The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:47:08 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Occulus Rift  (Read 460 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:19:57 AM +0000 »

Now only £349 from John Lewis, Currys etc  Shocked

very tempting but cant help feel a version2 must be just around the corner with better resolution Undecided

How many here use it and really like it? I love the immersion I see in youtube vids using it.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 11:34:19 AM +0000 »

What's your hardware like MJ? A friend of mine returned his oculus because you really need a beafy system to get a stable high fps if you want high graphic settings.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:45:48 PM +0000 »

I only upgraded my hardware this year with 1080 card extra ram and i7 cpu so would hope it’s beefy enough. I really wanted to try one out before buying but seems impossible. Now I fear I’ll buy one and a new one comes out  Tongue

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:55:44 PM +0000 »

I have a 980ti and a 6770k i7 (screen capture vids on facebook)

I cant run it with max graphics but how i have it doesnt really make much visual difference, the lower resolution in the rift is enough to mask the slightly lower visuals anyway.

I run at 90fps at all times apart from when i start at the back of a 30car grid where is fluctuates around 50/60.

For £349 i was tempted to just buy another one to sit in a corner just incase something goes wrong with my current one..

Im unsure of when the next generation of rift will come out or even if there ever will be... from their recent legal battles i think the price has been lowered to clear stock as they were in the process of battling a cease order from selling any more..

Just get one from amazon and return it if you dont like it. Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:16:05 PM +0000 »

Hm.. I thought i saw something announced moths ago that  cheaper version will be released next year? Maybe not then!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com