch (although there is space for one) - so AC is very difficult with a shifter. I'd love a clutch now, but BRD went out of business and I haven't found spares.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 02:24:25 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the reminder Andy  Smiley

Good news, i tested the CSR Elite and the BRD's and both work and were detected in control panel correctly  Smiley  Fanatec still provide the manual, firmware and drivers for the wheel on their website.

Will get the Logitech out next and check that.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 08:32:41 PM +0000 »

thumbup2
That is music to my ears.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 01:12:36 PM +0000 »

Good news Goldtop, the Logi 25 works and still looks brand new!  Smiley  I downloaded the latest drivers from Logitech and installed it fine, so will be winging its way to you soon.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 02:24:50 PM +0000 »

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 05:20:56 PM +0100 »

Guys, some more gear up for sale.

I am selling my current triple monitor setup. 3x24" (1920x1080) Asus VC239H monitors and fully adjustable desk mount triples stand.  Price is £100 for the lot. A bargain as its about £600 worth of kit when new. All monitors work perfectly and still have original boxes. I would recommend a collection in person but could always arrange a courier at buyers cost. Shout up if interested, its a cheap way into a great triples setup. Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 05:37:05 PM +0100 »

Erm.. they look bigger than 16x9 24"s!

£100 for 3 is good, they might have been worth £600 when you bought them but now 24" are quite cheap.

I'm stuck what to upgrade mine to! 16:9 27"s are only going to be the same size as my current 16:10 24"s

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 11:39:46 PM +0100 »

Of course that was original price, but these monitors still fetch upto £100 each on eBay. Which is where I’ll sell them if nobody wants the setup  Smiley More convenient for me to sell as a set and thought i would offer them on here first.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2021, 10:31:48 PM +0100 »

Triples and stand now sold elsewhere.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com