The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 04:58:25 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A3B Le Mans: November 12, 2017
November 12, 2017, 01:56:42 PM +0000 - Le Mans (Sarthe (2006+)) - UKAC Season 3 Blancpain
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Toyota TS040 LMP1 1 3:34.678
---
1 1:03:14.551
---
17 3:34.608
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R18 LMP1 4 +23.120
---
2 +2:24.973
---
17 3:39.350
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Toyota TS040 LMP1 3 +11.593
---
3 +3:19.619
---
17 3:42.940
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Toyota TS040 LMP1 5 +27:43:05.321
---
4 +3:21.756
---
17 3:45.897
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Audi R18 LMP1 2 +3.971
---
5 +1L
---
16 3:42.105
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Toyota TS040 LMP1 6 +27:43:05.321
---
6 +16L
---
1 4:41.242
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - LMP1- Le Mans - Nov 12  (Read 3402 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 11:44:59 PM +0000 »

Don't forget it is endurance weekend this week as we are having a special LeMans race using the LMP1's on Sunday night!

I will be having a practice at setting up the server at some point over the weekend, probably Saturday morning, I will put announcement up before hand.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 12:06:58 AM +0000 »

I have updated the race announcement, we will now have the usual Sunday night schedule of practice starting at 8pm and Qualifying at 8:30.

I have decided to do away with the prebooking option as the amount of racers showing an interest doesn't warrant it.

I will be trying out server settings early tomorrow morning (Saturday). I will post on here when the server will be unavailable
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 07:25:32 PM +0000 »

I don't seem to have anything with "LMP1" in it's name, not a great fan of LeMans, cars with push to go faster
or endurance races, so I will miss this one, which is a shame as it's the one SUnday for the next 4 that I could race.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 08:19:27 PM +0000 »

I will be turning the server off in a few minutes to verify my settings for tomorrow nights race
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 10:02:21 PM +0000 »

the server is now set for practice for tomorrow nights race.

remember I have changed the race announcement, I have done away with the prebooking system. practice starts at 8pm, qualifying at 8:30. You can join any time up until the end of qualifying
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 12:39:05 PM +0000 »

I figured which cars these are now, and they drive nicely, so If I get back in time I will join.
One question. Is it Kers or DRS? I assume KERS. do I have to set keys for KERS recovery + etc
or just a key for KERS activation? I have set "charging" as per Ed's suggestion.

When I press the button I have assigned to KERS activation, nothing noticeable happens.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:43 PM +0000 »

I figured which cars these are now, and they drive nicely, so If I get back in time I will join.
One question. Is it Kers or DRS? I assume KERS. do I have to set keys for KERS recovery + etc
or just a key for KERS activation? I have set "charging" as per Ed's suggestion.

When I press the button I have assigned to KERS activation, nothing noticeable happens.

With manual KERS comes a lot more micromanagement. It's apparently faster, but IMO, low presservative with automatic KERS is more consistant for me, especially when you are new to the car. You can still press the KERS button for push to pass.

When you have the stock RPM gauge app on screen, you can see a yellow bar. That's the KERS available for that lap and you need to keep the button pressed for it to keep giving power.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 01:31:05 PM +0000 »

I will go with the audi for this. Biggest isue i have is the track tbh. Its very narrow and doenst look that great. I cant go near any kurbs.

Its a shame you can only use such a small amount of energy as clearly the car is generating and storing far more based on the watching the green and yellow bars on the rpm gauge.

Its going to be interesting and dangerous as when i timed it right and boosted was significantly faster down straight than once i'd run out! But you need to time its application coming off the corner or else it doesnt really gain you much.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 10:04:14 PM +0000 »

Mishap in Porsche Curves, went in for repairs and couldn't fathom out how to do it. Ended up with controls locked for 30 secs. Carried on regardless and got to say I totally enjoyed it. Brilliant in VR. Well done us mad few who took part!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:01 AM +0000 »

I followed all advice re: KERS, but as Bob passed me on the straight like I was stationary
I don't think it was doing anything... Made the fatal error of putting the front wing back to 2
just before the start as I thought I might as well get some cornering speed back
and the car was undrivable at the race start, lift off oversteer like the rears had punctures
stuffed it into a wall at the start twice in the 1st 2 corners, so quit.
This rig is using a G25, and I don't have the extra gear stick/buttons installed, so had nothing to map the KERS to anyway
but if it ran in auto, it was not doing much.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 12:29:04 PM +0000 »

That was hard work, these cars are amazing to drive.

Clearly people were using different strategies for deployment. I never found the auto settings particularly good, after half a lap its all gone so stuck to doing it manually but with so limited amount you do have to choose wisely.

My setup came from the setup website but actually had to do some changes to slow the steering down as it was just too quick. Raising the ride height to around 60mm helped as did running slightly nose high.

Interesting running with Bob and Apex as they were running quite diferent strategies. Though I did have to go off a bit to avoid others at times which was frustrating but knew I could catch them back up. Front tyres just seem to scrub too much in the slower corners which clearly hindered Apex as well.

Couldn't work out how to change my pit stop and not change tyres but then the fule took forever to refill so wouldn't have affect my stop.

Got me thinking how AC has these cars set up, how much Energy do they deploy and do they apply the same calculations as the ACO to work out the energy on different tracks i.e difference in track length compared to lemans, though it is an addon track.

Would be interesting in running these at WEC style tracks, definitely Silverstone!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:38:47 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 03:47:05 PM +0000 »

I think if you ever put more than 20L of fuel in you might as well change the tyres too for free. Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 11:19:54 PM +0000 »

I was running with default setup and not much practice so was not able to stay with the other racers, but still had fun. one day I will find some time to do a bit of practice/setup in these cars, at the moment I am still keeping off the kerbs and not really ragging it enough.

I was planning on using these cars for my Assetto Corsa special race in December at Daytona. I will also be running a few fun races in January before I start my Assetto Corsa British GT3 series..........so I may do a fun race at Silverstone in the LMP1's
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com