The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 04:59:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKAC Fun/testrace Kyalami: December 27, 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Kyalami - Dec 27  (Read 6621 times)
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 06:50:48 PM +0000 »

I'd like to sign up for this one please.

Car choice:  Ferrari 330 P4.

I had never before driven the Ferrari or Kyalami.  Both are awesome. 
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 07:25:55 PM +0000 »

No need to pick a car for this event. I think there will be 10 cars available for each, so you can decide when you join the server.

I think I'll go for either the GT40 or Porsche, both felt fun to drive. The Ferrari was a bit twitchy for me, but that might be the setup.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 03:31:37 PM +0000 »

I'm currently trialling a 10% restrictor on the Ferrari's, It has them pretty even with the others in the hands of the AI, but I'm still a bit faster in them.
The Porsche struggles when driven by the AI, but I'm trying that next so will see how that copes with a human behind the wheel.
The Alfa is too slow sadly (I had to try!), but the big Jag is actually almost perfectly matching the GT40's and P330's when all are AI controlled.

Will update further once I've done some more testing
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 05:10:58 PM +0000 »

I'm currently trialling a 10% restrictor on the Ferrari's, It has them pretty even with the others in the hands of the AI, but I'm still a bit faster in them.
The Porsche struggles when driven by the AI, but I'm trying that next so will see how that copes with a human behind the wheel.
The Alfa is too slow sadly (I had to try!), but the big Jag is actually almost perfectly matching the GT40's and P330's when all are AI controlled.

Thanks for the work. I haven't found a way for offline air restriction yet. Can't find the option in the custom championship. Undecided
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 05:39:39 PM +0000 »

Just tried all 3 cars here, all great fun to drive. This circuit suits them well as you can get the power down nicely yet still a few corners to get a nice slide and bit of oversteer fun in  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 07:06:57 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the work. I haven't found a way for offline air restriction yet. Can't find the option in the custom championship. Undecided

When you're done selecting everyone's on the drivers drop down list, click on the little green tab at the top of the car list - it's called handicaps.
You'll then find options against every car for ballast and restrictors.

Results with me driving are as follows. There is some variation between runs as the championship seems to be randomising the track conditions slightly but I think these are fairly representative:

330 (10% restricted) =     1:24.697
908 ( No restrictors)  =     1:24.421
GT40 (No restrictors) =     1:25.264

These are on a 'green' track so won't represent my times for the current server settings. Tongue
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2017, 08:58:29 PM +0000 »

When you're done selecting everyone's on the drivers drop down list, click on the little green tab at the top of the car list - it's called handicaps.
You'll then find options against every car for ballast and restrictors.

Blimey, thanks.  Smiley

Results with me driving are as follows.

10% Doesn't sound a lot, but it seems to have quite the influence. I'll try and do some laps tomorrow, because preferably, I'd like the Kyalami race with the tweaked Ferrari. That way we can tweak it for a second test race.
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 03:08:02 AM +0000 »

Hey jeff, can I choice the 908 instead the 330? I hope isn't too late!
Also, if is possible, I did personal livery for me and Fabri (You know, I love made it Smiley )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg4kmrmsmts89fu/Magnesium%20Porsche908.rar?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 03:26:21 PM +0000 »

Also, if is possible, I did personal livery for me and Fabri (You know, I love made it Smiley )
Thanks in advance!

No need to pick a car for this race, it's a fun/test race. It will have 8 cars of each when you join and you can just pick when you join. Skins won't be possible because of that, but it will be for the season.

For some reason, even with 25% air restriction, I'm hardly any slower with the Ferrari. Maybe just put the server on 25% and see what everybody else thinks. Also, I'd like some more love for the GT40, as it seems to be the slowest at the moment, which could mean slowing the Ferrari down even more and the Porsche a bit.
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 03:55:37 PM +0000 »

Thanks in advance!

No need to pick a car for this race, it's a fun/test race. It will have 8 cars of each when you join and you can just pick when you join. Skins won't be possible because of that, but it will be for the season.

For some reason, even with 25% air restriction, I'm hardly any slower with the Ferrari. Maybe just put the server on 25% and see what everybody else thinks. Also, I'd like some more love for the GT40, as it seems to be the slowest at the moment, which could mean slowing the Ferrari down even more and the Porsche a bit.

Thanks jeff, in fact I did also for the championship which we want partecipate with the 908.
My opinion: Ferrari is really more fast then the other, I love her, but maybe need to consider the championship exclusion.
I manage 1.21.921, and I think that could be more low.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqG7EmDu2gk

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 04:01:59 PM +0000 »

Server now has a 25% air restriction for the Ferrari and, at Jeff's request, I've invalidated the previous times. See how you all do now Wink

PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2017, 04:07:29 PM +0000 »

Excellent, I will try Wink
If the best is near 1.23.5, could be ok for me

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2017, 04:22:08 PM +0000 »

Thanks jeff, in fact I did also for the championship which we want partecipate with the 908.
My opinion: Ferrari is really more fast then the other, I love her, but maybe need to consider the championship exclusion.
I manage 1.21.921, and I think that could be more low.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqG7EmDu2gk

Very nice lap.

The Ferrari won't be in the championship at its default status. The 25% air restriction is a bit of a gamble and just first try as I'd like other's opinions. It needs to be slowed down by roughly 1,5 seconds, so it will probably require more restrcting. But I was already noticing the lower top speed with 25%, so even more will make it the slowest on the straight, but the most nimble in the corners, which could make it an interesting fight, just not a historic accurate one Tongue.

Server now has a 25% air restriction for the Ferrari and, at Jeff's request, I've invalidated the previous times. See how you all do now Wink

Thanks Pete. Afraid I'll keep spamming you with other numbers the next few days  Kiss
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2017, 04:31:30 PM +0000 »

Can someone post another link to the track please as the one provided results in: This page isn’t working www.mediafire.com redirected you too many times.

Thanks.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2017, 04:44:09 PM +0000 »

Can someone post another link to the track please as the one provided results in: This page isn’t working www.mediafire.com redirected you too many times.

Thanks.

Kyalami 1967
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com